Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The Rat with Red and Blue Eyes - A Mad Dead Man's Wonderland

Adventure 5 – A Mad Dead Man’s Wonderland
You should never wander too far into the unknown otherwise you will lose your way back home and you’ll be lost forever. Because of the nature of Inanis, a wicked witch cursed the town, but she wasn’t able to do so before being burned at the stake. Instead, the witch secretly made another curse with an unknown effect. The place where the witch performed her experiments was destroyed and a hole full of valuable gold was found beneath the house. People from the town mined the seemingly infinite amounts of gold until the hole lead them to an unknown dimension. Few came back and told tales of a mysterious and even horrifying place full of strange beings and magic.
Ricky and Becky go to where the hole in and travel down it.
As they go down the hole, Ricky says, “Are you sure you want to do this? I can do this on my own.”
“You’ve said that so many times already and I’m not changing my answer. Everyone else has already gone on dangerous adventures with you. Now, it’s my turn.”
“Okay, but I’m just warning you.”
“I can handle myself.”
“Unless you need me to save you...again.”
“Hey, don’t act like you don’t like being the hero saving the girl.”
“Hey, don’t act like you don’t like being saved when I risk my life for you. I love you, Becky. I don’t want you getting hurt or worse.”
“You’re such a smooth talker, aren’t you?”
“I just say the truth.”
Eventually, they go so far down the hole that they end up on the other side of it. They end up in a magical kingdom with a clear blue sky, humongous plant life even for humans, and birds of many different breeds in the skies.
“This is beautiful,” Becky says.
“Yeah, but why is everything upside down?”
They look underneath their feet and see that they’re standing on the sky. This is when they fall down to the ground. Ricky holds onto Becky and covers her in a way so that he can take the effect of the fall. One of the humongous plants catches them and gently puts them down on the ground. It then bows to Becky.
“Uh…thank you,” Becky says to it.
Ricky looks up at the sky then says, “Where’s the hole that we came from? I can’t see it.”
Becky looks up.
“Me neither. I guess we’ll have to find another way out.”
Ricky holds Becky’s hand as he walks forward.
“I didn’t know you were so scared Ricky. I thought you were supposed to be the brave one.”
“I am. We just don’t know how this world works. I mean we stood on the sky and a plant caught us and saved our lives.”
“And you also just like holding my hand.”
“Ye-Yeah. That too.”
While traveling through the forest of exotic plants, they hear cackling. The cackling gets louder and louder until a head of a cat appears out of thin air.
He says to the couple, “Oh, rats have made their way into our kingdom, and one of them has red and blue eyes. That must mean you’re special.”
“We just came here to see what the fuss was about and why some people haven’t made it out of here,” Ricky says.
“Well why would you ever want to leave here? It’s such a wonderful place.”
“Are you keeping them somewhere?”
“No, they are keeping themselves here.”
“Tell me where they are then.”
“Why would I do that? You’ll leave after you find them. Enjoy yourselves while you’re here. Let me show you a few of my tricks.”
The hands of the cat appear out of thin air and they move around which makes the plants in the area dance and sing. Becky is amused by the serenade of the plants while Ricky is only slightly amused.
“How about this then for the gentleman?”
Women ladybugs, mice, and plant spirits come out to flirt and appease Ricky, but he holds firm to Becky’s hand.
“Thank you, ladies, but Becky is the only girl for me. I don’t need another.”
“How about this then?”
The cat holds Ricky with both of his hands then separates his lower half from his upper without killing him.
“What the?!”
Ricky’s legs start moving around as if it had a mind of its own and starts dancing. This is somewhat amusing to Becky, but part of her doesn’t feel right for some reason.
“Give me my legs back!”
“Ugh. Fine. You’re no fun.”
Ricky’s lower half attaches itself back to his upper as if nothing happened. He can also move around with no problems whatsoever.
“But now the two of you see the wonders of this place. Why won’t you stay for a while?”
“Thank you, but no thank you. Maybe we will next time.”
“There won’t be a next time and you know it. Maybe I should take you apart again.”
“Don’t touch me!”
When Ricky’s hand touches the cat’s, a light from Ricky’s hand slaps away the cat.
“You’re-you’re touched by Him!”
The cat and everything in the kingdom begin to melt as the light turns to darkness.
“We have to go Becky!” Ricky says as he pulls her along.
The two then sprint on all fours until they reach a rapid river. They see a boat with oars heading towards them, so they jump on it and take control as they head down the river. The river then turns black as the sky. Teeth fill its waters and doll hands start reaching up from it as if gasping for air. Sea serpents from the river that are black, doll faced, and filled with the souls of suffering people rage against the tide and the impending waterfall, which their boat falls down.
A bird with a doll face saves them and says, “S-s-save us.”
The doll faced bird takes the couple to the castle of the kingdom that is now laced with spikes. They land on the balcony of the castle with their boat and small bodies intact.
“Regretting coming with me yet Becky?”
“No, I’ll never regret being with you.”
The couple kiss before heading into the castle and confronting the queen of this kingdom, a magical witch who takes the form of her black cat. A light envelops Ricky to give him his knight armor and sword. This time he is also given a small knife.
The queen’s black cat knights attack Ricky. He swiftly uses his new weapon to frighten the cats with his fast movements before cutting at their legs, which bring them to heel. He does this to all of the knight till none stand and all bow to him.
“This is over,” Ricky says with his sword pointing at the witch queen, “Release the prisoners and I won’t have to send you to the afterlife.”
“Foolish rodent! You will do no such thing!”
The witch casts black magic on Ricky, which he struggles to fight against as it saps his strength. He tries slicing at it, but it has little effect since he can’t swing properly. Becky comes up from behind him and puts her hands on his shoulders.
“You can beat her Ricky! I believe in you!”
Becky’s encouragement allows Ricky to lift his sword up, which is now emanating a golden light. The light from the sword allows Ricky to send out a light wave from it that slices through the black magic, the witch, and the wall behind her. The witch turns to dust as the kingdom begins to implode from the inside. The bird from before and the other doll faced creatures take Ricky and Becky out of the castle and escape from everything that’s turning in on itself. Once everything in the kingdom is gone, it releases an explosion of energy that sends the couple and the captives through the hole they came in through and back into the normal world.
The hole is now gone, and the captives are back to their normal form as the witch’s magic is gone from them. They thank the rats then go their separate ways.
“So, what did you think of that, Becky? Do you still want to go on adventures with me?”
“Let me think about it-Of course I do! You would’ve died or worse if I wasn’t there to help you out.”
“I don’t know. I could’ve used the memory of everyone else I knew and you. Maybe that would’ve worked too.”
“Ricky!”
“I’m just kidding. I’m in your debt for helping me through my latest adventure.”
“That means you have to give me a massage and compliment me for the rest of the day.”
“What?”
“You said you’re in my debt and I’m already cashing in. Don’t make me give it more thought and make it worse for you.”
“Fine.”
“What? You have to compliment me.”
“Yes, princess. The love of my life.”
“That’s better.

No comments:

Post a Comment