Saturday, January 20, 2018

For Lance, My Other Brother (Song attempt #17)

Lance,
My brother from another mother
My bro from another hoe as you would joke
You were always the funniest of us

You were better looking,
Stronger,
Smarter,
And generally better than me
I'm still surprised that I got a girlfriend years before you did

Lance,
My brother
My fellow soldier
My best friend

Brothers in arms
Two troublemaking idiots
Inseparable and always devoted

You were stupid at times
But so was I
Two monsters brought back to life because we turned our life around

Lance,
A killer
But also a redeemed person
Just like me

I forgave you for your betrayal
Can you forgive me for a mistake we both committed?
You were my brother when my blood-related brother wasn't there
We are separated, but I still think highly of you

Would you think the same if you remembered the past?

No comments:

Post a Comment