Friday, March 15, 2019

A Father and His Dying Daughter: Chapter 5 - A Father's Duty

Chapter 5 – A Father’s Duty
Without my cloak and my daughter on my back, I’m able to stand up straight and leap around the buildings. I watch as the knights find a healer. They enter into a hospital and leave a few of them outside to guard. I sneak past them and watch from outside a window. This is great for my daughter. She’s being healed by a professional healer. This woman is wearing a dress made of flowers and leaves. It’s like she’s a fairy godmother. I’ve never seen foliage except in the kingdom’s gardens and in art.
Now that my daughter is healed, it’s time to rescue her. Her skin is more colorful, and her eyes are more open. She’s expressive and calls out for me. Don’t worry, princess. Your knight is here. Before I can jump in the window, the knights leave the room. I go out to the front and take out their guards.
Once they exit the hospital, I say to them, “Let go of my daughter!”
My daughter calls out to me with her arms out as she struggles out of the commander’s arms.
The guards of the city become suspicious of the knights and say, “I thought you said this was your child?”
“It is. She belongs to the kingdom.” The rest of their forces converge on the hospital to save their friends. “We thank you for your services.”
The commander retreats with his protectors and my daughter as his forces clash with the city’s guards. They stand no chance because the city has better guards, so I chase after my daughter. The knights run through the crowded streets then retreat into one of the taller buildings of the city. They take a storage pulley up to the top floor. Fire starts to rain down from the stars and sun in the sky as I climb the castle. The city’s defenses manage to take out some of the fire bolts, but a number of them make it past. Once I get to the top, the commander’s four knights fan out and start to surround me.
He says, “This ends now, Cavallo. You can’t survive against us.”
“Don’t underestimate a father.”
The knights underestimate me because I fight with my fists and I manage to break their armor and weapons with my fists and kicks. I then knock them out and send them down the pulley.
“I won’t make the same mistake as those fools.”
“You’re already making one.”
I fight the commander and despite his fancy sword skills, he’s nothing without it when I break it in half. I then beat him down to the ground.
“Kill me already,” he says.
“No,” I tell him with a stern look in my eyes, “I’m not like you.”
“You’d wish you were.”
“Uck!”
He cut me open from my stomach up to my chest with the sword I broke in half. I knock out the commander then throw him aside. My daughter…my little princess…I have to hold her one last time. I crawl to her as the firestorm above the city gets worse. I’ve never seen it rain down fire this bad. I’ll protect my little princess with my body. That’ll be my last duty as her knight and father. She’s crying right now.
“It’s okay, little princess. I’m here and I’ll protect you to my last breath…”
As I breathe my last, the blood that comes out of my body becomes a cloak that enwraps my daughter and transforms her into a beautiful young woman. Eyes like the stars, hair-like purest purity, dress like rose petals, and a golden crown on top of her head that was made by her mother in Heaven.
She looks up to my soul as I ascend to the Heavens and says, “Thank you, father, for teaching, singing, protecting, and loving me. I love you.”
“I love you too, Aurora.”
Aurora steps off the building a walks on the air as if it was a staircase.
“I got this from you, father. I hope you like it.”
She then begins to dance and sing in midair, which slows down the fire bolts to almost a complete halt.

Let me sing you a song as the stars and sun bleed
Dance and be merry, but take heed

Purified, I become the aide of all
So that no one will die
None will fall

Coming with a gift of life
Wisdom abounding, cutting through the fire like a knife

The fire in the sky begin to blow up like fireworks in a festival. People below begin to dance and cheer for my princess.

Let me sing you a song as the stars and sun bleed
Angels rejoice as love is shared
Alleluia, yes, join me

Purified, I become the aide of all
So that no one will die
None will fall

Just look at was done
My father sacrificed his life
For his only love
This is the truest love given to all

Purified, I am the aide of all
So that no one will die
None will fall

All the firebolts in the sky are gone now. Aurora floats down to the ground and is praised by the people. She smiles and waves up to me. I’ve done it. This was my true purpose for coming here. Even though it seemed like something small, it became something bigger than the castles at the top of the world. Now that my duty is complete, I rejoin you, my queen to be by your side forever. Let us rejoice and pray for our daughter as she starts her new life.


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment