Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tastefully Morbid: Chapter 2 - Unwanted Love

Chapter 2 – Unwanted Love
Schivo is brought to the waiting girl by Decay and Death. He is somewhat hesitant to approach the smiling girl, but he steps forward with a smile and his hand extended.
“Hello, my name is Schivo. What’s yours?”
“Sanitas. I’ve been waiting for you to come here. Thank you for taking him to me Decay and Death.”
“Do not worry about it, miss. We must get back to our duties. There are other people we must attend to.”
The half rat, half worm heads off leaving the two alone in a weird silence. Sanitas seems to enjoy just being with Schivo for some reason known only to her.
To break the silence, Schivo says, “Why are you waiting for me?”
“Because I’ve been a good girl here and I was allowed one wish.”
“What did you wish for?”
“A boyfriend that would love and protect me to his dying breath.”
“And that’s supposed to be me?”
“It looks like it.”
Schivo is a little embarrassed and tries not to blush, but then he realizes something.
“Wait. Where’s my choice in this? Did I just get dragged here to be your boyfriend because I would be a good choice?”
“I guess. What’s the problem?”
“I don’t know you. Do you expect me to just fall in love with you? We need to get to know each other first before we enter any kind of relationship.”
“Okay. Let’s hold hands.”
“What?”
“Isn’t that okay to do?”
“I guess, but it seems like a thing that a couple would do.”
“If you were brought to me, that means we’re probably going to be a couple. It’s not like I’m asking you to kiss me.”
Sanitas’ face despite not being truly human pulls on Schivo’s heart.
“Okay.”
“Yay!”
As Schivo takes Sanitas’ hand, their hands start to meld together. Their bodies start gravitating together as a connection is being formed.
Unnerved by the feeling of connecting, Schivo asks, “What? What’s going on?!”
“Haha, you see? We’re compatible. We’re meant to be together.”
“Get away from me!”
Schivo runs away from Sanitas and into the forest.
“Wait, Schivo!”
“No!”
Schivo runs deeper and deeper into the forest while dodging between the trees to break Sanitas’ sight of him. He hides behind a large tree in a clearing that reaches further to the sky than the other trees.
While planning out his next moves, the large tree asks him, “Why are you running, little man? The girl you are running from is pure and sweet.”
“I don’t believe you.”
“Why not?”
“One, you’re a talking tree. Two, that girl was doing something weird to me.”
“Making a connection with you isn’t weird.”
“The way she was doing it was.”
“No, it wasn’t,” a familiar voice says from the trees.
Sanitas descends from the large tree as Schivo backs away from her.
“I’m friends with these trees so they take me wherever I want to go and tell me what I want to know,” she says as she begins to hold out her hands.
“That’s neat. I’m sure one of them will gladly find you a better boyfriend than me.”
“You were the only one that was brought to me. You are the only one for me.”
“You don’t know that. We just met and know nothing about one another!”
“You felt that connection we had. I know you felt it too. Let’s connect.”
“Stop it! We don’t have to connect that way!”
Schivo tries running back into the forest, but the trees enlarge their branches and slow down his movements.
“This is why I don’t trust talking trees!”
“Relax, Schivo. This won’t hurt.”
“I’m uncomfortable with it. It’s weird. How am I going to use my right arm if we’re connected?”
“You can trust me.”
“I don’t even know you beyond your name!”
“It’s okay. You’ll get to know me better as we live together.”
Schivo and Sanitas’ begin to connect again, but the process drives him away again.
“I don’t like this!”
Once he breaks away, he enters into a tight labyrinth of branches and trunks as the trees have grown bigger to trap him.
“I am going to make a house out of all your friends when I’m out of here!” Schivo yells at the trees.
“Don’t be mean!”
“You stop! We’re fine like this. We don’t need to be so close.”
“But we have to connect, Schivo! You have to be mine!”
“Okay, now you’re sounding really creepy.”
“You’re the boy I wished for. You have to be!”
“Sorry, but do I seem like I am right now?”
The trees grow bigger until Schivo has to slide his way through. Sanitas’ manages to get close to him since the trees are giving her space. She begins to connect to him, which slows him down and gravitates him to her.
“Stop making this difficult,” Sanitas says.
“Don’t you think it’s weird that these weird creatures and plants want us to connect? Maybe this is some kind of evil plot. Maybe we’ll stay connected like this even when we leave.”
“That’s great!”
“I think you’ve lost your mind while staying here.”
Schivo breaks off a branch from one of the trees and tries to break the connection.
“What are you doing?!”
“Trying to save us. I don’t think you know what you’re doing.”
The trees let Schivo move so he can get away only to close in on him. He struggles to move away as Sanitas begins to connect with him again.
“Listen to me, Sanitas. I-”
Sanitas hugs Schivo which gets them to connect much faster than normal. Schivo’s right foot connects with Sanitas’ left foot along with his right arm and her left arm. During the quick process, Schivo feels comfortable and happy from Sanitas’ embrace but tries to resist at the last second. His efforts are in vain as the connection has been completed. The trees shrink their trunks and branches as the forest returns to normal.
Schivo is in shock as he sees his physical connection to Sanitas. He tries moving their connected limbs to see that they’re permanently connected together for now.
“What did you do to me?” he asks.
Sanitas hugs Schivo then answers, “We’re connected. Do you see how easy it was for us to connect with one another? That means we’re meant to be with one another.”
Unable to do anything to break the connection, Schivo sighs. “I guess I can’t do anything about this now. You’re not going to force me to stay in this world, are you?”
“No. I only stayed for you. We can leave now if you want.”
“Alright. I promise to keep you safe to the best of my ability. I could probably do more, but no. You wanted us to be this way.”
“Yup!”
“Okay then. Let’s go. I’ve had enough of this place.”
“Okay. Bye trees!”
The trees say bye to Sanitas and wave with their branches as Schivo and Sanitas leave the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment