Thursday, November 15, 2018

Deception and Despair: Part 2 Ending

Chapter 3 – Despair’s Demise
As we eat in the cafeteria, things are deadly silent between all of us. I doubt anyone wants to kill someone, but they might if Kat forces us to. The problem with that is that there’s only one choice in the matter and that person will be executed. It’s unlikely that someone will take their life. Even if they do, then it only leaves the last two to fight amongst themselves.
Who is going to break first? What is going to happen now? Who is going to make the first move? What is David doing right now? Is me looking back and forth making me look crazy?
“Calm down, Ella,” Tage says, “I’m not going to do anything. I’m just thinking about what Kat might do to us if neither of us do anything.”
“I’m honestly thinking if I’ll ever get to play again after this,” Oda admits, “but now you have that on my mind. I’m not going to do anything either.”
I smile and say, “Me neither. They’re going to have to force us if they want us to-”
Kat busts into the cafeteria while Siv places a pistol at each of our tables.
She then says, “Thank you for reading our minds, Ella!”
Damn it.
“Because of the circumstances, you are each given a gun to kill your friends with. Your pistols are fully loaded and easy to use, so you don’t have to worry about being a sharpshooter. If you refuse to kill one another, I will personally cut at your skin before you either shoot your friends or get cut to ribbons! Make your choice.”
We stand in silence for a few seconds while looking at each other.
“Pick up your guns and point it at your friends before I kill you right now!” Kat screams at us which forces us to pick up the pistols and point them at one another.
Oda is shaking right now. She begins to cry as she says, “I…I can’t do this anymore! This is all bullshit! The stupid fucking cat. The stupid fucking snake and those two idiots who control them can go to Hell! I’m not going to deal with this anymore!”
She then shoots herself in the head. Damn. I’m not sure if she was being brave so that she didn’t need to shoot her friends, or this situation broke her down. I’d like to think it’s the first one. Now it’s just Tage and me.
“Tage…”
“Ella.”
“Don’t do anything I wouldn’t.”
“You don’t have to worry about that. I won’t.”
He smiles before shooting himself in the head as well. Everyone in the game is dead now. I survived somehow even though I had the most against me. What happens now? Rita comes into the room with David.
She says, “Congratulations, you bitch! You won the game without spilling any blood!”
“That’s right, cunt. What are you going to do about it? I won fair and square.”
“There is no fair and square with me. I won the first game and got away with it and I’m going to win this one as well. Kat, get her.”
You cheating, bitch. Oh?
“Kat? What’s wrong?”
Kat tries to move back can barely move. Her body is shaking violently from something inside her body.
“Uh-oh,” Kat says in a mechanical voice, “Major system malfunction. Interior unable to sustain damage. Exterior beginning to break apart. In other words, game over man! Game over!”
Siv then bursts out from Kat’s chest then goes back in bursts out of her head and decapitates her. Finally. I thought I would never see the end of that stupid cat. I love the surprise on Rita’s face.
She looks to David and says, “What happened? Why did Siv do that?”
Siv then restrains Rita’s hands and feet.
“Because that’s how I programmed him. You haven’t noticed, but you’ve been playing in my game. Now you’ll take responsibility for what you did last summer and this one as well.”
“What?! I thought you loved me, David!”
“I stopped loving you when you started killing our friends because you wanted me all to yourself for a summer. I hope you enjoy your years in prison.”
Rita screams and cries and Siv drags her away. David then sighs in relief and sits at a table.
“You did it, David!” I say as I run to him and kiss him.
“I’m surprised I did. I was a player in this game as well. If I failed, then I would’ve died along with everyone else.”
“Won’t you go to jail for aiding Rita in this death game?”
“The evidence that’s recorded only has Rita in it as the mastermind behind the games. I’m just a guy separated from everyone who’s trying to survive. I might pay for this later in some way, but hey, it was worth it to catch Rita. The cops and our families should be here soon.”
“I’m not going to snitch you out especially now that you’re mine.”
“I go from the hands of one crazy girl to the next.”
“Hahaha. You better believe it.”
When the cops get to the school, we give Rita to them along with the evidence that sends her to jail for years. I don’t care how many years because of two reasons. The first is that she’s finally brought to justice. The second is because I’m with David. He makes up for all of the pain I’ve been going through in a single summer week just by being with me. All of that despair I had is gone. Now there is only love, happiness, and most importantly, hope, which is despair’s opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment