Sunday, May 5, 2019

The Disease Killing Me is You: Chapter 1 – Infected with You



Chapter 1 – Infected with You
Ah! Where am I? I’m strapped to a bed in a dirty hospital room. There are flying roaches in the room that crawl around and come in through the holes in the walls. My head feels so light. I don’t remember what happened before I got here. I don’t remember much of anything in fact. What’s my name again? I think I see one of those papers that they use for patients over there on the wall near the door.
There are various sharp surgical instruments around me that are already bloody. I’m afraid to think about what they did to me if they already used it on me. I have to get out of here, now! I bite through the leather straps and manage to break them apart. I didn’t know my teeth were so strong, but they also feel weird when my lower teeth touch my upper. Once I’m free from the bed, I touch my teeth, and the bottom ones are sharper than my top ones. They’re so sharp that they feel like mini shark teeth. Did the people who took me here do this?
Where did my hair go and why is my skin is white? My body feels so ruff and looks weird. It’s so cold in here and these white patient pants. I have to find a way out of here fast before someone finds me, but first, my patient records. Hmm. The only thing on here is my name or…is this my name? My name is supposed to be, Bianco? I don’t have a last name it seems. There’s a page here for surgery plans and treatments done, but it just says that the basic surgery has already been done. Now I want to know more. What did they do to me?
I’m not sure if I want to stay to find out or just leave and have someone fix me. There’s no use staying in here, so I leave the room and find myself in a narrow hallway. The gurneys take up almost all the space when I walk past them. I’d hate to encounter something here. It’s like I’m walking in a closet. I see other people in other rooms, but they’re locked. The people in there are more restrained than I am with a muzzle on their face. It looks difficult to breathe in that. Maybe some of these people tried to escape and this is what happened to them. Now I really can’t afford to get caught. Wait…I hear someone calling!
It sounds like a girl. I go to the source of the sound and see a girl who is strapped to a bed. She looks like I do except with bandages covering her chest. There’s something familiar about her, but I can’t place my finger on why. She just seems like someone I know. Her room isn’t locked for some reason, so I instinctively go into the room and begin to unfree her.
“Thank you so much for freeing me!”
“You-”
“But now, you have to help me escape, and it’s not going to be in the way you think.”
She’s smiling at me in a weird way that I don’t like. She starts feeling my arms, chest, then face, which gives me a strange feeling. Part of me feels comfort while the other feels uncomfortable. Her hands are cold as if she doesn’t have any warmth in her body.
“What are you talking about?”
“We have to become one. I have to be a part of your body.”
“What? Why?”
“Because your body is the only pure one here. I know that everyone else here is infected and in need of treatment. There’s a system in place in this hospital that doesn’t allow unclean souls to leave here. I need to be a part of your body so I can leave.”
I push her away.
“You don’t need my body. I’ll help you find some other way to leave.”
“There is no other way.”
She’s climbing all over me now.
“Get off!”
I throw her off me and run out the door.
“You can’t escape from me!”
I run through the narrow hallway and try to find an exit, but every door is locked. The girl chasing me can climb on the walls, so the narrowness of the hallway benefits her. She touches me and grabs at me while I navigate the uncomfortable hallways while giggling.
“Such soft skin. Such a warm feeling. I must have you!”
“Stay away from me!”
I need something to defend myself with, so I run back to my room. Ack! She on my back again then crawls to my front and makes me collapse on the bed.
She says, “You are mine. Don’t deny it!”
“You don’t own me! Agh! Stop biting me!”
She’s bitten my neck and arms with her sharp teeth. They feel numb and weak now.
“Struggle again and I’ll impale your arms to the bed. Just relax. This will only take a minute.”
“What are you going to do?”
“We are going to be one.”
“No, stop!”
The girl then uses the syringe on her head to suck out what looks to be parts of her brain then injects it into the hole in my head. Her body then shrivels and fades into dust. My wounds are healed, and I don’t feel a scar or any residual pain from her bites. My head feels normal, so what happened? Did what she do fail? If it did, then it’s going to be a pain to get whatever blood or brain that she injected into my head.
Huh? What am I feeling now?
AHHHHHHH!
What was that screaming in my head?!
ARRRAAAGHHHHH!
The side and back of my body are expanding and changing. What’s going on?! It’s forming into that girl. So many thoughts and memories are pouring into my head. Are these hers? How is this even happening?
ARRRGGHH!!! Yes! Finally!
What did to me and how are our thoughts connected?
I’m part of you now, so we both can escape this asylum, but we have to be quick about it because the human body isn’t mean to be like this.
What do you mean?
Us being together like this will kill us if we don’t escape to safety.
That’s just great.
Don’t lie to yourself. There’s a part of you that wanted to save me. The memory as to why is hard to remember, but you know it’s there.
Why should I trust you?
You know all my thoughts. You know when I’m telling the truth and lying as I know yours. I know a little more than you do but not enough to give you a clear idea as to why we’re here.
My left arm is fused with your right arm and I can barely move it.
I think we can move it together if we both want it to. Let’s try it.
Woah!
It’s so strong that we punched a hole in the wall.
Wow. Can we do anything else?
I don’t have my legs. Let me have control of us. Come on, trust me. Here we go, we can climb the walls and ceiling when I’m in control, but I can’t control your legs to walk or run. It’s kind of weird but I think we can get used to it.
It’s just kind of weird? Do you even realize what’s happening?
What do you think or rather what do you think I think?
Don’t even phrase it like that. You just confuse me. Did someone just unlock and open a door in the hallway? I hear a dragging sound in the hallway.
There’s nowhere to run. We better be ready to fight.
I guess it’s our only option. Here it comes! It’s a person. A woman with a long body and long black hair with six arms and hands on the bottom of her surgeon’s dress.
Watch out. She has a surgical tool in each of her hands along with restraining chains.
She’s smiling at us for some reason. I think she’s giggling. What’s it with crazy people and giggling?
Hey! I’m not crazy.
“I’m so glad you managed to merge with Bianco, Bianca. The two of you were always inseparable, so it made sense that you would end up together like this.”
I said I’m not crazy.
Whatever, we’ll talk about it later. She’s talking to you. Say something.
“I get what you’re saying, but you knew I would merge with Bianco?”
“I told you how to and you told me you would do everything you could to do so. The determination in your face was so precious and cute. Your love for each other put my relationship to shame.”
“I barely remember you. Who are you?”
There’s something about her that’s familiar, but her appearance and my memory prevent me from remembering who she is.
“I’m Bianco’s mother. I know my appearance may shock you, but I had to do it to help you two continue living.”
She’s your mother? Your memories seem to want to think so.
I guess so.
“What’s going to happen to us now? Can you tell me everything about what’s going on?”
Hey, you used my mouth to talk, Bianco.
How did I do that? I guess I can if I imagine talking from your mouth.
“That’s interesting. My son’s voice came out of your mouth, Bianca. Does that mean that Bianco was talking, or did you manage to use his voice? There are so many things to test out on you.”
“What do you mean by that?”
“I’ll explain after the next surgery, but I’ll have to sedate you first. Give me your arm.”
“No! Explain everything to me first.”
“There’s no need to. You want to live longer, right? Then give me your body so we can mold it into that of an immortal being!”
“Stop! Get away from me!”
Let’s escape from her, Bianca. Hurry and crawl on the walls!
Okay!
“So you can crawl on walls? You two were always so athletic, but you better listen to your mother.”
Let’s get out of here! I keep throwing gurneys at her, but she keeps cutting through them.
What about the doors? Let’s rip one off then throw it at her.
Here we go.
“What strength just from one arm! You remind me of one of your favorite comic book heroes. I hope you’re not planning to use that on me, but then again, I’d love to experiment to see what my new body can do, so throw it at me if you want!”
“If you want it, then take it!”
She caught it and it pushed her back some, but she’s tearing it apart. Hurry through the exit!
I’m on it!
She’s really moving fast towards us now! Come on!
Shut the door on her and break the lock!
Right!
There we go. Now she can’t exit the door. This one appears to be stronger than the doors that held the other doors.
“I’ll get through this eventually and catch up to you two. That, or your father or your parents Bianca will get to you.”
Ignore her, Bianca. We must find a cure to our condition and a way out.
We can do it if we work together. Our memories are coming back to us now. We used to work together a lot. Do you think we can do it again?
You know what I think.
Then let’s do it.

The song that's referenced in the chapter title is Infected by Demon Hunter. I know I used it before in Biohazardous Affection, but it also works for this story and the song is great so here it is again. Plus, it's been a while since I last associated songs with my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment