Friday, November 24, 2023

Exorcism of the Hollow: The Good Traitor: Chapter 1 – Exorcising the Self


Chapter 1 – Exorcising the Self

After hanging the noose around the heretic, I throw him over the balcony to hang him with his cardinals and archbishops. Now, the pope of the false Christianity is dead and the followers of his sham of a gospel will follow as well if they don’t submit to the true faith that is being captained by the good people of the British Empire and I, her king. My subjects and the true servants of Our Lord Jesus Christ cheer for me below and my three wives stand around me with their heads on my shoulders.

“Cheer, not only for me but for yourselves, loyal servants of Christ! Today we celebrate the downfall of the anti-Chrit’s Christianity and the next big achievement in establishing Christ’s true Church on earth and dominating it for His sake, so drink, eat, be merry, and enjoy yourselves to your heart’s desires! You’ve earned it,” I say as the crowd grows louder with fervor and zeal.

Downstairs in the basilica, I watch and enjoy the fruits of my labor. First, I look at my wives. One is the daughter of a royal family that I’ve known since childhood, another was a nun until she was…convinced to abandon her vow of chastity and marry me, and the last is a slave woman who previously helped clean my castle. Second, I look over to my family and friends who made this possible. Without their influence and resources, we wouldn’t have been able to overthrow the pope and his armies. Third and lastly, I look at my servants who I also appreciate for playing their part.

Everyone is happy and nothing could make me happier than seeing this. While the party is going on, a few of the drunks break the cross that’s at the very back of the basilica. This stops the party for some as they go to see the broken crucifix and statue of Christ that was attached to it and even condemn the drunks for this desecration of a holy object. To avoid the party being spoiled, I clang my wine glass to get everyone’s attention.

“Let us not make this spoil enjoying our just rewards,” I say. “As for these drunks, they have done nothing wrong. In fact, I was going to destroy that cross myself since it depicts the false Christ of the Catholics. Our Christ is risen and not perpetually crucified because all our sins of the past, present, and future are wiped away forever and with our vow of faith in Christ we are saved no matter what mistakes and sins we may make.”

The crowd agrees with me and calms down.

“Now, bring in the statue of the true Christ and put Him where the false Christ fell.”

Ten of my servants bring in the statue I’ve brought over from Britain, place Him at the back of the Church, and carry away the broken trash of the cross and false Christ. This statue of Christ depicts Him with the armor of a king with a lion and unicorn behind Him. In His hands are the flag of the British Empire and a sword.

“This is a proper and true depiction of Christ. Don’t you all agree?”

Again, the crowd agrees with me before clapping and going back to enjoying the party. Many hours pass and guests go home one after the other until around twenty remain, most of whom are my relatives and close associates. They’re staying since we still have to divide the riches of the Vatican and explore its vaults for valuables. Before we can do that, the doors of the basilica close and the candles go out. A deep darkness surrounds us that we can hardly see each other in.

We all take out our weapons and call out whoever is pulling this trick on us and no one answers. I then see bits of a creature that has a white body and a black hole in its chest. It starts cutting down everyone I know one after the other and kills them in various ways such as making them fly in the air before dropping them down or just plain tearing their head off or in two. For some reason, it seems like no one else can see them even when I see them look at the creatures point blank and tell them about it. Taking matters into my own hands, I hunt the creature in the dark and eventually find it, but when I strike it, the blade of my sword shatters into pieces. Both of my wrists are then restrained by invisible chains and I am forced to stay in place as I watch everyone close to me die.

With no other option, I call out to God with all my strength for the opportunity to obtain justice and am only met with the floating destroyed statue of Christ whose face is covered by a black veil. Its chest and last remaining hand that has a nail through it bleeds and tears seem to be on its veil.

“Lord? Is that You?” I ask.

“Do not call Me Lord for I do not know you,” the statue says.

“What are you talking about?”

“You have persecuted Me by persecuting My Church, My people, My both faithful and unfaithful servants.”

“Was I not supposed to bring Your justice to the unfaithful? To the Catholics and the traitors among the British Empire and those who call themselves Christians but are nothing but heretics?”

“You speak of heretics and you are chief among them and chief among today’s sinners for killing so many and indulging in sin and your own desires.”

“I’ve never done anything wrong! You’re right. You don’t know me.”

“You ask Me for help, I bring you the truth, and you decide to argue with Me. Know that My mercy outweighs My justice by your continued breathing despite your countless blasphemies and by giving you penance. This penance is to be the first among a new league of exorcists that operate invisibly and can see demons.”

My royal blue, red, white, and gold clothes change to a dull brown and black priest-like set of clothes that look like a combination of priest and guard. Half a mask covers my face and I can feel and see a long spear coming out of my head.

“You will use this spear as your primary weapon and the first demons you must banish are your own. You must crucify yourself first if you want to serve Me and save yourself,” the statue continues.

“How do I know that you’re not an anti-Christ?” I ask.

“A divided kingdom cannot stand against itself. I want you to take this second chance and be the faithful servant you claim to be.”

I try to take the spear from my head, but the chains on my wrists prevent me from doing so. Turning my head to look at them, I now see a white creature on both sides, one has a chain coming out of its head while the other has a chain coming out of its heart, and both of which appear to have a mockery of my face as theirs.

“I can’t do anything!” I say.

“That’s right. You can’t do anything without My help. Crucify your ego. Give Me your vow of humility by saying, ‘Ego me primum crucifigo’.”

Doing as the statue says, I swallow my pride and say in the accursed Catholic language, “Ego me primum crucifigo.”

My chains break and the two creatures behind me are blown away allowing me to take the spear out of my head and wield it. I’m not too accustomed to using spears, but I should be able to banish the creatures if God truly wants me to succeed. The creatures come at me and attack me with their blade-like claws and no matter how much I stab them with my spear, I can’t manage to do anything. What am I doing wrong?

“You’ve already forgotten so easily. You cannot do anything without My help,” the statue says.

Fine then. Somehow believing God is the source of my strength makes the spear do damage and allows me to fight better. Soon after, I manage to banish the creatures, and the candles in the basilica are all relit at once. With a clearer view of the bodies of everyone I cared about, I’m unsure of who to go to first to see if they’re still alive.

“None of them are,” the statue says.

“What?” I say.

“None of them are alive. They died after they were struck down by their demons and judged soon after.”

“Can You at least tell me if they went to Heaven or Hell?”

“I can tell you that those who appear faithful will suffer Hellfire because of the decay in their soul and those who appear wretched obtain the highest seat in Heaven because of their repentance and trust in Me.”

“That’s not much of an answer.”

“Their fate is not your concern. You need to worry about your own and those you’ll lead. Now, go! Free your people of their demons.”

I am lifted into the air by an invisible force and thrown out of the basilica. Before I can get up, the basilica’s doors close. Was that really God and was I really banishing demons? I guess I have no choice but to accept it and hope that I’m doing the right thing at this point. If I truly lived an evil life, please God forgive me and help me to do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment