Sunday, January 13, 2019

Feelings about horror and lighter stories

Even though I mainly write horror, I've always wanted to write a bunch of feel-good stories. You might've noticed that with some of my other stories that are more normal than my regular stories like A Meager Hero, From Hatred to Love, and Decaying Kingdom, Everlasting Love. But the real reason I want to write so many, is because I want to live in them. I want to repeatedly live happy memories over and over again more than I want to share an interesting story.
Because of this, I better understand why when I ask God to inspire me to write something fun and light, I get stories like Tastefully Morbid, Poor Child of Man, Growing Up Late, and if I do get something somewhat normal, I get body horror in From Hatred to Love. If I'm meant to mainly show horror, then that's what I'll do even if I do want to write lighter stories. I can tell fun and interesting stories that might teach someone an important lesson that they might not get out of other genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment