Friday, April 6, 2018

The Rat with Red and Blue Eyes - What Everyone Wonders About (Ending)

Adventure 7 – What Everyone Wonders About
Because of Ricky’s adventures, the Inverted Light as finally decided to take action against him. Because dozens of people in the town are wishing for an end to their suffering, he opens a fissure in the earth, which swallows the city at an alarming rate. The Reaper of Souls himself appears in the town to reap the souls of the people who try to escape, so none will escape this destruction. Ricky’s pack and his exorcist friends are fighting against the Reaper with swords and prayers alongside brave townsfolk.
As Ricky looks over the destruction he utters, “How am I going to fix this? I might be really over my head this time.”
The Caretaker stands by Ricky and points to the fissure and says, “Destroy the source in there and the hole will close.”
“I don’t know if I can do it.”
“You can. I’ll be with you as you go.”
Ricky is given his knight armor and weapons. He breathes in and out before heading to the fissure. Becky sees him and runs alongside him.
“Where are you going, Ricky?”
“I’m headed towards the fissure. The Caretaker told me that’s how I can stop all of this. This situation is more dangerous than the others. You should stay up here and help the others.”
“For the last time, I’m helping you no matter what the danger is.”
“I guess there’s no arguing with you on that.”
“You’re right about that. I’ll be with you no matter where you go.”
The couple travels down the fissure until they reach the bottom where they see a gray, demonic goat monster with six hands that’s splitting the earth alongside The Inverted Light.
Ricky unsheathes his weapons and points it at him and says, “The Abuser! I knew you had something to do with this!”
“You have no chance of winning against this towering foe, vermin. Tell your ‘Caretaker’ I send my regards,” the Abuser says before leaving through a portal.
“Coward! Becky, I still don’t know if we can handle this.”
“Be brave for the town! Be brave for the pack and our friends! Be brave for me.”
“…Okay. Let’s destroy this demon! For the town! For our loved ones! For the Caretaker!”
The towering goat monster smashes the ground in an attempt to crush the rats as they rush it, but their small size and nimble speed are too fast for them. They climb along its arm and cut it several hundred times. A death by a thousand cuts is their strategy for this demon that’s as tall and big as a house. The two take down one arm each as the demon tries to get them off it but can’t manage. Their strength and size might be small, but their size and speed make up for this. Another two arms fall and now the demon struggles to separate the layers of the earth that begin to crush it. Ricky and Becky cut the other two arms to weaken it, but not cut it off so they have time to escape. The earth begins to reattach itself and crush the demon while the Reaper has disappeared.
“Let’s get out of here Becky!”
“I’m right behind you!”
As the earth begins to come together, it’s obvious to Ricky that Becky can’t run fast enough, so he gets behind her and pushes her ahead. Ricky manages to push her out as they get to the surface, but the earth closes on him before he gets out.
“Ricky!”
Becky begins to claw at the earth to dig him up. A sword pierces through the ground and Ricky emerges from the ground. Becky hugs him once he stands up.
“I told you something like this would happen,” Ricky says, “I almost died there.”
“Thank the Caretaker you didn’t otherwise this would’ve ended up like Romeo and Juliet.”
“Don’t even think that way. We saved the town, but I’m sure they will be many more adventures.”
“And I’ll be with you through them all.”

Ricky and Becky share a kiss as the pack of rats and townspeople cheer in victory against evil. A victory won by two small rats who are small and weak, but brave and courageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment