Friday, September 1, 2017

My experience with religion on Twitter

I might've said something about this before but I'm going to talk about it again since I've had more time on Twitter. Here's what I know from my experience over 5 months.

  • Atheists and agnostics are going to be the people who hate and go after others who think differently than them.
  • Religious people are either on the defense or ignoring the atheists.
  • There are very few people you can convince to go to the other side.
  • Questions and answers are dodged every now and then or flat out ignored.
  • Some answers are considered not valid because they don't conform to the standards of the person being talked to either because the answer is based on fake facts or the other refuses to look it up.
  • Books are recommended to try to convince the other person when the conversation is lost or done.
  • Some go around using their religion to troll.
  • One side claims to know about the other side's faith than the other.
  • People will start these conversations out of nowhere if you even mention religion.
  • Most if not all conversations end in stalemates.
  • This happens everyday.
  • Groups of people will involve themselves in conversations about religion.
  • Because of the limited nature of characters in people's responses, people will interupt them as they write more than one post.
That's all I found so far. This whole thing started when I wanted to follow Christians to hear what they have to say. I got roped into a conversation with an atheist who refused to consider my answers. Because of this, I got more into looking into my faith as a Christian and this increased my faith and knowledge about it so I guess I have to thank them for that. I read through the New Testament of the Bible, Mere Christianity, The Shack, and I Don't Have Enough to be an Atheist all of which are amazing books that I highly recommend. Most of the negative things said above mostly applies to the atheist/agnostic side of things. If there's any religious people who act like them, I haven't heard of many of them. In my estimation, for every one bad religious person, there are 20 -30 bad atheists and/or agnostics who hate the fact that you found God. Because these non-religious people are in the minority, you'll find that there are way more good religious people than bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment