Thursday, January 24, 2019

Tastefully Morbid: Chapter 5 - Evils and Innocents

Chapter 5 – Evils and Innocents
“This is weird,” Schivo says as he looks out at the flat land in front of him, “There’s usually something weird ahead of us.”
“Maybe we just can’t see it,” Sanitas says.
A white elephant’s trunk pops out of the ground then an elephant’s smiling white face. It has pinkish round cheeks and ears.
“Hello there!” it says in a squeaky voice, “Can you help me get through? I’m kind of stuck.”
“Uh, sure.”
Schivo pulls the elephant’s head out and just the head while its body stays in the ground. He falls down in fear, which makes Sanitas fall down too. The elephant still appears to be alive as its face makes expressions.
“Oh. You pulled my head off,” it says.
“I-I-I’m sorry,” Schivo says while feeling horribly guilty.
“You don’t have to worry about it. Just pull the rest of me out.”
“Oh-Okay.”
Sanitas helps Schivo pull out the rest of the elephant. He then puts the elephant’s head back on its body, but then, the elephant’s body falls apart with its arms, legs, and tail plopping to the ground. Again, Schivo shutters in guilt.
“You put on my head too hard.”
“I’m so sorry!”
“It’s okay. I’m just a little fragile. Be careful next time.”
The two put together the elephant. It then does a little dance and spins around in joy.
“Hahaha, thank you!”
“You don’t have to thank us. I kept breaking you apart.”
“That wasn’t your fault. You didn’t know.”
“Are you supposed to be our last test?”
“Not really unless you count Schivo’s fear of harming innocent creatures and people.”
“Oh, that’s right. I’d hate to hurt innocent beings. I remember this one time that I accidentally made a baby cry or the time I didn’t kill a rabbit with one shot.”
“You don’t need to worry too much about things that were accidents.”
“I know, but it still bugs me every now and then. So what are you doing here then?”
“I’m going to guide you to the exit.”
“That’s great! Thank you, mister elephant,” Sanitas says.
“You’re welcome! Just be careful about the dragon.”
“Dragon?”
“There.”
Schivo and Sanitas look to their left to see a huge dragon staring them down. They fall to the ground at the sight of its smiling face and imposing presence. The dragon has a mane like a lion with strings for its beard and mustache. It’s colored white and various shades of pink. Pink is also the colors of its eyes and the inside of its smiling mouth. Its body is incredibly large and stretches for miles and is shaped like the symbol for infinity.
“You have nothing to fear from the beast as long as you keep away from it and don’t let it bother you,” the elephant says, “Follow me. The exit isn’t too far from here.”
The two cautiously walk around the away from the dragon and follow the white elephant. The dragon slowly follows them as if an invisible barrier is in front of it. It then screams in a high pitch loud enough to shake the ground. Schivo and Sanitas are shaken a bit but continue walking. The dragon laughs in a deep tone before flying close to them and tries to coil them in its body.
“Don’t worry about it,” the elephant reminds them, “It won’t hurt us as long as you don’t allow it.”
The dragon coils in the air like a tornado before coming down on them and stopping only a few feet from their heads. Schivo and Sanitas duck a little but keep walking forward. Seeing the small reaction it got, the dragon uncoils then reveals the death and decay of the real world. Innocents lie crippled in the mud, parents cry over the graves of their children, souls are sent into a fire, and people walk over the broken as if they weren’t there. This sight is enough to stop Sanitas in her footsteps, but Schivo keeps walking.
“Schivo…”
“It’s okay, Sanitas. I’ll be your strength to help you get through this. Trust me.”
“I…I trust you.”
The two walk through the illusions much to the distress of the dragon who retreats.
“You two made it! We’re at the exit!”
“Phew! Thank you, little elephant,” Schivo says.
“Bye, bye mister elephant!” Sanitas says while waving goodbye to it that waves back.
Both of them walk through a circular portal that makes them walk out of the lake Schivo was at and back on land. Schivo’s brown hair and eyes are restored to him while Sanitas has her brown hair and green eyes restored to her with both of them in the same servant clothes they left the world with. They look around in amazement that they really escaped the other world and see that they’re holding hands. They then smile at each other in appreciation of seeing the real face of the other. Sanitas loosens her grip, but Schivo holds on, which makes both of them blush.
 Schivo says, “This is where I was pushed into that other world. Should I take you home to your parents? They must be worried about you since you were in there longer than me.”
“You don’t have to worry about that. I’m an orphan.”
“Oh. So you’re like a girl from a fairy tale.”
“I am?”
“Yeah. I mean you went on a weird adventure and fell in love. Girls from fairy tales are also supposed to be beautiful and you are.”
Sanitas kisses Schivo’s face. He blushes and smiles then kisses her in return.
“Oh, what about your parents, Schivo?”
“I uh…to tell you the truth…they’re dead.”
“They are?”
“Yeah. They died while hunting one day after trying to go after a wild bear that was terrorizing the town. I buried them around this lake where we used to fish and have picnics at while star gazing.”
Sanitas tightens her hand.
“Well now you have me to fish and star gaze and whatever else you do with. I promised you that I will always be with you and that’s what I’m going to do.”
“Alright. I promise you that too.”
Schivo and Sanitas sit by the lake and enjoy each other’s company as they begin their new life together after facing fears of all kinds.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment