Thursday, April 19, 2018

Decaying Kingdom, Everlasting Love - Chapter 7 - The Long Fall Down

Chapter 7 – The Long Fall Down
After the long fall, Cinis and Favilla wake up underneath the earth. Without saying a word to each other, they know they must continue on no matter how they feel. They descend down into the earth to find a small, forgotten city that spirals down further into the earth. Its inhabitants are dirty, meager, and don’t appear to be aware of what is happening on the surface. The couple has heard legends of this place when they were younger. This place is simply called the Spiral City where the lost and forgotten go to live out the rest of their days. It is said that kings of kingdoms across the earth sent their most vile criminals here to be exiled. Other legends say that this is where one of the first heroes emerged from and that everyone here is trying to be like them. Of course, it is no easy task, so no one really comes out of this city a hero.
Wanting to ignore this place like many do Cinis and Favilla walk through the city without paying attention to anyone. Their wounded appearance gives them camouflage to walk through without attracting attention until one previous agent of decay tracks them down. She infects the city with decay and they go after Cinis and Favilla though due to their previous experience this is a cake walk. After exhausting everyone in the city, she reveals herself and attacks the couple directly.
Her true name is Jezebel. A woman from times long past who had all the men of her town under her fingertips. On one day, three different men disappointed her, so she cursed them with the power Senium and the men turned into dogs. Sanctor dispensed justice on the woman by sending a simple man into the city to push her off her balcony. After she fell, the three men who were cursed, took three parts of her body and left her to die. Jezebel then gave her soul to Senium who gave her eternal youth as long as she served him in Hell every five years to be the mother of rot and decay.
As such, she uses her children as tools to defeat Cinis and Favilla while hanging back and throwing knives at them. Favilla shoots at Jezebel to throw off her aim while Cinis turns all of her children to dust. Since Jezebel is incapable of defending herself without help, Cinis is able to easily defeat her once he gets close to her. Her beautiful face fades away and is revealed to be an eerie white mask with a smile carved into it with makeup on it. The mask falls off to reveal an ugly face as beauty never lasts forever. It has long since decayed like her soul.
Cinis says to Favilla, “I remember this woman from before.”
“So they’ve been in the kingdom without us noticing,” Favilla says.
“It’s a shame the people here were used as her pawns.”
“It is, but we shouldn’t let that bother us. There are still people out there that need our help.”
“Then let’s speed this up a bit, shall we? Hold onto my back.”
Favilla climbs onto Cinis’ back.
“What exactly are you planning?”
“Trust me, babe. I got this.”
Cinis jumps down the hole in the center of the city and uses his swords on the walls to slow their fall. He jumps between walls until they come to a long wall where they rapidly fall down. Cinis laughs in enjoyment as Favilla clings to Cinis as she screams in fear and slight enjoyment. Regardless, it’s a rush for the both of them. They ultimately reach the bottom, but Favilla refuses to let go.
“Whew! Wasn’t that fun?” Cinis asks with a smile on his face.
“N-n-n…did you even know if that would work?” Favilla says while shaking.
“Nope. It was just a thought I just came up with.”
Favilla hits him on the head.
“Ow! But it gave you a rush didn’t it?”
“I…I guess so.”
“Then it was fun!”
“I guess it was.”
“Let’s go again!”
“Don’t you dare!”
Favilla gets off Cinis’ back and the two continue their way to the center of the earth.
“I’m still not sure of our chances,” Favilla says.
“We can do this Favilla. We are the best of the best,” Cinis reassures her.
“Yeah, but…I don’t know.”
“Do you want to sing another song?”
“Are you going to be truthful about my singing talent?”
“Yes.”
“What song should we sing?”
“Do you remember that one song about Sanctor?”
“I do.”
“We’ll need His blessings so let’s sing it.”
“Despite my flaws
Despite my hypocrisy
Despite my hate
You open your arms for me with a smile

You wipe away my tears
You take away my guilt
When I'm with you, I am a person that shares in your joy
Your happiness
Your infinite love

When I stray away, you wait for me
You may let me get hurt, but you always heal me when I need it
I may think I know best, but you always know the truth
When I come back, you forgive because you know my honest mistakes

You help the weak
The lame, the sinful, the people that are thrown away like trash
When we're with you, we follow your example and do the same for others like us
We share your nature
Your wisdom
Your unending love

They spread their ever-changing lies about you
But we stand firm
They hate and mock us
But we are wiser
They think they can win
But we are already victorious

You forgive every sin
We follow you
You give help to those who never receive it
We follow you
Your love is a greater gift than anything conceivable
We follow you in your ever-forgiving love”
Strength fills both their bodies and a strange energy heals them.
“That was beautiful singing, Favilla.”
“I think you sang well too, Cinis.”

Both of them wait for the other to insult them, but it never happens. They then smile at each other and hold hands as they continue their journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment