Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Crawling Through - Song/Poem Attempt #29 probably another for the new book

Wake up!
Get up!

Wake up!
Get up!

Hurry up!
Let's go!
The enemy is behind us
They show no mercy
They leave no prisoners
They intimate you with their presence

Listen to the beating of my heart
Trust me
I will defend you with my life
And dedicate myself to you as I carry you across the battlefield

Come on!
Grab my hand!
I know you're stronger than this
You've always been able to overcome your weakness
Now crawl through this next one with me
I have faith that you'll make it through

Look at my face
I will always care about you
I will stand by your side
And face the pain with you

If you can't walk, crawl
Whatever you do, keep moving!
I will always be with you
Hold onto me and you'll make it through

Hold on!

Hold on!

Hold on!

Now breathe...we're safe...I knew you could do it

No comments:

Post a Comment