Thursday, April 5, 2018

The Rat with Red and Blue Eyes - Hell's Boy

Adventure 6 – Hell’s Boy
There was an unfaithful nun who couldn’t keep her vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience. As a result, she gave birth to a child with small demon horns. He cursed at the sky using swear words and other curses that witches and devil worshippers would know. The priests and nun present at the birth tried to exorcise the demon, but at least six of them are killed, including the nun who gave birth, before the child escaped. The demon child is rumored to live in deep within the forests of Inanis. It kills wildlife and humans for sport and food.
Ricky is accompanied by Becky again because of what happened the other day. Her parents and his parents encouraged her to go with him since they told their parents and the pack their experience. They bring weapons, a book of exorcism prayers, and other tools in case the demon child set traps as it is known to.
“Why did you even complain about me coming with you? You don’t want me here.”
“I always want you with me, Becky. Truthfully, I’m scared of something bad happening to you. This is why I say that you should stay at home with the pack where it’s safe.”
Becky hugs him.
“You don’t have to be afraid, Ricky. You’ll protect me, won’t you?”
“With my life.”
“Now don’t be too risky. You wouldn’t want to break my heart.”
“I won’t make any promises should the situation come up.”
“You’re such a cruel hero.”
“And a dedicated one at that for such a beautiful princess. Speaking of princesses, did you like that snow globe I gave you?”
“Of course I do. By the way, who’s the princess of calmness and patience?”
“She’s a princess in human myth and legend. A princess who had to stand on a sharp sword to save her kingdom. It’s said she stood on the sword for hours without even damaging her skin. She was a wise princess who never let her anger and emotions get to her even when things got dangerous and the villains were mocking her.”
“Her standing on the sword reminds me of the legend of the little mermaid. When she got feet, didn’t she feel like she was walking on knives?”
“I think so, but the princess I’m talking about is a bit happier of a tale.”
Sounds of rustling can be heard in the forest as if something is jumping across the branches.
“We should probably get ready now,” Ricky says as he begins to put his plans in motion.
He sets up traps for demon child then he and Becky begin to draw it out with prayers and shows of affections. This draws out the demon child who attacks the couple. Ricky and Becky quickly retaliate, which makes the demon fly into the trees. It’s still visible, so they chase it. It brings them through its traps, which include bear traps, nets, and holes with sharp sticks that are covered with branches. Ricky throws his knives at the demon and it cuts off its wings. It yells an unnatural scream in the air that makes the leaves on the trees around it die and fall off. With rage searing through its body, it chases Ricky and Becky. They lead it back to their trap that ensnares him in a small ball.
Father Urien meets up with them and says, “I’m surprised you two captured this demon, but then again, I shouldn’t be surprised by anything when it involves you, Ricky.”
Dead animals and walking corpses come out of the ground with a demonic look to them.
“It’s somehow taken control of them! Get out of here father. We’ll hold them off.”
“I’ll help by exorcising this child. It should get rid of the dead.”
Ricky and Becky use their many knives and leftover traps to hold off the dead. Even when they cut off their heads, the bodies of the dead keep moving. The only way to stop them is by cutting off all their limbs, but even then, their torsos keep wiggling around.
“Father! We’re in trouble here.”
“Keep them busy for a little longer!”
Becky begins to be overwhelmed by the dead, so Ricky rushes to her aid. The Ricky breaks his weapons while fighting the dead. All hope seems lost for the rats until Father Urien finishes the exorcism. The child goes back to a normal human being and smiles and giggles at Father Urien.
He smiles at the baby boy then says, “Thank you for all you’ve done,” to Ricky and Becky, “I’ll be taking the child to the orphanage. Hopefully, he’ll be adopted by a loving family.”
“It was good working with you again Father Urien. How’s Ziv doing?”
“Better than ever. The man might turn out to be a better priest than I.”
“Is that so?”
“It’s very much so. Your friends Jasper and Jett help him when they visit. I should get to caring for this little boy. I’m sure he’s tired after all he’s been through.”
“Okay, bye!”
“Bye-bye! Thank you,” the baby says.
“I’ll see you again my friend,” Father Urien says as he walks away.
“I didn’t know human babies can talk,” Becky says.
“They can, but human babies have to learn to speak the human language before they can be understood by other humans.”
“Oh, well speaking about babies. How many do you think we’re going to have?”
“How can I know? Why? How many do you want?”
“Maybe five or six.”
“Five or six?!”
“That’s the normal number.”
“No, the normal number is three to four.”
“Well, I want five or six. Maybe more.”
“Why?”
“Because that’s what I want.”
“I guess I have to give the princess what she wants.”
“Princess? You mean queen.”

“Sure, I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment