Monday, February 11, 2019

Manga the Manga Maniac: Epilogue - Promises Kept

Epilogue – Promises Kept
*Maggie has been walking for hours now in the rain with regret in her heart even though she hopes for a better future. The area around her becomes more noticeably darker until she finds herself in complete darkness with nothing around her. She takes out her sword and cautiously walks around until she decides to put her sword away*
Maggie – I don’t care what happens. If I’m going to die, then I’ll let it happen.
*Suddenly, a figure comes into view. It’s a man with a red hoodie, black pants, black hair, and black empty eyes. His skin isn’t as light as hers though it does appear to be pale*
Maggie – Who are you?
Kyle – My name is Kyle. Some call me Kyle the Cosmic Comic Hero.
Maggie – I’m-
Kyle – I know who you are. You’re Maggie the Manga Maniac.
Maggie – Manga Maniac? No one ever called me that. Not even my sister.
Kyle – It’s your title for your book.
Maggie – What are you talking about?
Kyle – I’m guessing you aren’t a fourth wall breaking character like me. Seeing as how we’re meeting, you’re who Albert promised me.
Maggie – Who?
Kyle – The writer who created you.
Maggie – You mean God?
Kyle – Hahaha! Hardly.
Maggie – I don’t understand anything you’re saying.
Kyle – I don’t expect you to. I’ll explain everything to you after this.
Maggie – After what?
Kyle – Will you be my girlfriend?
*Maggie’s face becomes blush red*
Maggie – Huh?! What?! Why are you asking that? You don’t even know me.
Kyle – I know everything about you. I read your story from beginning to end.
Maggie – Prove it.
Kyle – I know about you killing your mother over and over again. I know about “Maxi”. I know that you killed your sister because you were selfish.
Maggie – How do you know this?
Kyle – I told you. I read your story.
Maggie – So I really am I character in a book.
Kyle – Now you get it.
Maggie – And you’re a character from a comic book.
Kyle – I’d barely call it a comic. It’s more like a script for one.
Maggie – But why do you want to be with me?
Kyle – Because we were brought together for this reason. We have more in common than you think. We both fought people we loved and killed them for selfish reasons. We both have almost unbeatable powers. I think if we gave it a shot then we would be perfect together or at least that’s what Albert thinks.
Maggie – Hmmm. Okay. Besides, I don’t think I’ll get a man to fall in love with me. I look like a freak.
Kyle – Don’t say that. I think you’re beautiful.
*Maggie’s face turns redder and she mumbles responses out loud but can’t form words*
Maggie – Haha. You must have some weird tastes.
Kyle – I do.
*Kyle takes Maggie’s hand*
Kyle – You ready to go?
*Maggie grips Kyle’s hand*
Maggie – Ready!

The End
Kyle – It took you long enough to write this story.
Albert – What can I say? I had other stories that I wanted to complete first.
Kyle – When was the last time we talked? August fourth twenty-seventeen when Damien got his book out? You sure took your time getting to this story.
Albert – Don’t complain about it. Hey, you finally got what I told you I’d give you.
Kyle – Yeah, but are we going to go on any adventures together?
Albert – Maybe. It depends if I can come up with any. Besides, do you really want to be in another story after reading the one I just wrote?
Kyle – Okay, fine, but if you do make a story with us as the main characters, you better make it a happy one!
Albert – I’ll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment