Sunday, February 4, 2018

Deceitful Body Song/Poem Attempt #25

Feelings gone awry
Unknown thoughts in my mind
Lazy when I need to be active
Crazy when I need to stay still

Where did these feelings come from?
Why do I feel this way?
Think this way?
When I start being this way, I feel like scum

Overwhelming lust
Rage boiling my blood
Always feeling a lack of trust
Living this way makes me numb

My body works against me
My feelings shooting me in the knee
This physical body is deceitful
Good and evil feel equal

Who can really trust the heart?
What delusions does the brain hold?

This is why I take control
I'm more than matter
I'm a man

I may falter to my vices
But I can always get back up
I can always change
There's a second chance waiting for you at every mistake

Show people that you're more than just flesh and bone
Show them that you're in control of yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment