Sunday, December 9, 2018

Twisted, Demented, and Ready to Kill: Contestant 3 - The Woman Who Fell in Love with Death

Contestant 3 – Emma Hill – The Woman Who Fell in Love with Death
What kind of woman wouldn’t fall in love with a man who could do the impossible? A man who was strong, charming, and intelligent. This man, of course, was John Doe or the Dying Joke, as he liked to be called. I was just a poor girl who was barely getting by in the world. The damn governments in the world thought they were doing the world a favor by letting William have his contests, but they only condemned innocent people to die. They couldn’t give them a quicker and less painful way to die and instead made them starve and lose hope in their impending journey into the afterlife.
John was the only one who did anything about the situation we were in. Everyone else who won High Octane either helped themselves, helped the world in a small way or got screwed by attempting. The clown god of death did what no one could do and used his wish to end the world. I was the leader of his cult in the mid-west of America. We were about to welcome death with open arms when suddenly, the world stopped ending. Another winner was announced, and he wished for the world to be saved. Most people call him a hero, but my cult and I know the truth.
Ten members of the cult and I are going into High Octane with the goal of finding John so he can lead us to the world of death he wants. Sure, we could wish for the end of the world like he did, but it’s not the same without him. We know he couldn’t have died when he was defeated by that man on the motorcycle. He is a god after all. He’s also the man I love. When I meet him, I’m going to get him to love me then we’ll get married. I can see it already. I’m already prepared for it with a wedding dress covered in the blood of my victims and a beautiful mask that perfectly adds to my natural beauty.
My tool of destruction is an armored Rolls Royce Wraith with two machine guns on it with a small stock of missiles. I have four other devoted girls with me who are armed to the teeth with guns and explosives and ready to die for the cause with explosives strapped to their chest. I’m the only one who doesn’t have any explosives, but one of them will take over should I be killed during the battle. With our numbers, victory is all but assured to us. Watch over us from Heaven John. Watch over us as we make you proud.
As we roll up to William’s ship, we find another group of five people there already waiting in their cages. They all have motorcycles and wear similar clothes to the last winner. None of them saying anything to us and just show us their middle fingers. I’m not concerned about them. They’ll be dead soon enough. Once we get into our cages, the blimp takes off.
Four monitors descend from the top of the inside of the blimp that shows William’s burned smiling face.
He says, “Welcome to High Octane. After the last contest, it isn’t a surprise to you two groups of people here. One inspired by a hero and another that worships a madman. Despite the differences in beliefs, you are both willing to die to honor the winners who shook the world. We’ll see who’s going to win and who will obtain their heart’s desires. Good luck.”
The door beneath our cages releases us into the Killing Zone below. The battleground is an old amusement park. It’s amazing that it’s still standing, but the earth being put back together must’ve weakened its rides. We could probably use that to our advantage. I wonder how the group in motorcycles are going to get down. The height alone would destroy a normal car. Oh, that’s how. They’re using gliders to make their way down. Since they’re moving slower, they’re able to shoot at us while descending. Two of us get shot out of the sky. As soon as we land, we try fighting back, but we can barely land a shot because they’re so small in the sky and they fly so fast. That, and none of us are expert shooters. We’re just normal people who are inspired by a god.
Two more of us are killed, but we manage to get one of them. Before landing, the last four riders drop a barrage of explosives on us, killing another three. Our heavy vehicles are gone, which just leaves people like me in our normal armored cars. Now that the motorcycles are on the ground, we’re on an even playing field. We started with an advantage, but now it’s three to four.
The last of us get serious as we fire at those who dare to follow a villain who disgraced our hero. We manage to kill another, but they’re too slippery and the explosives they drop throw our aim off. We’re passing by the rides and get an idea, so I point at it and the girls shoot at it. The rollercoaster collapses all around them. They struggle to dodge the debris from the large ride that must’ve been fun to ride years ago. I wonder if John will go on one with me once we meet each other. That moment can’t come soon enough.
I can hear one of the cyclists getting crushed. One manages to escape the wreckage, but one of us runs them over. Since I’m the leader of the cult group, the last two of our allies self-destruct to allow me to continue. The sirens go off in the park as an announcement is made.
“I hope you still have some fight left in you because the winner of last year’s High Octane is here to test your mettle! Welcome back, Mason Smith!”
I see the man who squandered my love’s dream arriving in the distance.
We can hear him talking through the speakers. “I was hoping one of the cyclists would win, but you of all people had to survive. There’s no way I’m letting you win.”
We’ll see about that. I begin to execute our plan as I let another girl drive for me. By the time he gets close, he doesn’t notice. To try to end this quickly, a girl gets on the roof of the car and jumps at him in an attempt to kill herself with him, but the explosion doesn’t kill him for some reason. William must’ve done something to him to give him some kind of protection against instant death. Even though we manage to get a couple of shots on him, his cycle is damaged and he’s a bit roughed up, but nothing too serious. The man’s speed to evade the girl’s attacks is astonishing. No wonder why John had so much trouble with him.
He throws one of his sickles at a girl who’s shooting at him and sticks her in the face. The ensuing explosion takes out half of the car. The girls still fight with everything they got. One of them jumps out to try to blow herself up, but the cyclist kills her before she can blow up. He then unloads his grenade launcher to blow up the car.
After the flames of the car settle, he looks around just in time to catch the rocket from my launcher in the face. I got out of the car and got to a safe spot to launch this surprise attack from. Everyone should have a rocket launcher in their car for a scenario like this. Now that he’s destroyed, William comes down in his helicopter.
He smiles as he shakes my hand. “That was a smart idea, Ms. Hill. I’m sure John would be proud.”
“Yes, me too! I’d love to be with him.”
“Unfortunately for the both of us, he has left this world. The real him died during the last tournament and he is currently burning in Hell.”
“That’s awful! He doesn’t deserve that fate!”
“It’s a tragedy, I know, but you can do something about it.”
“Yes! I wish him back to life!”
“Your wish is…granted!”
William heads back to his blimp as the earth shakes and screams ring out from it. The ground splits in two as fire bursts out of it. Dark spirits pour out of the ground as a singular spirit regains its flesh and clothes. It’s John in all of his glory! Actually…I think he looks even better now. His eyes are darker and glow yellow. His outfit has a mix of dark pink and jet black. Hell seems to have made him into a better man.
I go up to and bow before saying, “My lord, I am so glad that I finally get to meet you!”
John looks strangely at me before saying, “So, you’re one of the crazy cultists that worship me as a god. Bad news for you kid, I’m not a god, but I do like the benefits of being worshiped as one. What’s your name?”
“Emma Hill.”
“That’s a pretty plain name, but pretty nonetheless.”
“You’re too kind. Umm…If you don’t mind me asking…ummm.”
“Spit it out if you have something on your mind.”
“Will-can you marry me? Can we be in a relationship? I did save you from Hell.”
“Haha! I’m sorry for laughing, but sure, why not? The man is supposed to ask, so I’ll ask you instead.” He kneels with his arms out. “Will you marry me, my bloody bride of destruction?”
“Yes, I do!”
I run into his arms and embrace each other. Today is the happiest day of my life. I’m dressed in a dark pink and black outfit like his on the day of our marriage. Together, we’ll release everyone in this world from the curse of life. Nothing will stop us. Nothing will stop our invincible love.

What's a car competition without the song Fuel by Metallica?

No comments:

Post a Comment