Thursday, December 6, 2018

Twisted, Demented, and Ready to Kill: Contestant 2 - The Lone Rider Against All Odds


Contestant 2 – Mason Smith – The Lone Rider Against All Odds
The world is ending because of that damn clown and I was beginning to have a normal life. This all started when the governments of the world deemed certain cities to be Killing Zones for a devilish man simply known as William and his bloody contest. They say the devil himself threatened to take away their friends and family from them and also everyone the friends and family knew and so on and so forth. We’ll never know if the devil was lying or if they just made the excuse up to take away some of the guilt from their actions. I swear this was part of the devil’s plan if what they said was true.
Parts of the ground levitate up in the air while others have fallen to the molten center of the earth. Few places are safe to inhabit including the city I live in. When the apocalypse started, William announced the winner then all of this happened in the blink of an eye. My wife and soon to be born child died in the chaos and I was left with no one left to care for in this world. The only thing that I have to remember them by is my motorcycle that my wife and I took long rides on when we were younger. Everyone in the world is now trying to either get by on scraps, killing each other or killing themselves. I seem to be the only sane person left on this world who is looking for a solution to our problems.
William has the nerve to keep his contest going for one last time, so I’m going to enter it and wish for the world to be restored. I’m only allowed one wish so this one will have to do. I wish I could wish for the world to be filled with better people, but I doubt William would grant that. My motorcycle is now outfitted with machine guns and missiles in the sidecar with a special ability to it that allows blades to come out from the wheels to take out the wheels of my opponents. I also have a grenade launcher strapped to my back and a bag full of grenades and other explosives that are tied to sickles so they can stick to cars. My vehicle may offer me no protection at all, but there are few that are operable in this world now and I don’t know any car mechanics that would fix one up for me. This is all I have. I hope that my wife and child will pray for me to grant me protection.
While going to the pickup area, I notice that most of the fifteen contestants are cultists that worship that clown as some kind of god. After the earth was torn apart, some crazy people decided to worship the clown as a god because of what he did. At least I won’t have to feel too guilty about killing them. Everyone else here doesn’t seem too nice either. Some don’t even act like the world is ending. Whatever the case may be. I have to win.
We go into our cages and are lifted up into the blimp above. Four monitors descend from the ceiling of the blimp and William shows his smug face.
He says, “Welcome to High Octane. This may be the last one ever depending on what the winner wishes, so make this one the best there ever was! Win and you will have whatever your heart desires. Good luck.”
The doors below our cages drop us back down to the earth. I land on a nearby floating piece of land then go from piece to piece to make my way down to the battlefield. Four contestants aren’t lucky or smart as they fall past all of the floating lands and fall into the earth’s core. At least that’s some of them out of my hair. With each death, the land shifts slightly as if reacting to them. Unfortunately, all of the cultists have survived. One tries landing on me, but I move out of the way in time. They then fall into the earth’s core. Good riddance.
I’m almost to the main city Killing Zone, which appears to have been a suburban town. All of it is wreckage and burning fires so no one not involved with the contest should be alive down there. Watching from a distance, I can see that the cultists have teamed up with one another to kill the remaining contenders who aren’t them. That ain’t fair at all, but now, they’re talking to one another. One by one they kill themselves by driving off into the earth’s core. They must be selecting who is worthy to face the clown and receive their wish. Whatever they want can’t be good, so I have to eliminate them myself. I could wait for there to be one left, but where’s the fun in that? Great, now I sound like a psycho.
There are seven cultists left as I make it into the suburban town. They notice me and rush me in an attempt to quickly take me down. There isn’t much cover here, so I’ll have to always be dodging their bullets and missiles. I drop a few grenades and mines behind me, which takes out three of the cultists. The other four split off, but I manage to stick one with a grenade that blows them off the land. Three more left. One gets in front of me to slow me down while the other two try to crush me.
To counter this, I use my motorcycle’s special ability to give me some space. I then break and use my missiles and machine guns to destroy at least one of them, the others are more armored. Neither cars have mirrors to look behind them, so this is my chance to get some distance from them. Where to go, where to…Ah! I go up a hill and follow them until they come to a stop. While they’re looking around with their binoculars, I unload my grenade launcher while throwing a couple more grenades to make sure they die. As soon as they recognize the grenades at their feet, it’s too late for them. Okay, I might’ve overdone it with the explosives with how big the explosion is. It’s like a fireworks display. My explosives even manage to take out some of the land. That should be all of them.
A siren sounds off in the town as an announcement comes from them. “I hope you still have some fight left in you because the winner of last year’s High Octane is here to test your mettle! Welcome back, John Doe!”
What the hell? I see a flying ice cream truck flying towards the town. That must be him.
“You must want to die faster than the rest if you’re here to face me,” I can hear the clown saying from the speakers in town.
He must be the real one and not one of William’s creations if he’s making an intro. William’s creations don’t do that.
“Come and be rewarded with a quick and painful death,” the clown says.
I show him both of my middle fingers to show him my appreciation for his “reward”. I’m sort of glad that this isn’t a clone so I can kill the psycho that started the end of the world and killed my family. The clown launches a barrage of missiles and machine gun fire at me. There’s no way I can hurt him from here with my weapons, so I evade him for now while I look for an opening and hope that he comes down here.
I’m not going to lose now that my wish is so close. That damn clown has to be close to running out of ammo by now. He’s been firing at me non-stop for two minutes so far. Fucker almost got me! I got to find some way of getting to him or bringing him down to me. Aha! I’ll draw him closer to the hills then drive off and fire from there. It’s a bit risky since most of my cover is gone, but it’s my only option.
Come on, come on! This pressure doesn’t scare me! I’m going to get you now you son of a bitch! Here I go! Now I can get at him! I launch all of my missiles at him and toss a couple grenades while I’m at it. This heavily damages his robot making it crash to the ground. After flying in the air, I manage to land in the rubble of a building that breaks my fall.
Is he dead? The roaring of an engine denies this. From a distance, I can see the flaming cone on his truck screaming as if it has his soul in it. This is fine. I didn’t have my fill of killing you yet. I use my vehicle’s size and maneuverability to dodge whatever he throws at me as I return fire. My sidecar is shot off, so all I have left are three sickle grenades. One misses and another one throws him off. I say a quick prayer as I lobe the last grenade in a Hail Mary throw.
Yes! I got him! The clown’s truck explodes in an explosion so huge that the ground is destroyed beneath him, sending him down to the earth’s core. A burning place similar to where he will be spending all of eternity in. William descends from a helicopter with a group of armored guards.
He steps forward to me with a smile and his hand out.
I cautiously shake it as he says, “Congratulations, Mr. Smith. You’ve won, now tell me, what is your pure heart’s desire?”
“I wish for the world to be restored to the way it was before, so it isn’t destroyed.”
“Is that really what you want? I’m sensing other desires like having your family brought back to life. What about the salvation of lost souls? I’m sure people will continue to kill and damn themselves eternally if you just simply fix the world with your wish.”
“That’s right-but no.”
“Are you sure of your wish?”
“Yes, and that’s final.”
“Fine, have it your way. Your wish is…granted.”
The world around us repairs and puts itself together as William flies back to his blimp. Things aren’t perfect, but at least humanity will survive. I’ll have to keep fighting in William’s tournaments as the final threat to the last contender. I’m fine with that. As long as I can keep the crazy people away from obtaining their wishes, I’ll be fine. Despite being completely different from the clown, I guess I’ll have to be a killer too, but at least I’ll be killing for a good cause. God have mercy and protect me.

Ace of Spades by Motorhead is a great driving song along with the previous one from the last chapter. These songs don't have anything to do with the characters. They're a sort of soundtrack/battle theme that I imagine the drivers listening to while fighting in the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment