Friday, May 17, 2019

A Mother and Her Shattering Son: Chapter 4 – Hunted for the Crime of Love

Chapter 4 – Hunted for the Crime of Love
Rosalia’s healing magic allows her to be mostly healed, however, it and the previous battles have exhausted her. She collapses from exhaustion, but she makes sure to have Rhodes on top of her, so she doesn’t suffocate him. Sensing his mother’s unconscious state, he cries out for help and receives it not long after. Rosalia is taken to a relief camp where victims of this violent war are taken to be healed and to be helped. She awakens in a bed just in time to overhear a conversation between two Flos.
“She’s definitely the Rosalia who married that Crystallis prince. Several people have confirmed it.”
“But is she everything the rumors say she is? The soldiers that carried her here said that she’s been sacrificing her life to save her son and that she gained the respect of the forest. How rare is that? Even our best mystics can’t manage that.”
“We have to keep her here. Even though she has her sympathizers, there are still people who want her dead, shattered into pieces then throw into fire.”
“What about her son?”
“They don’t care as much for him. There are some that say Flos and Crystallis relationships and their children are illicit, but this is a mindset that has only popped up recently.”
“We need to get her to the springs, or her boy is going to die. How are we going to proceed with this?”
“We aren’t that far from the main army camp near that location.”
“That doesn’t mean it’s going to be easy going through the crowds then going through the dead lands to get to the springs.”
“We’ll have to do something and quickly. We’ve healed her son, but that doesn’t mean that we’ve given him time we can waste.”
“Excuse me? Can I see Rosalia?”
“Who are you? Are you a relative or a friend? Hey, you can’t go in until-hey!”
A loud knock on the window close to Rosalia startles her. When she looks over, she sees a Flos civilian with a weapon.
He breaks the window and says, “Die you cursed woman!”
Rosalia dodges the man’s attacks as he enters the room as she says, “I didn’t do anything to you!”
“You were the final nail that started this war! My family is dead because of you! They died in Crystallis territory. Who knows what those cursed dolls did to their remains?”
Rosalia tries to cut the arms off her assailant to incapacitate him, but she accidentally cuts his head off as well. The man swings around violently while screaming out in bloody vengeance. Something shakes the building she’s in until it breaks into her room. It’s the black bull from before.
“Aren’t you a sweetie for always coming to my aid?” Rosalia says while petting it, “Now, come on. Let’s get out of here!”
Rosalia takes Rhodes and put him on his back with his shield protecting him as she gets on the back of the black bull. Several Flos attempt to shatter Rosalia by throwing spears, hammers, and swords at her.
“Kill that woman, but don’t hit the baby!”
“Cut the legs off the black bull first!”
The Flos then try to take down the black bull, but their weapons bounce off its thick skin. They then get on horseback and chase after Rosalia. She knocks them off their horses as she protects herself and her child from her assailants. The black bull swipes at them to shatter several off their horses.
“We can’t do anything! Pull back!”
“You’re under arrest!”
Rosalia looks back to see a few guards arresting the people who were attacking her. A guard waves at her and she waves back as a sign of thanks. Even Rhodes waves back with a smile.
“Okay, big guy. We need to get to the springs. Can you get us there?” Rosalia asks the black bull.
It smiles and snorts in response as it goes faster.
“Woah! Easier there! We don’t really have anything keeping us on you.”
The black bull wants to be careful but can’t because it senses danger ahead of them, so it charges ahead faster.
“Be careful! Are you trying to knock us off? What’s got you riled up?”
A barrage of various kinds of magical arrows comes raining down upon Rosalia. The black bull covers Rosalia as it turns over on its side to take the arrow barrage. A group of Crystallis assassins then appear out of the shadows.
“It seems like she came to us on her own. That’s good,” one of them says.
The barrage of arrows has temporarily incapacitated the black bull, which leaves Rosalia open for attack. Fortunately for her, the forest is on her side and a tree’s vines block the assassins’ attacks. It then comes to life and shatters her attackers and uses its healing magic on the black bull.
“Thank you,” Rosalia says to the forest as she gets back on top of the black bull.
She rides off to her destination, which should be close now.
She then says, “You heard it, my little prince. You’re the son of royalty and a peasant. The son of a Flos and Crystallis. I didn’t think our love would be the final thing to push our people into war because our love was pure, but that’s what happens when people hate each other. They use every excuse they can find to kill the people they don’t like. Don’t be like that, my little prince. Learn to love everyone around you. It doesn’t matter if they hate you. Always wish the best for the people around you because if you aren’t willing to love them then who will? Everyone makes mistakes, so be willing to forgive them and you will always be forgiven.”
The black bull then senses something and charges ahead. It takes Rosalia and Rhodes to a cliff where they see a large battle between Flos and Crystallis soldiers. Dozens of dolls are shattered while others suffer in pain as they’re carried out by their companions and healers.
“This fighting has to stop.”
The forest heeds Rosalia’s plea and moves to stop the fighting. Unfortunately, the fighting and suffering make nature violent as it fights back against those who fight its restraints. Even the black bull is itching to join the fight, but Rosalia calms it down by calmly rubbing the back of its neck.
“The forest might be in a rage, but since I have its respect then a song could calm it down. This song is for, my little prince.

I close my eyes and see
A world that's beautiful and filled with glee
Even in the dark and gloom
A place past all of the doom

Everyone has lost hope
They think I've lost my mind
But all they do is mope
Are they blind?
We can live in a better world of our dreams

Every day I push ahead
For the dreams in my head
The dreams that keep me awake
That keeps me going
To bring you a place to keep your love glowing

I'll build you a place
That is perfect for your smiling face
Each part of it is made to make you happy
For those gloomy days

Everyone has lost hope
They think I've lost my mind
But all they do is mope
Are they blind?
We can live in a better world of our dreams

Every day I push ahead
For the dreams in my head
The dreams that keep me awake
That keeps me going
To bring you a place to keep your love glowing

No matter how small
No matter how tall the obstacle
I will be with you through it all
Nothing will be impossible for you and me
To make the world I see in my dreams
To make the world I see in my dreams
Every day I push ahead
For the dreams in my head
The dreams that keep me awake
That keeps me going
To bring you a place to keep your love glowing

Together we'll make this world anew
Everything I do is for you
Know that our dreams will come true
Of The World I'll Give To You

I am going to make sure you live in a better world, my little prince. A world of happiness, love, and peace. It’s going to happen one day. Just you wait and see.”
The forest successful restrains both armies and transfers its calming feelings to the soldiers who retreat with their wounded and shattered brethren. Some even help their enemies gather their bearings. As Rosalia smiles, parts of her son start to fall. A branch from the forest heals him, but his condition has worsened.
“Don’t worry now, my little prince. We’re almost there.”
The black bull sprints at full speed to the springs, where a massive battle larger than this one is about to take place.


A Million Dreams from The Greatest Showman movie is the inspiration for this song/poem. Most of the songs (maybe all) are songs that my mom loves so maybe my brain is picking these songs because the story has to do with a mother and her son and the mother likes singing songs to her son like how my mom does.

No comments:

Post a Comment