Saturday, December 29, 2018

Always One Step Away from Hell: Chapter 1 - Lechery


Chapter 1 – Lechery
It’s just another day. Nothing special. I clean the house, the yard, clothes, and everything else my husband and I own. My husband or my knight, I should say, is out fighting battles on behalf of God. He was never one for fighting, so I guess his calling is true. The Church is the only way I’m able to have this house and food on the table. In return, I act like a good Catholic wife and help the community if needed.
My life right now is rather drab. My knight left a few days after our wedding, so I don’t even have any children to raise, unlike my sisters and friends. I don’t even know if my husband will come back from the war. To give my life a little bit more spice, I’ve written short stories for the children I’ll hopefully get. I’ve also been practicing my drawing skills, so my husband has nice pictures and decorations to see when he comes home. Maybe the other people will see the drawings when I draw them outside and keep me company. We’re all friendly around here, but not exactly friends. I wish we were. It’s so lonely.
But it doesn’t have to be. There are some good men out there who could take care of me. My knight won’t know if I’m smart about it.
No, that’s a terrible thought. Did I really just think that? I hope not. This mundane life is getting my imagination going.  Sweep, dust, cut, wash, yadda, yadda. Sometimes I like to think I’m a princess in the making like those fairytales. I have my knight. All I need to do is make this humble home into a small castle.
I can do it with the right men. I’m sure they’ll do it for a young woman like myself. My looks got me married, so I’m sure they’ll get some men to work for me, especially if I flash a little skin at them.
Again, with these thoughts. I swear I’m not thinking of them myself. Maybe if I rest a bit outside of this dusty house, I can clear my head. The porch outside is one of the only things I’ve completely cleaned. I wonder what’s it’s going to be like outside here when I get kids. We have enough space out front for the kids to play without them getting in the way of people walking.
There are plenty of men out there who could give us wonderful children. There are rich, muscular, and hardworking men that walk these streets.
What’s going on? What’s with the look in their face? There’s something about them that makes them seem so…attractive. How can I smell them from here when they’re so far away? That masculine smell is intoxicating.
Why don’t you ask one of them out?
N-no. My life is fine with just one man in my life.
One man who might end up dead. Why not have one on standby just in case?
Hold on. Why are they walking towards me? What’s with the look on their faces?
They want you, Anita. Who doesn’t want an attractive housewife who’s good at taking care of her house? Look at them. Stare into the bright red light of their eyes and take their hands.
I…I’m going inside. I still have a few more things I want to do. What was that voice in my head? It sounded like me, but it said my name? Am I possessed or something? Holy Mary Mother of God pray for me a sinner and help me suffer through these temptations I’ve been given. I just have to get my mind off of it. Maybe I can read a book or two. Aaah! They’re coming in.
“Let us clean for you, Anita.”
“A princess in rags is no princess at all. Let us get you something wonderful to dress in.”
“Beautiful woman, who is confined to her house, let us ease your burdens.”
“Thank you for your concern, but I don’t need your help-hey! Let me down! Where are you taking me?! Aaaaaah!”
I manage to fall off them as they carried me, but I fell a long distance and now I’m in this town of arms? Why’s it so dark all of the sudden? The buildings, ground, and faceless people are made up of arms. I can feel them touching my feet as I walk over them. They feel so wrong but so right-stop! This is wrong! Who is that flying over here? Is that me? No, it isn’t, but she looks like me. Her eyes are angled strangely, and her long thick brown hair is the only thing covering her body.
“Do you feel them, Anita? They want you to embrace them.”
“You’re that voice I heard in my head! I have to mentally pray you away.”
“That’s not going to do anything. I always come back. Maybe it’s God’s will for you to embrace your desires.”
“No, He doesn’t!”
“How do you know what the will of God is? Oh, by all means, keep praying. It’s clearly helping you.”
The hands in the ground have me stuck in place! I can’t free myself from them.
“Get away from me!”
“These people made of hands only want to please you. Let them.”
“I won’t!”
I can’t break away from their arms! There’s too many of them.
“You’re a lonely housewife who wants her husband to come home to pleasure her. Why not do the job yourself or get someone else to do it?”
“I can wait for him to come home. I can!”
“Can you truly wait for him? Your resistance is fading. Your mind is numbing, and your control is fading. How long can you last?”
Fatigue is setting in. I’m so tired of not having any kind of meaningful relief in my life. All I get are small doses of fun and relaxation, but then I get back to my boring life. I need…I need…I need to…stay faithful. One mortal sin of being unfaithful to God and my husband can rightfully send my soul to Hell. I can already feel the heat from the Netherworld cooking my skin. My body is already so close to it that the demons are reaching out from it and use the tips of their fingers to scratch my face. I won’t let them have me!
“Until my death!”
I can feel my strength coming back to me. Yes! I can finally break through. I can get up-
“Ow!”
I hit my head on a cabinet. I must’ve fallen asleep while working. It looks like I slept through the night. Even though I slept in an uncomfortable place, I feel fine, but what was that dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment