Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Twisted, Demented, and Ready to Kill: Contestant 4 - A Pure Love Against a Perverse Love

Contestant 4 – Avery Young & Oliver Ross – A Pure Love Against a Perverse Love
Avery and I are just two car mechanics in a post-apocalyptic world. We tried keeping to ourselves by making and repairing cars especially cars for the people who competed in High Octane. A good number of cars we fixed won the competition and made their wishes, some of which were good and bad. After John won the competition and the world went to Hell, we had given up on living till we died, but then Mason saved the world. His recent death was a shame.
What’s also a shame is John. We used to know him before he went psycho. He was a real stand-up guy. When he was sane, he used to help people in need and those close to him even though he didn’t have much. He always found a way to smile or laugh at life, but when his wife and kid died, life seemed to lose all meaning to him. I tried comforting him and reassuring him that things will be alright, however, he thought that life was playing a big joke on him. This is when he snapped and started his killing spree.
His revival because of that crazy lazy has the entire world on edge since this means the two previous winners could inspire others to wish for the destruction of the world again. The number of cult members has significantly increased ever since his revival and so have the number of murders. A lot of people are losing hope again especially since the two are driving a new vehicle that’s deadlier than the last. I’m surprised you remembered our original designs John because Avery and I are going to destroy you with our original design.
Both of our cars are combined to form one supercar that has machine guns and a small stock of missiles. My side has a flamethrower turret on the hood while Avery has a turret with bullets that could shoot down a plane. If this isn’t enough, we have mines that we made ourselves. I also have my trusty magnum revolver while Avery has her desert eagle. A special feature of the car is that we can both drive the car from our seats, but we have to spin then release control in order for the other to drive. We also have another emergency feature that I hope we don’t use because it’s still finicky if it wants to work or not. With our arsenal, the only thing that could stand in our way is John, his new wife, and his cult.
We bring along a few people with cars we helped upgrade. When we get to William’s blimp, we see that John is hyping up his gang. Their vehicles consist of ice cream trucks, small compact cars, and pickup trucks. It’s four against eleven, but I think we can still beat them. Those people on motorcycles who followed Mason’s example managed to do a lot of damage to John’s cultists before they were taken out. We won’t make the same mistakes because we have better weapons, cars, and we’ve learned from them.
Since I know John can’t hurt me, I call out to him. “Hey, John!”
“Oliver! Avery! It’s been forever since we last saw each other. I think I remember telling you that if I saw either of you again then I wouldn’t hesitate to cut you down.”
“I’m sorry for what to you, John. I still am ever since it happened.”
“What are you going to do to make up for it? Help me achieve my dream of a world full of death?”
Avery says, “No, we’re going to put you down like the monster you are. We gave you all the support we could give you, but you don’t deserve mercy or any kind of help after killing so many people.”
“Consider this as our way of helping you. I’m sure your sufferings in Hell are going to be worse when we send you back there,” I add.
“Hahaha. Is this how friends are supposed to act? What about mercy and love?”
“You’re set on killing everyone on earth. You don’t deserve mercy.”
“You’re right. I guess you do know me.”
“We always have, John. I hope this was worth it for you.”
“Oh, trust me…it was.”
With nothing left to say, everyone gets into their cages and William’s blimp takes us off to our destination. His face comes on the monitors in the blimp. I can never get over his ugly grinning face. It’s like I’m staring at the devil himself.
He says, “Welcome to High Octane. Isn’t this a great reunion for a memorable battle? Two old friends with their own little groups ready to fight to the death with the fate of the world hanging in the balance. Will the world be destroyed or saved again? Good luck to both of you.”
We’re dropped to the battleground below. It’s a junkyard of cars from the previous battles. Because of our versatile cars, we’re able to control our falling speed and we shoot down a couple of John’s boys before they land. This time they have turrets on top of their cars to shoot above them-damn it! One of us got hit and exposed our secret ability. Our car and the car of our friends have two drivers. The cars themselves can separate into two miniature cars that aren’t very sturdy, but they are faster apart than together. They can also reattach if need be. This takes away from the surprise of our attack though it doesn’t change anything. We quickly land to the ground and separate the group.
Because they still have the advantage of numbers, two of them try double teaming us on a narrow road. These clowns must be dumber in the head than I thought. Avery takes care of the one behind us while I blow up the one in front. A truck comes out of nowhere to hit us from the side to spin us out of control while another one joins in on the attack. I swear John must’ve told them to concentrate on us for some kind of extra reward. This would be bad if we had a normal car. Instead, it’s bad for them as Avery takes control of the car and I light up my flamethrower.
“I’ll burn them to Hell and you’ll blow’em to it!” I say as we switch control.
“With pleasure!”
Neither truck can handle our firepower and blow up. With our success rate, our friends should be doing fine, but when we get to a more open area, we find all of our friends’ cars destroyed. Apparently, John’s followers also have transforming cars. Our friends managed to do some damage to them and leave the rest to us before they were destroyed. They’re still tough to bring down as one shoots at us from above while the other two chase us and try to break our car with their hands. It’s three versus one now, but I think we still got this.
Avery distracts them with her guns while I toss a bag full of grenades on the ground. This distraction costs them their mechs legs, which allows us to finish them off. Avery takes control as I fry them while trying to get up. She then finishes the one in the air with homing missiles. That’s it. Now, where’s John and his crazy bitch?
Sirens go off in the junkyard as I hear the jingle of John’s truck approaching. An announcement is made, “I hope you still have some fight left in you because the winner of the last High Octane is here to test your mettle! Welcome back, Emma Hill and special guest, John Doe!”
I see the two approaching in a singular huge ice cream truck that’s more like a monster truck.
John says from the speakers, “I was hoping one of my boys or girls would win, but this is unfortunate. Oh well, I have enough cannon fodder. One of them will eventually win the contest for us.”
I yell at John, “Don’t be so sure of your victory you son of a bitch!”
“Don’t call my husband that you creep!”
“Don’t call my husband a creep you freak!”
“Enough talking. Let’s just put him in the ground, Avery.”
“You got it, babe.”
I take control of the car and launch a barrage of missiles and gunfire at John. Most of it manages to hit, but his truck is mostly undamaged.
“It’s a great thing, ain’t it?” John says, “Metal forged from the fires of Hell is some of the best around!”
The car’s defenses are too strong for us to get through. Even though we are faster than him and land all of our attacks, we can only scratch his monster truck.
“Oliver, do you see that? They only have grating for windows. If we can launch ourselves up to them, we can shoot them through it.”
“But how are we going to manage that?”
“We could make some of the wreckage collapse on him. There’s a lot near that dirt hill we could use.”
“This is one of the reasons why I love you.”
“Tell me more about it when we win.”
I drive to the pile of cars and manage to trap John’s truck in the wreckage. We then drive off the dirt ramp to use our only shot against John. Time seems to slow down as this is going on. I pull out my trusty revolver and unload it at John as we fly past his window. Avery unloads her gun as well to take her piece of revenge. We crash and roll a couple times as we land since we hit a couple broken cars on the way down. At least our car is undamaged, and we don’t need to flip it once it stops moving.
“Is it over? Did we do it?” I ask as everything seems silent.
John’s voice breaks the silence. “You had to go and do it, didn’t you? You’re lucky that my wife is imbued with the same endurance as me or else we would’ve died from your stupid magnums. Now, it’s time to stop clowning around.”
Really John? His monster truck transforms into a large demon clown robot armed with missiles, guns, and flamethrowers. This is something I thought would never think to see in my life, but there are a lot of unbelievable things nowadays, so this shouldn’t surprise me. I drive away as John begins his attack by launching cars at us. We use our car’s special ability and split apart.
“What are we going to do now?” Avery asks me over the radio.
“Uhhh, oh! There’s a large truck shedder here we could crush them in. It should destroy him!”
“I’ll distract him while you get that shredder going!”
“Right. Good luck. I love you.”
“Love you too.”
Avery draws John’s attention while I quickly drive to the shredder. Once I get there, I exit my car and start up the shredder. Thankfully, the arm that can pick up trucks and cars still works.
I use my radio to tell Avery, “I’m ready. Bring them over here.”
“Be right over!”
Avery drives over with John right on her heels. Once he gets over to the shredder, I use the arm to catch John’s robot by the chest. His robot is a tight fit, but it goes in the shredder. He tries fighting it, but Avery shoots away his arms to prevent him from escaping. This is it! It’s destroying his robot!
“That’s right, go back to Hell!” I can hear Avery yelling over the radio.
Finally, his truck is shredded until it blows up. I run outside to hug and kiss Avery.
“We did it,” I say to her.
“Do you doubt we would?”
William comes down from his blimp with a somewhat disappointed look on his smiling face.
“Congratulations you two! You’ve beaten the odds and won my contest. Now, what is your hearts’ desire?”
I tell him, “I wish John’s influence on the world completely disappears. This means that all of the destruction he caused is repaired, the people he killed are brought back to life, and the death cult he started and the people he’s had an impact on forget about him.”
“As you wish but remember that people need to learn from history. If people forget about John, then a similar person might end up taking his place. Are you sure you want that as part of your wish?”
“I do.”
“Have it your way. Your wish is…granted.”
William flies away and…what did we wish for again? It must’ve been something good because the town we live in is more peaceful. I’m glad I installed ejector seats in our friends’ cars. William didn’t even notice that they survived the destruction of their cars. Who says you can’t fool the devil? Our friends managed to hide and survive the last battle, so everyone goes home safe and sound.
It’s back to being the nice place it used to be back when the government didn’t allow William’s tournament. With the contest out of the way, for now, Avery and I settle down and start a family that we’ve always wanted to. William’s contest made us afraid to bring kids into the world, but we aren’t afraid anymore. Avery says she wants at least three kids, but I’m fine with one, however, she can be a bit…pushy sometimes. This is one of the reasons why I love her.


High energy rock songs like Adrenaline by Shinedown fit this story like a glove. I wish I remembered all of the songs like this that are from the racing games I used to play like Burnout.

No comments:

Post a Comment