Thursday, November 1, 2018

The Rebirth of the Extraordinary Chapter 2 - Let God Sort Them Out

Chapter 2 – Let God Sort Them Out
Despite the high amounts of sinful people in the world, there are a number of people that try to help others out in their own way. While on his long journey, a caravan of merchants drives by him.
One of them asks, “Hey, buddy. Do you need a ride?”
“Yes, bless your soul,” Urban says while blessing the man, his family, and workers.
The family feeds Urban and gives him water since he hasn’t consumed anything for at least a day and a half. The caravan drives to a town made of scrapped metal from years long gone. Guards are armed with makeshift weapons while the tougher ones have similar armor and weapons to the bandits from before. The town itself is a marketplace filled with traders from various places. They sell everything that could be possibly sold such as; food, water, weapons, armor, materials for farming and building, and people who are willing to be sold.
“Why are people selling themselves here?” Urban asks.
“Because they want to make a living and they can’t think of any other way to do that,” the man who picked him up says.
“There’s always another way.”
“You should tell them that. My family and I have been wanting to tell them a way to make their lives better, but I could never find the right words. If only there was something we could do.”
“I can do something, but you shouldn’t be around to see it. Take your family and leave this place.”
“Where will I do business then? There are only so many safe places in this wasteland.”
“God will provide, my friend.”
Urban puts his hands on the man’s head. This gives the man a vision of a peaceful marketplace to see his wares.
“Thank you so much, my friend.”
Urban then blesses the man, his family, and workers again before they head off.
He then walks up to the self-selling slaves and says, “There are other ways to make a living than to sell your bodies for money.”
Most of the self-selling slaves ignore him while only a few ask what they can do. Even a few merchants ask because they’re curious while few recognize Urban from the legends.
“Leave this place. Let me show you a proper place where you can do business and live life among good people.”
“What do you mean by that? There are good people all around us?” a person asks.
“According to you there are, but according to God, you can fit all of the good people in the world in this one town and have room to spare.”
Most of the people gasp and yell at Urban for being so judgmental.
“Repent lest your souls be damned forever!”
Only a couple people bow before Urban and ask for forgiveness. He takes a bottle of water from one of the merchants and blesses them before picking them up and sprinting out of the town before it falls into a sinkhole, which kills everyone in it. Urban touches the head of the two survivors and they head off in the direction in where God needs them to be.
After walking five miles, Urban comes across a convoy of sex traffickers.
One of the pimps notices Urban and asks him, “Do you need a good time to lighten your heavy heart? We have men, women, children, the elderly, and all kinds of people who will more than gladly make you smile.”
The people in the convoy show off their goods to Urban. Even though they can barely see his eyes, they can tell they’re being harshly judged, but they ignore this feeling.
“You’re going to be coming across a band of bandits who are stronger than you and will enslave all of you. If you make yourself look decent and turn away from this life, then that won’t happen.”
“Haha. I don’t think you know what you’re talking about buddy. Have you ever felt love’s embrace?”
“Yes. You sell a perversion of that love. At least turn back now so you’ll have a chance to live.”
A single woman looks out from the crowded bus and looks at Urban. Something about him gets her to silently step off the vehicle.
“Thanks for the concern but we have happiness to bring to people. If you don’t want the fresh meat, then maybe you want some liquor or some herbs?”
“Please, you will lose everything including your happiness if you don’t turn back.”
“Suit yourself, man. Good luck out there.”
“You’ll need more blessing than I will. I’ll keep you in my prayers.”
As the convoy leave, they don’t notice the one woman they are missing.
Once the dust settles, the woman appears to Urban. She says, “I’ve always wanted to do good and make people happy, but I’ve never known any other way to do it besides this. I don’t know why I left my family, but this is the decision I made. I know there are legends of a man like you or that is you that cleanses people of their sins and brings them to the salvation God offers. I don’t know if I’m worthy or if my sins are able to be cleansed.”
She begins to sob but is then held by Urban.
“Put your trust in God and He will heal you,” he says while wiping away her tears.
“Am I truly worthy? I don’t know if I have the strength to be as righteous as you.”
“You were the only one who was smart enough to leave your everything you had behind to seek true love and goodness. Keep doing what you just did, and you will be rewarded for your sacrifice.”
“Where do I go now?”
“Follow me. I will lead you to where you are needed.”
While Urban and the woman walk, the convoy she was with is attacked and enslaved by bandits. Miles away from where they once were, the two find themselves in a battle between two tribes. Both of technologies of old and both are using them to kill one another as they did back then. The woman has grown weary of walking, which forces Urban to carry her through the battle.
She asks him as the battle rages, “Do we really have to go through the battle?”
“We do. There’s no shortcut and it is the way God wants us to go for whatever reason. Frankly, I’m not complaining because I’d rather not take the long way around.”
“You don’t have to carry me anymore if it slows you down. It’s more important that you survive rather than me.”
“You’re more important than you think. Have faith in God and we will make it through this.”
Urban comes across a wounded soldier who is resting behind a large rock. His wounds are serious, and he is bleeding out. The soldier recognizes Urban and falls out from the rock to bow down to him.
He says, “Servant of God! Please tell God to forgive a sinful soul such as mine! I’ve killed so many for my self-righteous cause. There are so many innocent people dead because of my direct and indirect actions. The suffering I’ve caused is beyond measure. I submit my soul to God to do whatever He pleases because He is the wisest of all!”
The woman is put down for a second as Urban closes the man’s wounds with his hands. The soldier is completely healed and feels two hundred percent better with increases in strength and wisdom. After feeling gleeful because of his gift, he quickly gets back down on his knees.
“I was like you before. I’m a better man now, but I implore you to be better,” Urban says.
“What is your command?”
“Cover us while we escape the battle then you will destroy the two opposing armies. Try to convert the wounded. If they reject you, then say a prayer for them and give them a swift death. If they accept you, then repeat what I said to you.”
“By myself?”
“God and your guardian angel are at your side.”
“Then it will not matter if I face two more armies.”
“Don’t tempt it. Now go.”
The renewed soldier cleaves through the armies as if he had the strength of a hundred soldiers as Urban takes the woman out of the battlefield. Eventually, the two make it to a quiet town where the woman is placed in the care of a family Urban saved not too long ago. The family treats them to a meal to thank him for rescuing them and to refresh them after a long journey.
Before Urban leaves, the woman says, “Please don’t go.”
“I have to. It’s my calling.”
“Then I’ll come with you. I don’t want to leave you alone.”
“You don’t have to worry about me. I’m never alone.”
The woman kisses Urban’s face then hugs him before letting him go back on his journey.

Of course I have to include my favorite Demon Hunter song, Someone to Hate, for this story. Heck, a lot of Demon Hunter songs fit into this story.

*Added into chapter 1 to explain the rubble and old tech resurfacing. Almost forgot to explain it.
It is said in some legends that the great people that brought back good into the world rebuilt all of the technologies from the past because they had the knowledge of how to build it. Other legends say that some kind of demon alien race built everything back to the way it was after a mass sacrifice of infants and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment