Sunday, March 22, 2020

Broken Porcelain: Chapter 4 – Abused and Abuser


Chapter 4 – Abused and Abuser
Once Elena arrives on the third floor, she sees that the floor is gone and the only thing that she can walk on to explore further are spikes that jut out from below.
“Am I really supposed to walk across these?” Elena asks herself.
She looks around to see that there’s no way around the spikes and makes sure what she sees isn’t an illusion by touching a spike with her finger.
“I guess I don’t have a choice.”
Elena carefully walks across the spikes to discover that they don’t hurt her feet.
“I just have to walk like the princesses in the fairy tales. Soft steps. Soft steps…”
With soft and careful steps, Elena makes it through the spikes and steps on a platform only to see nothing to step on ahead of besides darkness.
“Now what…”
“Now, you trust me,” a familiar voice says.
Elena looks in the darkness to see the faint face of the girl who is supposed to be working with Mia’s parents.
“What do you want me to do?”
“I want you to fall into the darkness. You will shatter, but I will put you back together.”
“I’ll…shatter?”
“This is what scares away everyone and convinces the other dolls to hate us. I wish this could be done differently, but Mia has set it up this way. The only way, so you’ll have to trust me.”
“…Okay. I see. You’ll have to tell me one thing for me to trust you.”
“What is it?”
“What’s your name?”
“My name?”
“Yes.”
“My name is Camilla.”
“My name is Elena. It’s um. Nice to meet you.”
“Now will you trust me?”
“Yes...”
Elena takes a step into the darkness and falls until she shatters on the floor. She’s then put back together with magic. When she regains consciousness, she takes a breath of relief.
Camilla walks out of the darkness and says, “You are the strangest doll I’ve ever seen. You seem so shy and scared, but you’ve done something that even the bravest dolls refused to do.”
“That’s because I want to go back home to my parents. Now tell me how I can be free along with the others.”
“I don’t have any control over that. Mia does.”
“Mia’s parents are here with you, right? Can I talk to them?”
“Go right ahead. You’ve shown them that they can trust you.”
The same large doll that Elena saw before comes out of the darkness except now she sees all the deformed limbs and other cracks and holes on the doll that would suggest that it shouldn’t be living or living comfortably at least.
“E-excuse me. Can you talk to Mia to free us from this place?”
The large doll touches Elena’s forehead and shows her the full memory of what started this. After their magical clash, Mia’s parents forced her and themselves into this mansion to contain Mia’s rage.
“I’ll make sure no other doll suffers because of their abusive parents!” Mia proclaims, “I’ll do the same thing to them that I did to you when I get out of here!”
Mia places a spell of her own on the mansion that attracts hundreds of young dolls who have suffered because of their parents.
Once the vision is gone, Elena says, “So, you placed the spell that trapped Mia and yourselves here.”
“We did it to trap our dangerous daughter in here. We did it to make her learn her lesson,” Mia’s parents say in a combined and pained voice.
“That’s not going to do anything.”
“What do you suggest?”
“I suggest that you go talk to her.”
“She’ll just fight us. Do you see what she did to my face?” Camilla says.
“You have to try,” Elena persists.
“What makes you think she’ll listen to us?”
“You’re her parents. You love her, don’t you? If you can do all this magic, you can make your daughter see that you love her, right?”
“…We’ll try.”
Mia’s parents make a large door appear in the darkness that they open.
“I hope you’re right about this. Otherwise, things are going to get really messy,” Camilla says.
“This should work,” Elena says with some confidence.
Mia’s parents, Camilla, and Elena walk through the large door that leads to where Mia and the other dolls are on the ground floor. The dolls scatter in fear as Mia stands her ground.
“I see that you monsters now have two lapdogs and you say I’m the one with devil horns. I wonder where I get them from,” Mia says.
Mia’s parents clench their fists. Elena holds their hand to calm them down.
“Mia…We want to apologize to you for what we did,” Mia’s parents say as they get down on one knee to lower themselves to her.
“I want to apologize to you for hitting you. I lost myself in my anger again despite promising not to,” her father says as his voice becomes dominant, “Can you please, forgive me?”
“I…I won’t!”
“Mia,” her mother’s voice says as her voice becomes dominant.
“What?!”
“We love you. We’re sorry that we’re not the parents that you want, but we’re still your mom and dad. It’s our responsibility to take care of you and love you no matter what, so that’s why we promise to try harder this time. Can you forgive us?”
Mia begins to break into tears.
“Your-your magic isn’t going to help you convince me! This is a trick! I…I…”
Mia’s parents embrace her as she cries.
“Mia. We love you,” her parents say in one voice.
Mia continues to cry until she gives in to her feelings and hugs her parents. The other dolls come out of hiding and in tears wishing they were with their parents.
“I…I love you too, mom and dad,” Mia says in a pained voice.
With Mia’s confession of love for her parents, they turn back to normal and the doors of the mansion open as the entire place is filled with light. Mia and her parents promise to help the dolls with their abusive parents as they get rid of their magic powers.
Elena asks, “Aren’t you going to use your magic to help other people?”
“Magic didn’t help us come together. It only separated us. Instead, it was the love between us that solved everything. Magic shouldn’t be used by anyone anyway. It’s too powerful and evil,” Mia’s dad says.
“Oh. Well, I’m going to go back home to my parents. They’re probably worried about me.”
“I’ll see you in town, Elena, we’ll be around. If you need help or a friend, don’t be afraid to ask,” Mia says.
“Okay. I hope to see you soon!”
Elena says goodbye to Mia, her parents, and other dolls as she goes back home. She’s hesitant as she nears her house and is shocked to see her parents waiting at the front of the house. As she cautiously approaches them, they catch her in their sights and run towards her.
“Elena! You got us so worried when you ran away!” her dad says.
Elena’s natural reaction makes her close her eyes and raise her hands, but instead of being scolded, she is embraced by her mom and dad.
“Are you okay, Elena?” her mom asks.
“Y-yes. I’m sorry for running away, mom and dad. I was afraid of getting hit by you for no good reason.”
“Don’t worry about that. We forgive you, Elena.”
“Please, don’t scare us like that again, okay?”
“O-okay.”
Elena says as she begins to cry. Her parents pick her up, take her home, and make her a big dinner to celebrate her return.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment