Friday, October 4, 2019

Cycle of Suffering: Chapter 2 – Sufferers and the Suffering

Chapter 2 – Sufferers and the Suffering
“Come on. Come on! Let me out already! You haven’t scared me because you killed me because I’m still alive! I’ll show you that I can escape.”
The eye on the moon opens and the walls disappear in the room around me. I expect to all again, but I’m instead in a cell in a mental institution of some kind. Oh, I see what the controller of this is trying to say. I want to say something smart to it, but that’ll show them that they’re getting to me, so I hold it in. The cell doors to my room open as I approach them. I then begin to explore the cramped and crumbling building. It’s decaying with rotting bed, walls, and floors. I’ve heard that hospitals were the dirtiest places in the world, but this is something else. The surgery and operation rooms look recently used with blood, clothes, and maggot-infested body parts in the rooms. Parts of the wall and ceiling are broken, but barbed wire prevents escape, however, it looks like people have tried to escape through them with blood, pieces of clothing, and even fingers stuck in them.
Since places of importance to the killers seem to hold the keys to escape, a doctor’s office is the first place I check in for a key to the way out. In the place labeled “doctor’s office”, I find people, limbs, and different body parts in jars suspended in a green liquid. There are a lot of notes on surgical, torture, and experimental methods these methods are not meant to kill. Instead, these are meant to see how much the human body can take. It seems like the people who wanted to live were the ones who survived while the people who gave up ended up dying the most. None of these notes activate a lever neither does picking up any of the jars.
At least this room has keys that I could use to open something and surgical tools to defend myself with. The surgical tools are rusty and bloodied but they’re better than nothing. Where else should I go? Wandering around some more leads me to a mortuary. The room holds many dead bodies with white cloaks over them and a written piece of paper that has the person’s name and cause of death. They all have, “Rest in Peace” written on their forehead and it seems like they were handled with care. This care is extensive with wounds stitched up and their skin clean. I’m not sure to be more or less afraid of the killer now.
I can’t check all of these bodies, so I look around the room then leave to hear screaming in the distance. Should I go to help or continue my search?...I can’t just walk away when I heard someone suffering. Following the source of the screaming leads me to a person being electrocuted by a large doctor with metal pieces sticking out of him. He almost looks like a cyborg from a science fiction movie with all the mechanical replacements for his body. There’s a console that the doctor is using to experiment on his victim with a button controlling the restraints. It’s now or never.
Using all the surgical tools I have, I stab the doctor in the neck, which gets him to back away from the console. Dodging the doctor’s hands, I release the victim and help him to his feet. Since he’s weak, I help him walk to a nearby room.
“Hide here for now. I’ll draw him away.”
The man waves his hand as a response. I exit the room in time to see the doctor looking for us. Taking a nearby piece of concrete, I throw it at the doctor who is now focused on me. I make sure he follows me as I run away. I’m not sure where to hide, but there are plenty of holes in the walls and crevices to hide in. The only question is which one. Ah! I go into the mortuary and hide underneath the tables. When the doctor comes in, he starts to check for me. The blankets cover the corpses are long, so I use this to my advantage as I listen to the doctor’s footsteps to know where he is while peeking up every now and then. Now he’s on the other side of the room while I’m at the exit. Since he’s still looking for me, I use the chance I have to quietly slip away. I don’t think he heard or saw me so I should get away as fast as I can while I have the chance.
When I go back to the room where the injured man was, I find that he’s long gone. I wonder where he could’ve gone. Huh, I just noticed that the key I had on me is gone. Did he take it? He couldn’t have gotten far so I’ll ask him why he took it and what’s it used for. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be able to as I see his fried body thrown across the hallway by the doctor. The man’s body falls apart as it hits me. I’m surprised that the doctor would do this to him when the other bodies had a lot of care put into them. With all the guts and blood on me, I struggle to move and see as I stagger to my feet and try to run as fast as I can.
Unfortunately, I’m not quick enough and the doctor throws a chain around my leg and pulls me in. I struggle with everything I have against the doctor, but nothing works as he drags me into one of his surgical rooms and restrains me on one of his operating tables. Am I really going to die again? Is he going to torture me to death with his experiments until my body gives in?
The doctor puts his cutting tools on the side before saying to me, “What a brave woman and selfless you are! You saved that man at the risk of your own life and you even let him take the key to the exit. I know that you didn’t know that I was watching, but I saw everything!”
“I…I didn’t know that was the key to the exit.”
“And there goes yet another positive personality trait! Even though you could’ve been given credit for something good, you tell the truth and deny doing the good deed. Specimens like you are so fascinating. It’s a shame that I was never able to adopt the same traits as you. Because of this, I will let you live.”
“Y-you will?”
“Yes, but not without causing you a little pain. The powerful force in this dimension won’t let me let you go without some kind of blood sacrifice. This is fine with me because in my experiences as a doctor, it’s a person’s will to live that truly helps them live longer. Us doctors can only extend lives for a short time. I knew this better than the other doctors I worked with, so I tried to help further extend lives through psychological stress and experimentation. Don’t worry about what I’m going to put you through, you’ll survive.”
The doctor takes several cutting tools from his table and puts them up to my head.
“Wait, stop!”
“Just stay calm and as still as possible. You don’t want me cutting anything major.”
With his sharp tools, the doctor slices down my face to my neck then down my body. I can’t help but scream as he does this. He then slices my arms, hands, legs, and feet. After all the cutting he did, I don’t think there isn’t a place that he didn’t cut.
“I’m so glad that you survived! I can’t say most, but a lot of people die when I do this either because they move too much or they die of the pain. Hold on while I numb the pain for you.”
He starts putting some kind of liquid on my wounds. The pain does feel numb, but it still hurts.
“There we go! Now. I’ll help you get to the exit. I have plenty of spare keys here to open it.”
The doctor lets me go out of my restraints and helps me walk to an exit. Why was I sent here, just to suffer at this man’s hand? I have a feeling I was.
“Good luck out there! If I see you again, I’ll be happy to give you another free pass. At the cost of some bloodshed, of course.”
With the door open, the doctor pushes me through it and I’m back in my room. Okay. Let’s see what kind of answer I’ll get. Here we go. Writing is being burned on the wall. It says, “You already know the answer”?
“How do I already know the answer?” I question it.
The walls around my room fall apart and I descend back into the action. My new surroundings appear to be some kind of Eastern or Japanese village. It’s incredibly foggy on top of being dark, which isn’t a good combo especially with my condition. I’m limping because of my injuries that haven’t healed that much. This is going to much more difficult, but I have to make it through this, so I keep limping along and only stop when I feel like I’m going to fall down.
The village itself is quiet with no signs of conflict or death anywhere unlike the previous three places. There’s no blood anywhere in any of the empty houses. It’s as if everyone just got up and left one day and didn’t take any of their things. Huh? I heard something in the fog. That’s my cue to hurry up while being careful. There’s absolutely nothing of interest in these houses except for the weirdly creepy drawings of the families and demons. Huh? I heard a knock at the front door of the house I’m in. When I go to the front, I don’t find anyone and instead find a piece of paper that says, “Now that you’ve read this note, your fate is now afloat. She will find you and when she does she will try to make you turn around, but if you do you will be like her and drown”.
So, the killer has some kind of paranormal powers and I can’t look behind me. Okay, that sounds simple but difficult. What this doesn’t tell me is where the exit is or if there is one. I just hear screaming from behind me. That could be a survivor or a trick. I’m going to go with trick, so I walk into the fog and away from town.
“Help me…”
That came from behind me again. Not going to look. Where am I going? I can’t even find my way back to the village.
“Look behind you.”
Ah! That was directly in my ear, but I’m not going to look behind me. I feel an overwhelming presence behind me that feels as if something is directly behind me. Like something is staring me down and ready to grab me in an instant. Where am I going? I’m walking in a seemingly endless fog. Ah! Now I feel something breathing down my neck.
“Turn around or die.”
That’s not going to happen no matter how I feel! I’m trying to run away as fast as I can. My body is screaming in pain as my injuries fight my efforts to move faster and the adrenaline of fear is starting to give way to my tiredness.
“I’m going to get you…right…about…now…”
No, no, no, no! Before I know it, I’ve limped my way back into my room. I’ve made it! All I had to do was ignore the killer behind me for long enough. Now, where’s my answer? The eye on the moon opens its eye as a message is written on the wall. It says, “The answer to your escape is in your faith”. My faith as in my faith as a Catholic? I don’t know about anything in it that talks about scenarios like this, so there has to be something more, but now I need to sleep…

No comments:

Post a Comment