Saturday, February 9, 2019

Maggie the Manga Maniac: Volume 2 - Euthanasia


Volume 2 – Euthanasia
*The sisters only have a month of normalcy before their mother comes back from the grave to try to corrupt them again. Because of their first encounter, they are able to defeat her without as much trouble as last time, however, their mother comes back again the next week. Their mother then starts regularly coming back twice a week to fight them. The city becomes a battleground with it being constantly acted by sinister forces that only the sisters and their teacher can handle. For the good of the city, the authorities kick them out at least until they can resolve the situation with Maylene. The sisters and their teacher are chasing the source of spirits and Maylene by going in the direction they come from. They hope that this will lead them to the source of their problems. Right now, they are on a deserted road to avoid getting people involved in their fight*
Maggie – Just die for the final time already…
*Maggie has killed her mother for an unknown amount of times. Her mother has been shedding tears after every death, which has been getting to all three women. After Maylene’s body dissipates into the wind, Maggie stands with her sword planted in the ground where she impaled her mother*
Maggie – ‘Why do I need to keep suffering like this? Why can’t I live a normal, happy life?’
*Lily finds her sister and puts her hand on her sister’s shoulder and smiles. Maggie manages to give a faint smile back before rejoining Lily and Siri on their quest*
Siri-senpai – I thought that being an old lady and your teacher would mean that I would be carrying our supplies through on the road.
Lily – You can’t face our mother in a one-on-one fight like we can since we’ve been fighting her so much.
Siri-senpai – That doesn’t mean you can’t carry something!
Lily – We need to be on guard especially since the frequency of attacks has been steadily increasing.
Siri-senpai – Since when did you become our leader?
*Lily bops Siri on the head with the butt of her gun*
Siri-senpai – What did you do that for?!
Lily – For all the times you bopped us on the head for no good reason!
*Maggie can’t help but laugh no matter how hard she tries to contain it*
Siri-senpai – I’m going to give you a good reason when I have a hand free! Don’t you dare disrespect your teacher!
Lily – This isn’t disrespect. It’s payback!
Maggie – Come on, Lily. Apologize then let’s go.
Siri-senpai – I’ll let this go if you listen to your younger sister.
Lily – Okay, fine. I’m sorry, senpai.
Siri-senpai – I forgive you. Maggie.
Lily – Huh?
*Maggie hits Lily on the head*
Siri-senpai – I forgive you now, Lily.
Lily – Traitor! Is this what your older sister gets for picking up for us?
Maggie – Let’s go already.
Lily – Fine.
*The three women come to a crossroad where they notice smoke in the air. They follow the road and come across a destroyed town in flames and everyone is dead. Maggie is shocked by the destruction in the town and falls to her knees in tears*
Lily – What happened here?
Siri-senpai – It looks like it doesn’t matter where we go. Maylene and the sinister force controlling her is going to cause death and destruction even if we stay away from populated areas.
*Maggie begins wandering the city while Lily and Siri are looking around. She gazes at the burned and dismembered bodies scattered around the city. A huddled pair of bodies in an alleyway catches her attention the most. Maggie walks down the alley to see what looks to be a mother shielding her daughters. Of course, they were dead, but it appears that the mother did her best to protect them*
Maylene – This is the way I want to be. This is the way I’ve always wanted to be.
Maggie – Mom…Why do you have to be like this?
Maylene – Because I wanted the power to protect everything that I held dear. I wanted to give you a good life. What you have now is not what you deserve. Please, let me give you what you want. What you need.
Maggie – I don’t trust you.
Maylene – It’s because of Siri and her lies. What happiness has she given you? Your life is miserable because of her. Your sister doesn’t help much and just goes along with what Siri says. Try as she might, she won’t protect you from what really hurts you the most. I can protect you from that in the way only a mother can.
Maggie – I still don’t know. Do you remember how many times we fought? How many times I’ve killed you?
*Maylene hugs her daughter for the first time in her life. Maggie is taken by surprise and tries freeing herself*
Maylene – Shhh. I’m not going to do anything.
*Maylene pets Maggie’s head to soothe her until Maggie stops resisting*
Maggie – ‘I don’t feel any kind of magic or sorcery being used on me. What’s going on?’
*Maylene continues embracing her daughter until she starts to cry. This makes Maggie hug her mother*
Maylene – I’m so sorry, Maggie…
Maggie – Mom…
Maylene – This is the only moment I’ve been able to talk to you as myself. Don’t trust what I said before and what I say after. I don’t think I can ever regain my senses again until you kill me again.
*Maggie holds onto her mother tighter as tears begin to flow from her face*
Maggie – Mom…
Maylene – I love you, Maggie. I’m glad that I finally got to hold you. Tell Lily I love her too.
Maggie – Mom…
Maylene – I only have a little while to talk so I’ll make this quick. The source of the sinister power that keeps bringing me back is underneath this city. Go all the way down near the center of the earth and destroy it. I know your sister and you can do this. Here, take this last bit of power I hold.
*Maylene kisses Maggie’s forehead and a large amount of power is transferred into Maggie’s soul*
Maylene – Even when I’m gone, you will always have me with you. I have to go now.
Maggie – Mommy…please…
Maylene – I’m so sorry, Maggie.
*Maylene struggles to get out of Maggie’s grasp while she’s crying. Eventually, she gets free at the same time Lily and Siri find the two. Maylene jumps to the roof of the destroyed building as Lily and Siri have their weapons drawn. Maggie is curled up in a ball on the ground while she cries*
Siri-senpai – What happened here?
*Lily embraces her sister*
Lily – What happened, Maggie?! What did she do to you?! I’ll kill-
*Maggie reaches out to where her mother was*
Maggie – Mom!!!!!!
*She then begins to scream as power builds within her. Maggie continuously beats the ground with her sword in anger and anguish. The ground shakes with each impact as destroyed buildings begin falling apart. Lighting and thunder fills the sky as Maggie’s power is unleashed*
Lily – What’s going on, Maggie?!
Siri-senpai – Get away from her!
*Siri pulls away Lily as Maggie breaks the ground beneath her. Maggie keeps hitting it and hitting it until most of the ground beneath her is disintegrated leaving a giant crater where the city once stood. Once her power is spent, Maggie faints in mid-air as she falls into the crater she created. Lily and Siri catch her as Siri uses her hair and kimono to slow their fall. Lily lays Maggie down when they land and holds her. After a couple seconds, Maggie comes to her senses and wakes up then looks around*
Maggie – What happened? Did I cause this?
Siri-senpai – Yes, you did. What did Maylene do to you?
Maggie – Mom was herself for a few seconds and gave me some of her power. She hugged me and told me that she loved Lily and me. She also told me that the source of the sinister power controlling her is beneath us near the center of the earth. All we have to do is keep going down to find it.
*Siri puts her hands on Maggie to cleanse her of any evil power but finds none*
Siri-senpai – Hmm. It looks like Maylene didn’t put any curses on you, at least none that I can sense.
Lily – So what happened?
Siri-senpai – Maylene was conscious and gave Maggie whatever power she could to do this.
Lily – You’re so lucky Maggie! How come she didn’t give me any of her power?
Maggie – You didn’t find her by yourself. Besides, we shouldn’t focus on that right now. We need to free mom from her curse.
Siri-senpai – Maggie is right, Lily.
Lily – I never thought my little sister would become stronger than me.
Maggie – Of course I would become stronger than you. All you use are pistols while I practice with a sword.
Lily – That doesn’t mean anything. I still practice my kicks and punches. I mean just look at my figure.
Maggie – Look at you? Look at me!
*Siri is taken aback but the sisters’ ability to argue with each other in the situation they’re in*
Lily – What about you? Your figure isn’t much to look at.
Maggie – What was that?!
Lily – You heard me. You know who gets more attention.
Maggie – Yeah, I don’t attract pedophiles like you do.
Lily – Stop bringing that up! I’ll mess you up!
Maggie – Oh yeah? I just created this crater by myself! What do you think is going to happen to you if I flick you and don’t control my power?
Siri-senpai – Can you use that power so we can finally put Maylene out of her misery?
Maggie – Oh. That’s right.
Maylene – I can’t allow you to do that, Maggie.
Siri-senpai – Oh shit.
*Hundreds of copies of Maylene appear in the large crater*
Maylene – You won’t be able to defeat me now. You’re so close to your goal, and yet, so far. This ends now.
Maggie – You’ve got that right, mom.
*Maggie’s power begins overflowing again as she hits the ground with her sword, which takes the ground out underneath. Everyone is floating in midair now and plummeting to the ground*
Lily – Damn, Maggie! Give us a heads-up next time.
*Lily uses her upgraded pistols to shoot at the copies of her mother in the sky*
Maggie – I’m going to keep burying down until we get to the sinister force controlling mom. How’s that for a heads up?
Siri-senpai – Be careful with your new power Maggie!
Maggie – Oh, I will.
*Maggie flies through the air, cutting through the copies of her mother at high speeds while Lily manages to hold her own against multiple copies*
Maylene – It’s a shame that you have to let the kids fight for you, old lady.
Siri-senpai – This “old lady” still has a couple of tricks up her sleeves.
*Siri’s blade hair and kimono double then triple themselves, which allows Siri to fight off multiple copies of Maylene at once. Lily and Siri cover Maggie from the copies of Maylene that sneak up on her as she rapidly descends to the ground. Before Maggie hits the ground, she front flips in midair multiple times before smashing the ground with her sword. The ground completely disintegrates beneath everyone as they continue to fall. Dark spirits that were part of the ground are freed. Some are killed by Maggie’s attack while others go on the attack against the three women*
Lily – Good job, Maggie!
Maggie – Stop complaining and help me!
*Lily and Maggie combine their powers like they did in the first fight against their mother and tear through the copies of their mother and the dark spirits. They beat their enemies into the ground and break through it, which reveals a large demon composed of tentacles. It has six eyes, three mouths, and a large glowing red eye in the center of its forehead. The demon has four tentacle arms and two large legs. The three women manage to safely land. The evil spirits disappear along with the copies of Maylene*
Demon – I’ve been waiting for you two, Maggie and Lily. I am Roku.
Maggie – You’re the bastard that corrupted our mother!
Roku – She wanted power, she found me, and I gave it to her. It was all your mother’s decision.
Maggie – Liar!
Roku – Your mother wanted the power to protect only what she treasured. Even the worst sinners protect the people dear to them. She lies to herself when she says that she doesn’t want to spread her power to you.
Lily – Shut up!
*Lily transforms her pistols into magnums by pressing a button on them that makes them turn inside out. She shoots at the demon, which makes it flinch, but causes no major damage. Maggie and Siri begin their attack as well*
Roku – This is the truth whether you like it or not.
*Maggie and Siri attack Roku. His tentacles take the brunt of their attacks then push them back*
Roku – Regardless of your resistance, Maylene and I’s wishes will be granted.
*Roku sends out his tentacles to engage the three women with Maylene on it. Fighting the almost countless number of tentacles is difficult for Lily, Maggie, and Siri especially with Maylene on its side*
Roku – Give up. It’s pointless to resist.
Maggie – No way! I’m going to side with a bunch of hentai tentacles! Lily!
Lily – Let’s do it!
*Maggie and Lily combine their powers to blast away their mother and Roku’s tentacles*
Siri-senpai – ‘Why am I even here if you girls can just support yourselves? Who am I kidding? This just means my role as a teacher is complete.’
Roku – You’re stronger than I expected, but you’re no match for my power.
*Roku’s tentacles come together to form a giant ball of fire, which it then fires as a beam at the sisters. Unable to avoid it, the sisters cover each other in defense. Siri leaps in front of them and begins performing a special ritual*
Maggie & Lily – Siri-senpai!
Siri-senpai – Don’t worry girls. Your old master has this.
