Friday, May 10, 2019

The Disease Killing Me is You: Chapter 4 – So Far Gone with You Even in the Afterglow

Chapter 4 – So Far Gone with You Even in the Afterglow
We have to be close to some kind of exit. We’ve done nothing but pass by empty examination rooms and cell rooms.
Do you think that our parents are going to be waiting at the exit?
They have to be. They must know our condition by now. Are you still afraid?
No, not anymore. Are you?
Not at all. I never was.
You’re such a liar. I know your thoughts and feelings.
But you don’t know my deeper thoughts. I may feel scared and my imagination may be going off but that doesn’t mean I’ve let my fears affect me.
Yeah, yeah.
You know I’m telling the truth.
I know. It’s just that…we don’t have long.
You don’t have to remind me. I can feel my strength fading away by the second, but we don’t need to worry about it for much longer.
I know we’re physically bonded, but can you hold my hand?
I will.
Thank you.
I think that might be the exit over there.
It looks like one even though it’s messy with decaying furniture, desks, and chairs.
Even though no one’s around, this might be a trap.
You’re right, but what can we do about it now?
Nothing. We can only spring it then deal with it from there.
Nice plan.
Don’t even try to be sarcastic when I know what you’re really thinking.
Okay…let’s go. Come on. I can’t move without you.
…right.
There they are! They stepped out of the shadows as soon as we stepped into the room.
What happened to your mom and dad, Bianco? Look at them.
It looks like the chemicals in the vats fused them together.
“We must thank you for fusing us together, Bianco. We’re more in tune with each other like this than before with twice the arms and brains.”
“This isn’t what I wanted. This isn’t what we wanted to happen.”
“Why don’t you see that we’re trying to help you? Look at everything we did. We’ve risked everything we are so you could live forever.”
“Everyone who lives eventually dies. It doesn’t matter how much you try to fight it. It’s an inevitability. Besides, you get to live forever after this life anyway, and I’m afraid of where you might end up.”
“You don’t know what you’re talking about!”
The floor beneath us was a trap?
I’ve given up on expecting anything.
This place is dark like the experimental room with a low glow that barely lights it up. What’s going to happen? Ah! What kind of liquid did we get drenched in-AAHHHHAHHAH!!
“Now, you will truly become one. Please know that your mother knows best, Bianca.”
We’re one body now. Bianca, are you still here? Wha…urgh…what’s going on? We’re just one singular body now. What? How? It was something that your mom did to us that mutated us to be in one body. Oh wow. Why is your body the one we have to live in? Woman was made of the ribs of a man. Psh. Whatever. What’s going to happen now?
“This is amazing. They fused so quickly.”
“You did well, Verde. Let us fix their form before they start to decay again.”
I’m going to need your help again to climb out of here, Bianca. Wow, I feel so much more in control, but I can already feel this form begin to decay. We have more power, but we decay faster. Makes sense.
“Stop them!”
Look at how many people are coming after us. We have to bring this place down around us in order to have any chance at escape. We can throw the vats at the ceiling above us to collapse it. It’s going to hurt and everyone else may die, but it’s something we have to do in order to end this mad science experiment. I understand. They may be fast, but they can’t react as fast as we can.
Rah! There we go. Another couple of vats should bring the whole ceiling down. Here goes another one! Ah! They’re on us! That can’t stop us in our new body. There are so many pilling up on us…I don’t…no. We can do this! Rah!! Brace for impact...Is it over? Huh? The ceiling collapsed on us, but we barely felt anything-! We’re throwing up again. We have to quickly escape before our parents get us. Urk…
We have to dig our way out. Come on. We’re almost out of here. Ah! Mom…dad…
“Stay…Bianco and Bianca. We can-fix you.”
“Nothing was wrong with us to begin with.”
“Wait, you can’t leave…you’ll die…”
“It’s better than staying here. We hope you come to regret what you’ve done.”
“No…stop…”
Keeping going. We’re almost out of the rubble. Okay. Just one more push. Help me climb up this wall, Bianca. I got it. Do you think our parents are going to regret their actions? This place has thrown so many surprises at us that I don’t doubt it. Finally. The way out. The air smells different. Better than I remember it. That’s probably because we were stuck in a smelly place. Probably.
I don’t think we can go very far. I know. Let’s go underneath that tree. Okay. It is a beautiful day to look at the sky. Well…there goes our legs. Now our arms. At least we made it to the tree before losing them. I have you with me, so that’s all that matters. I love you. I love you too.
Bianco?
What is it?
Are we really going to be together forever?
I knew it was a fact even before now. I told you we would escape one way or another.
You’re right. I knew you would be, and I knew that I am yours forever.
And I am yours forever and ever.

The End




These are the two songs that are referenced in the title; So Far Gone by Thousand Foot Krutch and Afterglow by Nine Lashes. The first song is a good theme for the story while the last one is good for the ending theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment