Monday, October 21, 2019

Suffer with Me: Chapter 4 – Too Close for Comfort

Chapter 4 – Too Close for Comfort
I didn’t want to talk to you, Bernardo. Just like I said.
Why?
Because I don’t love you like how you love me.
Well, love is kind of a big word if you’re thinking about a relationship…
You don’t love me?!
I’ll protect you with my life, but I’m not sure about a relationship. Why are you yelling about now?
Urgh. Can you really believe that woman, Ms. Mara? I don’t think she’s telling us the truth when it comes to us knowing each other.
How so?
My memory is a bit hazy, but I don’t remember you at all in my life. Your voice, your white hair and skin, personality, nothing.
Wait, white as in pale white?
Yes.
I don’t have white hair or pale skin. Is that really what I look like?
Yeah. Well, I guess I don’t appear how I usually do either. My skin is weirdly grey.
I’m sure you look pretty.
There you go again.
What? I can compliment you.
I don’t need your compliments.
Why are you so hostile?
Because I hate this scenario. I don’t want to fall in love with a stranger I’m connected to like this.
I don’t like this scenario as much as you do, but you don’t have to take it out on me.
“Mm…”
…Well, whatever you think, you have to put it aside for now. We have to figure out a way out of this.
I’m not sure what she wants. I’m not going to do whatever she wants that has to do with true love.
We’re going to have to do something.
You go ahead. You’re the optimistic one.
Hey.
Hey yourself! Don’t grab my head and touch it with yours!
We need to work together. We’ve been doing great so far, and we can’t stop now.
“Mm…” Fine.
Good. Huh? Did something land on my head?
Let me see. It a piece of paper that says we passed the first challenge.
You see? We need to work together.
You did everything.
Kind of, but we don’t know what else we’re supposed to do. Maybe it has to do with physical touch.
Don’t get any dirty ideas.
I won’t. I promise.
Can you stop it with that, “I promise” and positive attitude thing? It’s irritating.
Why? It helps, doesn’t it?
Kind of, but it’s irritating.
You really are a sour puss, aren’t you?
Shut up.
…hmmm…oh!
Hey! Stop hugging me!
This is probably what she wants to see.
A piece of paper isn’t coming down like last time. You’re wrong.
Hug me back then. It’s supposed to be acts of true love and love is a two-way street.
“Mm…”
Just do it.
“Mm…”
There we go and there we go.
We passed the second challenge. I can’t imagine what the last one is.
Then think about it.
How can I think about it when I have you in my head?
We’re supposed to be working together.
And yet, you’re the one doing all the work.
Stop it. Your attitude doesn’t help us in any way. In fact, it’s hindering us.
So what? You just want me to follow your lead?
No. I want to see the Simona I knew who knew when to take charge and when to trust me.
Figuratively seeing, right?
Simona.
Okay, fine. I’ll stop it.
Thank you.
If you stop it…What? You said love is a two-way street, right? Stop staring at me like that. Say some or think something. I don’t think us butting heads isn’t going to work again. Hey, what-!...I…wait.
“Ow!”
That’s what you get! You can’t just kiss me on the lips like that!
You seemed to be enjoying it though by the way you were melting in my arms.
Y-y-y-y-ou!
“Ow!”
Stop hitting yourself!
No! Stop holding me!
Calm down already. I got another piece of paper. We passed the last challenge, right?
Right, but why aren’t the walls moving away from us? Huh?
What is it?
There’s a malfunction, so please wait while I fix it. Tch.
Tell me the truth. Do you love me?
“Mm!”
You hurt yourself.
I know I just wanted to hit you.
You still have to give me an answer.
Why?
Because I’d like to know. You’re giving me mixed reactions.
I feel like I trust you more than I should because of what you’ve done for me even though I’m a stranger.
You also don’t mind being held now.
“Mm…”
You still didn’t answer my question.
I think you’re okay. A little too positive, but okay. I can see me giving you a chance when we leave here.
I asked a yes or no question.
Tch. Yes! Happy now?
Very. Hey, the walls have moved back.
And the furniture is back where it belongs as if nothing happened. I don’t understand this place.
It’s probably best to not think about it too much. Here’s Ms. Mara again.
“Oooooh, you two are so precious! If I could only hear what the two of you were saying to each other! It must’ve been so romantic!”
Not really.
“We don’t really know each other, do we?”
“No, not really. You two just happened to live in the same area when I kidnapped you. I said you two knew each other to give you a reason to trust each other more, but it looks like you didn’t really need it.”
“How did you kidnap us?”
“The Wanting are excellent at stealth and hiding in the dark, so they pick out the people I find out there when I’m in my disguise. If you remember seeing a tall woman in the crowd, then you remember seeing me.”
I kind of remember.
Is there anything else I should ask her?
I just want to get out of here.
Me too.
“Okay, enough of this. Give us our last challenge so we can leave.”
“Oh, I’m sure you’re itching to get to know each other better in a more comfortable environment then get married! Right this way.”
Are you ready, Simona?
More than ready.
Same with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment