Wednesday, April 3, 2019

A Sacrifice for the Family: Chapter 3 – Undignified Unity

Chapter 3 – Undignified Unity
“This walk back is longer than I thought.”
“You’re right. I think it might actually be longer.”
“I’m right? I just thought I was getting tired and my patience for being here was wearing thin. Did we accidentally take a wrong turn? This forest does look the same no matter which direction we go. The only thing that really guides us is the vague light in the sky that sort of acts like a beacon and even that I can barely see.”
“Maybe this is like the mansion we were in. There could be some invisible force keeping us going in circles. I’m going to try to use my cross. Hmmm. Nothing. Let’s keep walking. It could just be our imagination then.”
“I hope it is.” I can’t stand magic and tricks that try to give people unfair advantages in life. Also, is it eternally nighttime here? Or is it just like this on the day where they’re executing people? The sky seems to have grown darker. Is it because we haven’t been sacrificed yet? “Hey, Daiki-!” Not again. He’s gone!
“Daiki! Are you out there?” Please be pulling a prank on me. It’s so lonely out here. I don’t want to end up like how I did last time.
“Boo! Ow! Ooow! Calm down! It was just a joke.”
“I’m going to shove your joke up your butt! Don’t you ever leave me again! You’re the one who has the only thing that can protect us!” I give him a hug.
“You go from zero to one hundred a lot, don’t you? Ow!”
“Don’t scare me like that again.”
“Okay, I promise.”
“Thank you.” We keep moving forward…did he just disappear behind a tree? Where did he go? “Daiki?” He’s gone…
He’s a dead man! “Come out Daiki so I can beat your face into the ground!” He has a lot of nerve doing this after he promised not to. I hear him running around. “Face me like a man so I kick you in your manhood!”
“Hello! Sorry I did that to you again. I couldn’t resist!”
I’m surprised what I said got him to appear. Why is he all the way over there? “Stop messing around already! I don’t want to stay here any longer.”
“Sorry but not sorry. Bye!”
I run over to where he is, but he’s gone. Where did he go and how is he doing this?
“Hey!” “Hello!” “Keep up, Sakae!” “Why are you standing there?” “Come on already!”
He keeps reappearing and disappearing. Is this really, Daiki?
“Boo!”
“Ah!” Another me just popped up behind a tree right next to me. “Who are you?”
“I’m you, silly!”
“How? I’m me so you can’t be me.”
“Of course I can. I’m you right now. You know doppelgangers and all that.”
“I don’t believe in superstitions like doppelgangers, so you can’t be me. Try again. Tell me who you are.”
“I’m not convincing enough? Awww. Okay, how about this? I know how many boys you’ve had crushes on, and the number is five. Two have blond hair, one has brown, and the last has black. You even have some feeling for Daiki.”
“How do you know this?”
“I’m you! Aren’t you convinced yet? If you aren’t, how about this? You have feelings of hatred for your family, but you also want to sacrifice your life for them. Don’t lie to me because I know what I think. You’ve had that thought in the back of your head ever since you knew about the sacrifices.”
“Nice try, but what my imagination thinks isn’t what I think. I love my family and want to prove to them that they never had to sacrifice anyone to be happy and successful. I also don’t want to be sacrificed no matter how good things seem for everyone as a result. It’s still wrong. I’ll ask again. Who are you?”
“Me? I’m Sakae! I’m a selfish girl who only cares about herself. I’m also ugly!”
“HEY! I’m not selfish and I’m definitely not ugly! I’m only doing what’s right. Also, you’re the ugly one!”
“That’s what I said! Now we’re or rather I’m, starting to agree with myself.”
“NO! I’m not talking to myself. I’m talking to someone or something else. You can’t fool me.”
“Aww. I thought I almost had you there. Okay, you win. As your reward for resisting me for so long, I’ll reveal who I am.”
“There we go. There’s nothing like living in your own skin.”
“What are you, and why do you look so creepy?”
“I am the unity of several spirits. My name is Tongyi. I watch over these forests and trap anyone inside who hasn’t been executed already. I try to convince people to agree with me and if they do, they’re trapped with me forever. The master of this dimension tells me everything I need to know about you so I can argue you into a corner, but fortunately for you, you were stubborn enough for me to give up.”
“Okay, but where is Daiki? What did you do to him?!”
“Each individual person faces a version of me or us, whatever you want to say. He could be failing as we speak.”
“Don’t you dare hurt him!”
“It’s all in his hands. You’re going to be seeing very soon if he failed or passed. Hahaha!”
“Coward! Come back here so I punch all the different versions of yourself! I still need to beat you for calling me ugly!”
I hope Daiki is alright. “Daiki! Are you out there? Did you beat Tongyi? Daiki?”
“Sakae! I’m sorry for leaving you again! This thing called Tongyi caught me in a trap and…oh. You aren’t mad?”
I give him a hug. “I was so worried about you. I’m sorry I said I worried about you just because you have the only thing that can protect us. I’m worried about you as well.”
“Um. Ok?  I kind of already assumed you meant that.”
“You did? I’m so glad. Let’s get out of here. I don’t want to spend another minute in this forest.”
“Me neither, and uh, Sakae? Can you stop hugging me so much? I know you want to show your appreciation, but-”
 “What? You don’t like them?”
“No, it’s not that. It’s uhh…nothing.”

“Okay!” He better not of said that he didn’t like them, otherwise, I would’ve had to beat him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment