Thursday, May 9, 2019

The Disease Killing Me is You: Chapter 3 – Fractured by Desire

Chapter 3 – Fractured by Desire
I don’t think it helps to remember what could happen next, Bianca.
I can’t help it. This place has messed up my head.
Our parents have messed up our head. I still can’t believe they would do this.
What are we going to do if we manage to escape?
We’ll figure it out when we leave.
Can we even get back to normal? Our parents are the ones who put us together like this, and we doubt they know how to put us back together. I bet they won’t even try to put things back to normal.
You never know. We may change their mind.
It’s only a slim chance.
We thought there was no chance that something like this would ever happen to us especially by our parents. Maybe we could bring them to their senses. Part of their conscience has to realize that they’re doing the wrong thing.
I hope you’re right because I’m starting to lose it, and what I’m seeing isn’t helping.
This looks like where they do experiments on people.
Look at all those things in the vats. Are those even people? I can’t tell.
I’m sure we’re going to find out soon enough. Did you hear that noise? It sounds like one of the vats opened. Something’s moving around in the dark.
If only we only had night vision.
It’s fine. We have each other. All we need to do is be careful-
Watch out! Got it!
See? We can do this, Bianca. More vats are opening.
It’s so dark here. Is it just darker in this area or did someone dim the lights?
Knowing doesn’t matter. Just concentrate. There!
I got’em! I didn’t realize I could see out of your eyes if I concentrate.
I didn’t notice you did that. This is good. We can make it through this. More vats are being open. It sounds like way more mutants are coming for us than we can handle.
I’ll climb up so we can avoid them. We can crawl across the ceiling to avoid fighting completely. The only problem is that we don’t know where we’re going or if they can climb onto the ceiling.
Don’t worry about it. Just stay calm. Right. Here we go. Which direction should I go in, Bianco?
Keep going straight like I was. We have to be near some kind of exit.
I can hear them clanging on the metal bars.
We got this. We just have to be extra athletic and switch control. Here we go.
Ahhh! You barely caught the metal bar with your feet.
It was close but at least we avoided the attacks and got rid of a few. Here we go again.
Okay, okay. I’m ready now! Get back down there!
Catch the bar!
I got it!
Great job! I think I see a vent over there. We need to swing a few times to get to it. If we can get to it, we can escape.
Let’s do this.
One.
Two.
Three! We made it! Hurry! They’re coming in! Break the vent. Let’s bend the metal. There we go. We’re safe. AHHH! Stupid things won’t give up! Get off!
They’re stronger than they look if they can punch through the vent. They must be big jumpers too. Ah! There’s too many of them!
Can I stop getting grabbed at for once?!
I don’t blame them.
Not now! We have to find a way to get out of this mosh pit and back to the ceiling.
“Let us touch your warm body!”
“Give us your warmth!”
“Let us bond like you!”
“We want that bond!”
“Give us your touch!”
Agh! What is that loud screeching sound?
It’s driving away the mutants. It must be one of our parents making the sound. It stopped. The mutants are keeping a distance.
“I’m sorry that I tested you like how Rosso did, but I couldn’t resist.”
“Dad?”
Bianco, your dad looks like those mutants with those boils on his skin and the deformed way his face and body look.
“Remember when we used to mix different building blocks together to make our own creations, Bianco? Those were fun times.”
“We can have those times again if you put everyone back to normal and stop these experiments.”
“I can’t. We can’t. We’ve done so much. It’s too late to go back.”
“It’s never too late to go back, dad.”
“There is a point when it’s too late. Do you see all these people we experimented on? The authorities aren’t going to go easy on us. At least we learned a few valuable lessons. The bond between two people of the same sex isn’t the same between the bond between lovers such as yourselves.”
“Please stop this! Take responsibility for what you’ve done. Look at how much suffering you are causing.”
“I…I don’t know if I can.”
“Ple-”
Why are we puking now?
I don’t know. I feel so weak.
Bianco…
Don’t feel scared. I’m still here with you.
“Bianco…Bianca…I’m sorry.”
“Please, dad…help us…”
“I’ll…try.”
Are you sure we can trust him? He’s injecting us with something. It could knock us out or worse.
I trust him. He’s my dad.
“Okay, that should slow down the decaying process, but I have to do something else to fix you. I just don’t know what.”
“Nero!”
Did you hear that?
It’s my mom.
“Violet…”
“I knew you would get them, Nero. Hurry, let’s bring them the main experimentation lab before they die.”
“Isn’t there any way to put them back to normal?”
“What are you saying? There isn’t going back to normal for them. Why would you want that? Being normal only brings death and suffering.”
“But we’ve done worse despite being abnormal.”
“We’re going to fix them and everyone we’ve experimented on.”
“How many people have we hurt because of these experiments? Hundreds? How many people have we disposed of? Thousands?”
“We’ll bring them back to life.”
“A human body is more than flesh and bone.”
“So, you’re just going let them die?!”
“I don’t know what I’m doing, and I don’t know if it’s the best thing to do, but it’s the best option that seems presently right.”
Your dad has a heck of a kick to kick us across the room like this. He’s fighting your mom and the mutants with that noise to aid him. I’m not sure how long he can last.
We have to help him somehow…Here! Let’s break this pipe and throw it at the vat near them. It should give my dad room to escape.
Okay!
“Watch out, dad!”
We hit the vat and it looks like we broke it. All of its liquids spill out onto the crowd. I hope dad is okay.
I’m sure he’ll be fine, but I’m not sure about us. Let’s keep moving.
Right.
But where do we go next? We can’t be fixed, and the only other option is to die. You can’t tell me to not worry about this! What do we do?!
We try to convince our parents the right thing to do one last time. If we can’t do that…do you really want to make others suffer so we can live longer? It’s not like we’re guaranteed immortality.
…You’re right. I’m sorry, but I don’t know if I can handle this.
You’re not handling this alone. I’m with you and I’ll always be with you because I love you, Bianca.
Bianco…I love you too.
I promised you once and I’ll promise you again. We’ll make it through this one way or another, but no matter what happens, I’ll always be with you and I’ll always love you. I am yours forever.
And I am yours forever and ever.

The song that's referenced in the title is Fracture by Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment