Friday, May 24, 2019

The Simulation of Human gods: Subject 4: Mastermind


Subject 4: Mastermind
My sister tells me everything. Everything even the things she doesn’t tell the other people in our family, but she didn’t tell me she would be entering the machine herself. I’m not too worried because she knows the ins-and-outs of the simulation. I’m just wondering why she’s doing this. Does she want to play around or be a subject? Well, we’ll have to see.
She’s bringing up the actions of the previous subjects. Why would she do that? I know she sees the recording and my report after each experiment, so what is she up to? What is she doing now? Huh? What’s going on now? Is that…me in the machine? Why does it look so big? Why are so many people attached to it?
I scream out loud, “What the hell is going on, sis?!”
Everything around me is changing. What the? I’m back in my old room that I shared with my sister. I’m sitting at my desk and…sis.
“What is going on, sis? Am I in the simulation?”
“Yes, and you have been for a while.”
“Huh? W-what I’m saying is automatically being recorded on this document.”
“I wanted to save it. It’s a special moment for me.”
“When did you put me in the simulation? Why did you put me here?”
“I put you in a while ago. You’ve been thinking you were still working until I got in here to keep you preoccupied. You don’t remember because we tried to make that memory as hazy as possible for you. I put you in the simulation so you can live the rest of your life the way you want to. That is the goal of this simulation after all.”
“You never told me that.”
“You should’ve known. The world is still a dangerous place despite all that our company has done for it. This simulation is how every human will live the rest of their lives. Think about how great that is.”
“This is crazy. How many other people are here against their will?”
“I’ve lost count. Every person who uses our VR products will be in this simulation and the ones that don’t are offered an irresistible amount of money or incentives to be in it. The only people that won’t be in it are the ones that we don’t have room for or are just terrible people in general.”
“You can’t just force people into this simulation even if they get to live in a dream!”
“Why not?”
“I don’t know. It’s just wrong to force people to live this way!”
“Again, why? They won’t hurt anyone, and they’ll live peacefully until their natural end.”
“People aren’t meant to live in a simulation, sis.”
“I’m sure you’ll come to see my side in time.”
“If I’m in the simulation, I can find a way to escape. I know just as much about it, maybe even more than you do.”
“I don’t think so. I have complete access to what you can and can’t do. I decide who has godlike powers and who merely exists. In this simulation of human gods, I play the role of the god above all.”
“You’re insane. Stop it, sis! This isn’t who you are!”
“Of course it is. I’ve been doing everything in my power to make sure my family, especially you, is safe from the world. Why wouldn’t I want to be in control of it to make sure that happens? Now, I have to make sure you’re relaxed so we can enjoy the rest of our lives together.”
“Stop! Get away from me! Ahh! I can’t move! Where are you moving me?”
“Come here. Do you remember all the nights we used to spend in each other’s arms in our bed and talk about the world and each other’s feelings? I can’t wait to spend so many more nights like this.”
“Stop holding me!”
“Shhh. Do you feel it? These are the feelings I have for you. I may not always say it or show it, but I love you. It’s useless to resist.”
“No…stop…”
“You must know that we share a special pod together. This is how we are in the machine. In each other’s arms.”
“Sis…”
“It’s okay. Rest for now. We have forever to spend with each other.”

Simulation goal: Achieved
Other subjects will be brought in the simulation in due time to live out the rest of their lives in happiness.
This is the end that I want for everyone.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment