Saturday, July 4, 2020

150th book content cont.

Some Behind the Story details for stories in my 150th book.


  • My Obsession - This takes a disturbing aspect of my stories with an older woman forcing a boy to love her in the most uncomfortable ways possible ending in an equally disturbing way. The cover style is trying to look like something you would normally see drawn and doesn't lend itself to my drawing strengths.
  • So I Thought - Taking the sweeter aspects of my stories, this normal story about a boy and girl falling in love with one another shows true love contrasted to false. This also shows how I can brighten things up after making them dark. The cover is a simpler style that I'm better at doing.
  • My Purpose Realized - Any person no matter how sinful they were can become a saint. This cover's design is inspired by album covers by Christian metal band known as Demon Hunter.
  • Counter-Revolution - The world is not your friend especially not when you take a good look at it. Just like Freedom at What Cost, this story has worldly problems, politics, and reminders that God is the one who you should truly be focusing on. The cover is inspired by the tribal tattoo designs I used to draw all the time.
  • The Darkest Part of Me - Inspired by the band, Red, this story goes back to the psychological horror stories I told and would fit in my Choice and Consequence series, which is my biggest one. The cover tries to take advantage of the ugliness that my work can sometimes have.
  • Memory Vision - I have lots of stories that are inspired by dreams that stick with me. In this one, I feared forgetting about God and how to correctly serve Him only to get the condition in this story. I tried to do something different with this cover with the multiple views of the main character in reality and from his viewpoint.
  • Choice and Consequence: Love and Fury - Speaking about Choice and Consequence stories from The Darkest Part of Me, this one comes in as an extra. I cut a lot of stories if I think I don't have enough for them and this was no different. It still doesn't have a lot, but this story brings us back to the characters from the first book I published to show how far I've come since then.
  • Villains are People too - This is a prologue for an upcoming story I had in mind. At first, I was going to make this story similar to Adventures Into the Forbidden in that it would be a series of tragedies of bad people trying to be good only to fall to their sinful behaviors with few surviving. I think a story about a good man falling to evil only to be redeemed when his friends fall to evil is a better story to tell.
Here are all eight covers if you haven't seen them in my cover gallery or on my social media accounts.









No comments:

Post a Comment