Lily – What are you doing?
Siri-senpai – I’m using a special exorcism ritual. If this is going to go down the way I think it is…It was an honor to train you two to your full potential. You’ve surpassed me in almost every regard. The one thing that I want you to remember from my teachings is that…I love you girls.
Maggie & Lily – Siri-senpai?
*Siri absorbs the humongous fire beam into her chest. Once it is gone, she dies*
Maggie & Lily – Siri-senpai!
*The sisters try bringing their master back to life, but are unable to, so they cry over her body. The sight of her dead master has Maylene struggling to regain control of herself, which makes Roku struggle to keep her under his control. Lily holds Maggie’s hands*
Lily – No, Maggie…We can’t give up now. Not now after Siri-senpai’s sacrifice.
*Maggie looks into her sister’s eyes. Lily fights through her tears and sorrow to show her sister a strong face, which gives both Maggie confidence*
Maggie – Lily…
Lily – We can do this together, Maggie.
Maggie – Can we? This is different than last time…
Lily – But we’re also stronger than last time. We can do this! Just trust your older sister.
*Lily’s look of resolve gets Maggie to wipe away her tears and stand up*
Maggie – Okay. I will!
Lily – Let’s rock then.
*The sister’s increased bond has combined them together into a single entity, Mali. Even though Lily is the older sister, Mali primarily has Maggie’s looks, sword, and personality*
Roku – What is this?
Mali – You can call us Mali, and this is where you die.
*Mali sprints at Roku faster than a car and slashes through the demon’s tentacles like a knife through butter. She fights off all the evil spirits and copies of Maylene all by herself while unleashing her newfound power*
Roku – What is this?!
Mali – The power of sisterly love.
*Mali uses the power Maylene gave to Maggie to hit Roku on the center of the head to blow it up. Maylene’s last clone begins to disintegrate. Her appearance goes back to the way it once was before she was possessed. Maggie and Lily go back to normal and go to their fading mother. Maylene smiles as she’s finally free. She holds out her hands and silently awaits a hug from her daughters. Despite having no real relationship with their mother, the sisters cry and hug their mother as she leaves the world. The ground beneath the sisters then starts getting build up and restored. It lifts them to the normal ground level then comes to life with grass, trees, and flowers with a single blue rose where their mother was, and a purple rose where Siri was*
Lily – I guess this is it, isn’t it?
Maggie – I hope so. I’d hate to keep fighting our mother for the rest of my life.
Lily – Me too. Well…I guess it’s time to get back home.
Maggie – What? That’s it?
Lily – This isn’t one of your crappy manga Maggie. You aren’t going to get a husband out of fighting a demon.
Maggie – I wish I did.
Lily – But weren’t you talking to a guy before we left the city?
Maggie – Weren’t you talking to several guys?
Lily – Okay. We’re going there, aren’t we?
*The sisters begin walking back home*
Maggie – Of course we are since they look way older than you.
Lily – Says the girl who knows about tentacle hentai.
Maggie – I just know about it because how can you not in the manga, anime community! It’s not like I watch it!
Lily – Are you sure about that? Some of the books you read do seem pretty raunchy.
Maggie – No they aren’t!
Lily – Yes, they are.
Maggie – No. They aren’t!
Lily – Yes. They are.
Maggie – Your outfits are slutty!
Lily – Ugh! Says the girl with a boob window in her outfit and a cut in her skirt!
Maggie – At least I show less skin than you.
Lily – Oh shut up already!
*Again, like always, the sisters fight each other. Meanwhile, near the center of the earth, several sinister forces gather together*
Incubus – One of us has died because of those two sisters.
Demon – We must do something about them to avenge our fallen brother!
Succubus – I already have several strong fighters under my control. We could throw all of our forces at them at once. They won’t stand a chance.
Head Demon – You're right.
*The head demon with six faces stands up*
Head Demon - No one will.

End of Volume 2

Here's another great song from an anime, Overfly from Sword Art Online. Amalee's English dubs are fantastic and you should definitely check out her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment