Sunday, July 22, 2018

Omnidirectional Chapter 3 - A One Woman War

Chapter 3 – A One Woman War
Joanna wakes up in a dark room where there is no light at all. She’s chained from head to toe to a stone chair that she can’t break herself out from.
She can still talk and says, “Hello?! Why did you do this to me?! Why am I here?!””
“You’re a danger to our alliance of kingdoms.”
“Anarchy…I’m not going to do what you want. You can’t keep me here for long! The war is almost over.”
“The war is almost over yes. Almost over because a random girl showed up out of nowhere, put her hands out at our galaxies, and made them into furnaces.”
“What are you going to do to me then? Keep me down here forever? Send me to your version of Hell?”
“If I wanted to do that, I would’ve already. You’re going to do what I say-”
“Never!”
With her hands out behind her, she lights a person on fire and the wall, which lights the entire room on fire. Joanna can now see everything in the room and the leader. She’s a girl like her except with her own unique look. She has dark pink hair and a light blue dancer’s dress similar to Sarai’s, but a bit different with the same bangles. In her left eye, she has a blue tear-shaped stone and blue eye with a golden spade in it. Lastly, she has a red V-shaped choker on her neck. Even though she was a bit afraid, the queen was also impressed.
“Who are you?” Joanna says as people scramble to put out the fires she started.
“My name is Miriam. I’m the leader of the alliance called The Anarchy, but I’m sure you already knew that.”
“Let me go before I burn everything in here! I’m not afraid of burning this entire galaxy down around me.”
Everyone in the room panics and leaves the room except for Miriam as the building burns down around them.
“You might be fearless enough to do that but consider this first. Do you really think you know everything about the war? Do you think that you’re on the right side of the conflict? Sarai has you turning galaxies into furnaces and hasn’t put the fire out because we’re still at war. You already know she’s going to put all of the opposing forces in her Hell, so they might as well burn from now until eternity.”
“It still doesn’t make what you’re doing right. You’re the greater evil.”
“But we’re not as controlling as the Sovereign. If we won the war, we wouldn’t send the opposing side to our Hells. Sure, we would humiliate them for a week, but after that, you’d be free to live. This dimension gives us unlimited freedom and that means everyone should be as free as they want to. The Sovereign want to control everything here with their rules and regulations. Don’t you think they’re worse than us?”
“It’s more like you’re the devils and they’re false gods.”
“What’s the difference?”
“I’m not going to serve either of you.”
“That’s the way things should be here. No servitude, no rules.”
“But that is a rule.”
“A simple rule that no one has to follow.”
“And this is the result of that.”
“It wouldn’t be this way if the Sovereign just played kings and queens with themselves.”
“There’s no right side in this conflict. I never even wanted to be here! This dimension, this responsibility, this freedom, I never wanted any of it!”
“Of course you did. That’s why you rebelled against your parents and the world just like every single one of us did.”
“I didn’t know what I was doing. It was an accident!”
“But you still did something they didn’t want you to do. Something that you weren’t supposed to. Face it. You belong here.”
“Liar! You don’t understand!”
The building falls down around them and breaks Joanna’s chains. Miriam manages to escape. She calls her forces together to find Joanna who’s digging her way through the planet to the other side. Her body allows her to dig quickly through the center of the planet until she reaches the other side. Miriam’s troops on the other side of the planet see Joanna come out of the planet. They flee to report it to their superiors because they are fearful that they can’t put down Joanna by themselves. Joanna quickly flies out of the planet and tries to reach the exit of the galaxy, but she is cut off by Miriam’s army. They surround her and are about to take her in before Miriam gets in front of them.
She says to Joanna, “Give up Joanna. Lend us your power and we will make your life better than paradise.”
“No!” Joanna hastily says before puts her hands out and burns the entire galaxy.
Even though she is caught in the middle of the fire, she barely feels anything. She felt a little singe at the start of the fire, but now she can barely feel the heat unlike everyone else who burns in agony. Joanna flies to the exit of the galaxy as it opens for her and closes when she’s out. A revelation comes to her mind as to why she didn’t burn. She’s not like the other kings and queens in this dimension. She’s neither a riot causing rebel nor an overly controlling tyrant. The thing that separates her from the rest is that she’s pure compared to them.
Wanting to end the war her way, she goes to the other Anarchy controlled galaxies and lights them all on fire. After that, she lights all of the Sovereign galaxies as well. The Sovereign try to fight back against her, but her flames are unstoppable. Once all of the allied kingdoms are set ablaze, Joanna moves onto the independent kingdoms, which there only a few of. She thinks that these other kingdoms are also to blame for the unending war between Anarchy and the Sovereigns because they chose to do nothing. Next, she tries to get to the other universes, but the barrier cannot be broken even with her fire nor can her fire bypass it, so Joanna goes back to her kingdom and burns it as well. Now, she sits on the barrier of her kingdom wondering what to do next.
She says to herself, “How did I turn into this pyromaniac? Am I supposed to be here? Was I supposed to do this? Was it the will of God or the devil?”
The emptiness of the universe answers her back in silence, so she rests her eyes for a few moments.
“Hello!” a female says.
Joanna opens her eyes and sees a woman who looks much similar to her than any of the other people she’s seen. The young woman wears a long shoulderless green dress that seems crystal-like and long brown hair. She has a white crystal in her right eye and a normal white eye with a green heart in it.
“Who are you? I swear I burned every kingdom in this universe.”
“I’m…special, let’s say.”
“Ok special. I’m Joanna.”
“Classy dad joke. My name is Esther. It’s nice to meet another person like myself or should I say unlike?”
“Why unlike? Because you weren’t given a kingdom?”
“Let’s leave it at that for now. I’ll show you more as to why. You know when I came here I didn’t expect to find like twenty suns here.”
“They aren’t suns. They’re all kingdoms that I lit on fire.”
“Well that my quest way easier.”
“My power doesn’t bother you?”
“I knew you were supposed to be special, but I didn’t know what kind of powers this place would give you.”
“How do you know me? Do I know you?”
“I’ve been exploring these dimensions for quite a while now. There are ones that are made of crystal, ones like this except instead of galaxies there are islands, and some made of light and darkness.”
“That doesn’t answer my question.”
“Hold on. I’ve found hidden in each dimension a piece of a legend. This legend says that millions upon millions of people came together to do the one thing they can’t do in these dimensions. Create human life.”
“I’ve already learned about the birds and the bees.”
“But you can’t make children in any of these dimensions, so all of these people dedicated their lives to doing this and roping in other people to do it as well. Because God saw how many people they were corrupting, He made for them a human child, but at the cost of their souls. It is said they reside in a singular being cursed to live this way for all eternity by themselves in its own unique dimension where they can do nothing, but regret their decision, until the end of the world when they will be given a second chance. They were still young like the two of us after all.”
“Where do I come in in all of this?”
“You are that human child. Created without a human father or mother. The second Eve.”
“What? How would you know that?”
“The highlights on your hair. You were born naturally with them, right?”
“So?”
“It’s a mark to recognize you by.”
“But I actually did have a mom and dad!”
“It was a fake reality. You never lived in the real world. You only lived in a dimension like this and never in the real world.”
“What? Why?”
“Because you were supposed to grow up to be as sinless as possible until you were old enough to enter the real world. I’m guessing that you finished whatever you were supposed to do here, and my coming was timed perfectly.”
“What about all of these people that I’ve put in their own personal furnace?”
“Purgatory doesn’t last too long if you aren’t too bad of a person.”
“Then what about us?”
“I can get us out of here. Watch.”
Esther tears a hole open in the universe with her blade arm.
“Does this get us out of here and back into the real reality?”
“I hope so.”
“You hope so?”
“I can’t control where these holes go. It’s up to where you’re supposed to go. Hey, it’s better than staying here.”
“Let’s go then. You first.”

Joanna and Esther go through the tear in the universe, which closes behind them. The two are now traveling in-between space and time to an unknown destination. Their fates are controlled by the unseen force that controls all fates.

No comments:

Post a Comment