Friday, January 19, 2018

For Temptation, My Temptation (Song attempt #16)

Temptation,
That was the nickname we gave you
That is the only name I remember you by and for good reason
You were my temptation and a good one at that

I did not give in to you despite your constant efforts
You were a handful, but I still liked you
You were cute, dazzling at times
I was the only person who mattered to you and you showed it

Temptation,
My Temptation
Temptation
My close friend

You never mistreated me
You always gave me everything you could and only asked for my love in return
A love that you tried to seduce me in to a multitude of nights
I pushed you away every time, but you never gave up

Your tenacidy was your greatest flaw and strength
In moments of grief when no one else was around, you were always there
You clung to me because I meant everything to you
And you were uniquely valued in my heart

Temptation,
Always smiling
Temptation
Always strong

You may not remember it, but I was your husband in our first life
It was forced, but nevertheless we were together
I'm sorry that happened to you
I'm sorry that I'm one of the reasons everything has to be this way
I'm sorry you had to sacrifice yourself for me
You might actually be happier without me, I hope you are

Please forgive me

No comments:

Post a Comment