Sunday, January 6, 2019

Always One Step from Hell: Final - Chapter 7 - Superbia

Chapter 7 – Superbia
Today’s another great day to be good. I’ve already done everything I needed to yesterday so I can treat myself to some good relaxation today. I went to church early today, said my rosary, done my shopping, and even dressed up my house for my knight’s coming home. He could be coming home soon, so I set up the house to be extra nice for him. I can’t wait for him to come home and see the surprised look on his face. He should be so excited to see me that we might get to baby making as soon as he settles down. What knight wouldn’t want to do that when he comes home from war to a beautiful wife like myself?
I’ve always got a lot of food that we love ready to go. Since I got extra, I had a little for lunch already. I’m sure he won’t mind that is if he comes home. He should know that I’m a hard working woman that deserves her due reward for her faithfulness to God and her husband. I’ve also done my part in charity. Whatever wealth and possessions I haven’t donated are mine to keep. The extra things I’ve done should cover me for a while. If they don’t, I’ll just give whatever things that I have that I don’t really need.
I should stop overthinking about the things I do and the consequences of them. Since God is good, all I have to do is go to confession, do my penance, and that’s it! I’m set for Heaven! Today’s my day to rest and I’ve been enjoying the fresh Sunday air without a worry in the world. Damn it all. Why’s the town so loud today? Don’t they know that they should be resting today? Don’t they think about people like me who need a bit of silence from time to time? These people get on my nerve sometimes.
Part of me has to admit my envy of them. Their joy, energy, and want to do good for God and everyone is admirable. I wish I had what they did. I know I recently suffered from the sin of envy, but it’s just a thought that I sometimes have. I’ll get over it because I’m stronger than most women. Who else could go through the psychological and supernatural things that I have and come out mostly unscathed? All of the horrors I’ve gone through would scare a veteran warrior or exorcist. My nerves are made of steel. Nothing can overcome me.
Are you finished talking about yourself yet? Myself, I mean.
What are you talking about? I’m just speaking the truth.
You grew and took over half of my body when I looked in the mirror after church. You jumped out from the mirror and now I have two heads and four breasts.
What’s the matter with that? It’s double the me! I’m sure my knight having two of me.
Everything. I’ve gone through thinking about the seven deadly sins because of you.
Because of me? Or because of you? Do you know how many times you think to yourself, “I do this, I do that, me, me, me, me”?
I have to think about myself and my actions sometimes to make sure I’m acting according to God’s will.
Why should you? You’re perfect as you are! Do you know that I’m your biggest fan? I’ve shapeshifted my form to look like you and keep changing it when you change. We’re like the same person! Maybe you can even help me get to Heaven. You should still be in the state of sanctifying grace, so your ticket to Heaven should be good.
Demons don’t belong in Heaven and they’ll never make it their home again.
Oh, but I do God’s will like you do. What’s the difference?
I’m redeemed by His sacrifice. You aren’t. You had your chance and you’ll never recover from your sin. I can pick myself when I fall as long as I put my hope and faith in Him. You can only fall and when He comes back, you’ll stay there forever.
Harsh words coming from a woman who always thinks about herself. You suffer from the sin of pride just like the devil.
Right now, all I have to care for is myself. I try to pray for those who are lost and suffering. There’s nothing else that I can do for the world.
Your constant mental prayer doesn’t help you. Just say the word and I’ll leave you.
I have been praying for you to go away. I’m always praying because I know I’m nothing without God. He loves me, I love Him, and that’s something that will never change.
AAAAAAHHHH!
There we go. I’m finally back to normal. Huh? Who could be at the door? No way!
“I heard there was a princess in need of a knight and I came to answer the call.”
“You came back!”
“You aren’t even going to try to roleplay?”
“Oh, get in here you, dork!”
We embrace and kiss for several minutes. He tries to calm me down, but I deeply miss him, so I hold onto him for a while with tears of joy in my eyes. He talks to me about his adventures over dinner, most of which I’ll be using in my stories and drawings. We spend the rest of the day in each other’s arms until it’s time to save it for tomorrow.
He didn’t even want to make children with you tonight. You could tie him up and get him too.
That’s wrong. I’m not going to do that.
But I bet you’re still thinking about it.
I’m thinking the rosary in my head right now. How about that? No answer? Good. Thank you, God, Mary, my guardian angel, and everyone else who prays for me in Heaven. Special thanks to you God as always. I couldn’t do anything without you.


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment