Friday, May 29, 2020

Revenge First, Love Later: Chapter 1 – Brought Together for Revenge


Chapter 1 – Brought Together for Revenge
Two kingdoms have been fighting each other for generations. One is named Giorno while the other is named Notte. Rex from the kingdom Giorno and Juno from the kingdom Notte are the prince and princess respectively of their kingdoms. They have fought many battles against the opposing kingdom that gained them fame and infamy. In their last battle, they fought and killed each other with neither side winning the battle. After their burial, the kingdoms fought even harder against each other because each ruler had lost their child.
Unbeknownst to both sides, the bodies of Rex and Juno were moved after the funeral and brought back to life in a single coffin buried in an unmarked grave. When they awoke, they attacked each other while trying to get out. The coffin they were in was unbreakable as it was sealed with a seal, so the two kept fighting each other with their sword that they were buried with. They kept fighting each other day and night in the hope of killing the other despite already knowing they were both undead. After a week, their coffin is unsealed by two familiar faces who undid the spell on the coffin.
“Mom!” Rex says to one.
“Dad!” Juno says to the other.
The two stop their fighting to go to their loved ones.
“Mom, I thought you were killed in battle!” Rex says.
“Dad, I thought you were assassinated while I was still a baby!” Juno says.
“We weren’t any of what you said,” Rex’s mom explains, “Those were lies told you by people who tried to kill us because we were against the endless war we’re in.”
“Someone tried to get us killed and prevented us from telling you the truth,” Juno’s dad adds.
“Hold on, why would you want to end the war? You knew what these people did to us,” Rex asks.
“What we did to you?! You people are abhorrent,” Juno rebukes.
“Take that back!”
“Never!”
Rex and Juno slice through each other with their blades with Juno’s blade getting stuck in Rex’s head while Rex’s blade is stuck in Juno’s chest.
“This worked the last time I killed you.”
“You didn’t kill me if I’m still alive.”
“Stop it, both of you!” Juno’s dad says.
“You’re right, dad. I don’t need to be around this trash anymore.”
Juno and Rex walk away from each other only for their head and limbs to fall off their body. The two parents call out to their children before putting them back together while their limbs and head struggle to reconnect on their own.
“What happened?” Rex asks.
“It looks like there’s a spell forcing you two to stay together if you got out, but I’m still wondering why would someone bring you back to life, bury you together, and put that spell on you,” Rex’s mom says.
“This is terrible! I have to be stuck with you?!” Juno says.
“I hate it too, but I’m not going to complain. There’s no use for it. Anyways, how did you find us, mom?” Rex asks.
“We both visited your graves to find you missing. It took us a while, but we managed to track you down to this location. The person who stole you both must be in league with the devil. Necromancy and that sealing spell were both demonic that we had to break with holy water and a releasing prayer.”
“Can you free us from this spell?” Juno asks.
“I don’t think we can,” Juno’s father says.
“I think we should make the most of this and find out who did this to us,” Rex says.
“I hate to agree, but you’re right.”
“Why’s that?”
“You should be at peace in the afterlife. Were you being judged by God before you came back to life?”
“No, I don’t think I was. It just…black.”
“It was the same for me.”
“That’s strange, but I guess God knew you were going to come back to life, so He delayed your judgment. Perhaps it’s for a good purpose that we don’t know about yet,” Juno’s father assumes.
“We’ll have to ask the person who brought us back to life. Do you know who it could be?” Rex asks.
“It has to be someone or some people within both kingdoms. No normal person could walk into the castles, especially since they managed to make it to your graves, which is even harder to access without permission from the rulers.”
“Then we have to check each castle. I want to check your kingdom first,” Rex says.
“Why mine?”
“Because I think yours is most suspect. I’ve heard stories of your people coming back to life in battles.”
“Those were done by the grace of God! They came back to life to save their people and became great saints!”
“So you admit to them coming back to life? That makes your kingdom our prime suspect then.”
“Whatever. We’ll go there first just to prove you wrong.”
“Can we trust you two to work together to find clues to whoever is behind this?” Rex’s mom asks.
“You can trust me to do the right thing, mom.”
“Juno?”
“You can trust me.”
“That’s good. I know what you were constantly told about each other, but you have to put those aside for now. Now, I think we have some cloaks for you to wear. You need them since you look like walking corpses. No offense.”
The parents lead their children to their horses. They ride to the Notte kingdom but are stopped by undead soldiers and horses along the way. The undead knock the horses down and drag them into the ground while the parents are separated from their children.
As the undead attack, Juno’s father calls us to the two, “Go ahead without us! If you don’t see us in the kingdom, we’ll be at Giorno’s!”
“Dad!” Juno says as tries to fight her way to him.
“Come on, Juno! We can’t fight through this horde!” Rex says as he pulls on Juno’s arm.
“My dad is over there, and he needs my help! He isn’t undead like us and he could get killed, you idiot!”
Rex stabs Juno through the chest with his sword to pull her away from the approaching horde of undead.
“Let’s go already! He said he wanted us to go. You trust that he’ll do everything he can to survive, right?”
“Fine.”
Rex takes his sword out of Juno as the two run away from the undead. Once they lose the horde, Juno sits down.
“I think we’re safe now,” Juno says.
“You can’t be tired. You’re undead,” Rex says.
“I’m not tired. I think we should come up with a plan on how we’re going to get into the kingdom. Everyone thinks we’re dead and we don’t look alive at all. I mean look at our skin, hair, and eyes. We’re even missing fingers because of all the fighting we did. Also, we don’t smell too good either.”
“And here I thought the undead were normal in your kingdom.”
“Shut up and listen to me. We need a way to get into the kingdom and my house. These cloaks are enough to hide our appearance, but they aren’t enough.”
“Well, do you know of anything?”
“Yes, but we’re going to have to be sneaky about it.”
“Got it. Lead the way, princess.”
“Don’t call me, princess.”
“That’s your rightful title, isn’t it?”
“It is, but the way you say it makes it sound like an insult.”
“You’re right. I guess I can’t help but say it that way.”
“Uck. Just call me by my normal name and I’ll do the same for you.”
“Okay, Juno.”
“…it still sounds like an insult.”
“Haha.”

No comments:

Post a Comment