Thursday, December 29, 2022

A Union of Hearts: Love and Truth is for Fools: Chapter 4 – The True Power of the Humble

Chapter 4 – The True Power of the Humble

As we approach the meeting spot, it is then that I wish I was more and had more so that I could’ve stopped this. I wish my singing didn’t need to be heard for it to be effective, that I wasn’t who I was in the past, and that my Heart Absolute ability was different. It is also at this time that I realize that Polline is thinking much of the same regrets. We look at each other and hold one another before finally coming to the hill. The conceited show up soon after and surround us. Because they’re around us, our feelings of regret increase and we are tempted to beg for our lives and give our service to them in return for them. Along with it, the feeling that restricts me from singing enters my throat.

“We won’t give in to you. You may as well kill us,” I say.

“You won’t get your way in this. The Absolute will win in the end,” Polline adds.

“So says the clowns, the literal fools of the world,” one of the possessed conceited says, “Know that your deaths will be used for a greater good. We already knew that you would tell the man we gave you to get help, which is why we’ll kill you slowly and make you an example for the others. Just know that we gave you a chance to become yourselves and that you could’ve done more. Instead of being a circus of fools doing nothing but being entertainment, you could’ve been king and queen of your own kingdom making real changes for the world and yourselves.”

The possessed conceited then hold out their hands and our bodies feel as if they are being sucked out of life and being cut from the inside out. As our skin turns white and every part of our body hurts, we feel indescribable amounts of pain while also feeling that we aren’t dying fast enough to match the pain. Since we can do nothing, we hold each other and bear the pain together. If this is what the Absolute wants us to do, then we humbly accept this as our fate. Doing this numbs the pain somewhat while not getting rid of it completely. Forgive them, Absolute, because they don’t know what they’re really doing.

Agonizing minutes pass until we begin to feel a strange sense of relief. Looking around us, we see that the conceited are as confused as we are and whisper to themselves about something until we see the vainglory leave their bodies one by one. As this is happening, the appearance of the conceited slowly goes back to normal, however, they scream in pain while this is going on. Neither Polline nor I know what to say or do until it is done and all the conceited are passed out on the ground.

“What happened?” Polline asks.

“A miracle as far as I know,” I say until I realize the answer, “It was the Absolute helping us through humility.”

“What you’re saying makes sense to me for some reason, but what does it mean?”

“I think we were too reliant on our Heart Absolute abilities and forgot that the Absolute is our only true weapon against our enemies. Even though these conceited were foolish in trying to go up against the truth, we were more foolish to forget where our strength came from and that we shouldn’t worry no matter how hopeless things may seem.”

“I get it, but still don’t completely understand it. How did putting us in this situation and making us suffer do anything to the conceited?”

“That’s the thing with the Absolute. You’ll never completely understand Him. That’s why we have to admit to being fools for all of our life. There’s always more to understand and because of that, all the more reason to continue our pursuit of truth and to learn the infinite depths of love.”

“The part about us being fools for the rest of our life is true enough, but I’d at least like to think we’re wise fools for picking the right path. Anyways, what should we do about these conceited?”

“Bring them back to be healed and converted in heart. They are still alive after all, which means they still have a chance at changing in the Absolute’s mind. We should get the people from the town to help us carry them back.”

Polline and I meet the people of the town and circus halfway back and they help us take the conceited to a hospital church dedicated to the Absolute where they will be cared for. I have my hopes that they will change since even a person like me did and I was worse than they were. Even though the threat of the vainglory is temporarily halted, there are sure to be more coming for us. Some people in town suggest routing them out from the lands, but I suggest that we instead continue doing as we have been assigned by the Absolute. This makes people uneasy and I even get called stupid and idiotic for suggesting this, especially after what happened.

“Is it really foolish to do what truth and love itself tell us to do?” I ask, “As we were, the conceited and vainglory viewed us as a threat that needed to be destroyed. I say that we continue being fools for the Absolute so we may continue being a thorn in the side of evil and have victories against them such as today's. If the Absolute calls you to act, then do so. We need people fighting against evil and finding the people that the conceited kidnapped. If the Absolute calls you to be a baker, a farmer, or even a clown like me, then you’ll be better in that role than that of a soldier.”

People start agreeing with me and then go about their business doing what they think the Absolute wants them to do. As for Polline and I, we hold a special event at the circus to celebrate our victory, the return of one of our clowns, and all that the Absolute has given us. My part soon comes up, Polline begins to play her guitar, and I begin to sing as the Absolute has moved me to do as my purpose in life. This new life that I treasure by living in the present and leaving the past and future where they belong.

“In the moment of despair

Nothing feels fair

Suffering is all there is to life

And it all hangs on the edge of a knife

 

Lift the spirit of your hearts

Don't give up, even if it gets worse

 

There is always another day

There's more to life than the dull and gray

It will change one day or another

One day when you'll meet your true lover

A day when we'll do more than hope and pray

A day when all the evil and suffering will go away

So hold onto me until then

And remember love and truth win in the end

 

You gotta leave the past behind

All good things come in due time

It doesn't matter how things have been

Today is not the end

 

Lift up the spirit of your hearts

Don't give up, even when all is dark

 

There is always another day

There's more to life than the dull and gray

It will change one day or another

One day when you'll meet your true lover

A day when we'll do more than hope and pray

A day when all the evil and suffering will go away

So hold onto me until then

And remember love and truth win in the end

 

Remember that no one is perfect

No one is free from defect

But remember how far you have come

There's nothing to run from

 

Pick yourself up

Don't let your heart go numb

Forget about the horror

Leave your worries behind and go forward

 

There is always another day

There's more to life than the dull and gray

It will change one day or another

One day when you'll meet your true lover

A day when we'll do more than hope and pray

A day when all the evil and suffering will go away

So hold onto me until then

And remember love and truth win in the end

 

Remember love and truth win in the end”

 

*concept art for the heart of fools. The heart of the blind fool is on the left and the heart of the wise fool is on the right.

 

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment