Monday, April 23, 2018

Choice and Consequence of Saving Lives: Facelifted - Chapter 1 - Fighting Against the Natural

Chapter 1 – Fighting Against the Natural
The condition Morgan has is called Speculum Humanae or the Human Mirror. Most people experience it as lucid dreams while few recognize it for what it is. It appears during the most vital moments in your life and shows your worst side. The mirror tries to force you to face yourself to get your life in order. Many paranormal events can happen to you when you have the condition. It’s best to resolve the problems in your life to cure the mirror as fast as possible before things get too dangerous.
One of Morgan’s fellow coworkers leads her to a surgery room. She’s already been told what kind of surgery she’s going to do. It’s late in the afternoon and she’s tired from a full day’s work with this being the last thing on her list.
Along the way, he says, “Are you sure you okay? I could’ve sworn you’ve taken that medication more than once already.”
“Don’t worry about it,” she responds in a cold tone.
“I’m serious, Morgan. I think you’re pushing yourself too hard.”
“It’s sweet of you to care, but I got a handle on this.”
“You’re always moving around like you’re still young, but the years have taken their toll on you.”
Morgan gives him a death stare.
“Welp. That’s the signal to shut up. Good luck with the surgery.”
“You know I don’t need luck.”
A team of doctors is watching from a distance to observe Morgan’s work. Since she is an expert in her field, many aspiring doctors watch her as she works. She gets to work immediately without thinking since doing this is like breathing to her. As she works, the Angel of Death distracts her. It touches her hands, moves her tools, and tells her that this person will eventually die anyway. Nothing it does works as Morgan keeps her concentration, so it touches the patient’s body which makes its organs come alive to strangle Morgan. Morgan’s dedication is what pulls her through the surgery until its done. She falls over as her strength is completely spent.
Morgan wakes up on a couch in her office.
A colleague enters her office and says, “Great job as always on the surgery. I just wished you could’ve stayed longer to say something to the aspiring doctors.”
“Tell them to keep headache medicine handy and get plenty of sleep before work,” she says.
“Ha, okay. You’re done for the day, right?”
“Yep. What about you?”
“I got to stay for a bit longer since I came in later. Pray for me.”
“Will do if I don’t pass out as soon as I get home.”
“Haha, I wouldn’t blame you.”
 At the hospital’s exit, a smile is brought to Morgan’s face when she sees Matthew who’s waiting for her.
He says, “Hellllo nurse. Or should I say, doctor.”
“How’s your day been, Mat?”
“You know, another day, another headache.”
“That’s my saying.”
“It’s a good one. So, am I driving you home or what?”
“You don’t have to. I don’t live that far away.”
“It’s fine. We don’t spend that much time together outside of breakfast and lunch, so let me drive you home.”
“Okay then, but don’t expect a tip.”
“Damn.”
Morgan gets into Matthew’s car, which is a decent two door orange car.
“How was work today? I heard a couple newbie doctors came to watch the master work,” Matthew says.
“Yeah, but it wasn’t anything special. I had to go pass out in my office after I showed them how I worked.”
“You had to pass out in your office? Morgan, are you okay?”
“I am.”
“Really? You’ve been taking different kinds of medication recently.”
“I’m a doctor. I know what I’m doing.”
“But if you’re okay, then you wouldn’t need it.”
“It’s just been a rough week. It’ll pass soon.”
“I hope so.”
Matthew drops off Morgan at her apartment then both say goodbye until tomorrow. Morgan does her normal routine of taking a shower and watching TV while she looks through her favorite sites on the internet in lazy clothing. There’s a knock at her door and she answers it to see Matthew. She’s somewhat embarrassed because her lazy clothing is pretty revealing, but she tries to play it off.
“H-hi Matthew, what are you doing here?”
“I figured I’d stay with you a bit. Like I said, we don’t really have time to hang out with each other.”
“Oh ok. Do you want me to get you something to eat?”
“No, it’s fine.”
Matthew walks into her apartment and sits down on the couch in front of the TV.
“Do you usually greet people wearing that? Are you running some kind of side business that I don’t know about?”
“No! I just wasn’t expecting any visitors.”
Morgan sits down with Matthew. He sits closer to her, which makes her feel a little uncomfortable.
“What? Are you uncomfortable?”
“No.”
“You sure seem like it. I thought a doctor like you that’s comfortable with gore would be comfortable sitting next to her best friend.”
“I’m fine.”
Morgan snuggles up to Matthew.
“Now, do you feel uncomfortable?”
“I feel better than comfortable.”
They both watch TV for a bit.
“Morgan?”
“Yeah?”
“Why did you have a dating profile?”
“How did you know about that?!”
“A friend told me about it and he showed me it. I think it’s funny that the youngest you’ll date is an eighteen-year-old, which is as young as you can go.”
“I-”
“What about those clothes you were wearing in your profile picture and gallery? I’ve never seen you in skimpier clothing and we’ve gone to the beach together.”
“Well, you see-”
“And oh boy the kinky stuff-”
Morgan puts her hand over Matthew’s mouth as her face is red as a rose.
“I deleted that thing last week. Why do you even want to know?”
“I know you’re interested in me. Why haven’t you said anything?”
“Be-because I-”
Matthew kisses Morgan before she can explain herself. He lays her down on the couch and she goes along with it as she’s blissfully happy. She then feels something from him that doesn’t feel natural. When she looks down at Matthew’s crotch, a tapeworm-like snake tries to devour her. Morgan quickly falls off the couch.
“What is it, Morgan? I thought that’s what you’ve wanted?” the imitation of Matthew says.
Morgan quickly runs to the kitchen and grabs a knife. She manages to cut off the tapeworm snake, but three grow in its place.
“It’s always good to have more than one!”
“You’re overcompensating!” Morgan says back as she throws her knife into the head of the fake Matthew.
She slowly walks over to the things body and examines it.
“That’s one way to tell someone you’re not interested,” a woman behind Morgan says.
A woman who is Morgan. An other her in other words.
“Who are you?”
“I’m you, but I express myself more.”
“If you don’t want to end up like him, wake me up from this dream!”
“Okay but expect more if you don’t deal with them.”
The other her smacks Morgan and Morgan wakes up in her bed.
“What a bitch…Wait, that was me…Stupid bitch.”

No comments:

Post a Comment