Sunday, May 6, 2018

Unknown for a Reason - Ending - No one to live for, No reason to fear.

Link to get the full story - https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/824698


Chapter 5 – No one to live for, No reason to fear.
It takes a lot of walking through a dead city to make it to the planet drills. There are a few here already fully filled, so I just take one and begin the plunge into the planet’s core.  It’s a wonder that the materials from this planet didn’t affect anyone on Earth and are useful resources. I guess we processed it enough to the point where the effects of it disappeared or maybe everything needs to be together like this in order to affect people. Whatever the case is, I hope that humanity doesn’t make this mistake again, but I could be wrong. We always want more resources and things to keep us happy.
Suddenly, a get a video transmission from…Nova?
She says on the video, “Turn back, lucky charm. Just go home and leave behind what happened here. Live a new life. Be happy without me.”
Nova…N-no! This is just a hallucination.
“Do it!” Nova says before grabbing my throat through the video.
H-how? No! This is just in my head!
“Are you sure?”
Yes! Get out of my head!
I snap out of it to see that I was strangling myself and the video wasn’t really there. I’m not going to stop. Nothing’s going to make me stop!
I finally cut through the planet’s crust and now I’m in an ocean of blood. There are flesh and other things floating around in here, so it’s difficult to see where I’m going. I use the submarine’s seismic detector and zero in on the heart. Wait, what’s that. Some of the floating flesh pieces are coming for me. They look like fish at the bottom of the Earth’s ocean. I activate the submarine’s defense turrets to keep them off. Since there are so many, some get through my defenses and start tearing at my submarine. Let’s see buttons, buttons, do something! I’m a repairman and a modifier, not a submarine driver. Oh, here we go. I hit a button that activates a shield that repels away the fish Carrion. With that out of the way, my path should be clear-oh what the hell is coming for me now?
In the distance I can see a huge chunk of flesh, coming for me. It stops right in front of me and looks like the Kraken of old legends. It grabs my submarine and tries to rip it apart. My shields are holding up, but I don’t know how long it will last. My turrets aren’t doing anything it so maybe this option will work. I increase the speed of the submarine and aim it directly at the Kraken’s mouth. Let’s see if you can chew on this! The submarine’s speed makes it slip through the Kraken’s grasp and tear through the back of its mouth. Ha, I crack open the Kraken! Get it? Hahaha, I’m so fucking tired right now.
I’ve finally broken through the planet’s crust and now I’m what seems to be the main core since there’s a heart-looking thing in the center. I put on the diver’s suit and take my handheld minigun with me. This is it. I unleash all of the energy in my minigun by removing its power limiter. The gun rips through the heart, but it keeps taking flesh from the planet itself to stay alive. It keeps repairing and repairing as everything around me start to implode. Come on! Just die already...Uh…my minigun just overheated and blew up my arm.
The infection takes over part of my body and gives me sharp appendages and mutates the rest of my body. Now I look like the Carrion with a few extra cutting limbs.
“Join us,” I can hear the Carrion saying over and over in my head.
N…n…noooooooo! I’m more than flesh and blood! I’m human! I use my new limbs to cut up the core of this planet. Again, it tries to regenerate and even tries to stop me by trying to absorb me, but it’s no use. I’ve reached its core and tore it up. This is the end. Everything on this planet is falling apart including my body. I did it, Nova. This nightmare is over.
“John? It’s time to go now, lucky charm,” I can hear Nova saying.
She lifts me up and I wake up in a new world as the light blinds me.


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment