Friday, August 7, 2020

Beauty in Justice: Chapter 2 – Princess of Justice

 

Chapter 2 – Princess of Justice

Upon entering the cave in the mountain, Jane waits for something to happen. Nothing does.

“Hello? My name is Jane and I think you’ve been waiting for me?” Jane timidly asks.

She can see something large move in the darkness and is startled for a second before realizing what it is.

“It’s time then,” a dark voice says as a giant black and red wasp step out of the darkness.

“Mors, you were real. You were always real. How come you never told me that you were?”

“It wasn’t time.”

“What do you mean? The letter from my parents says that you were supposed to keep me safe and give me my purpose in life.”

“Your family at the orphanage gave you that. They’re enough to keep you happy and motivated, aren’t they?”

“They are, but they can’t explain this!” Jane says while pointing all over her body.

“They pointed you in the right direction, and my purpose will be now be fulfilled. I will tell you everything that has been kept from you until now. You are royalty. Part of a sacred order of peacekeepers that enter places filled with corruption to purify them. A princess of justice and your throne is a seat of justice prepared for you since your birth.”

“You call it sacred, but do I look sacred to you? I command insects to eat people from the outside and inside.”

“All of God’s creation is good. These insects may appear disgusting, but they have their purpose in God’s grand plan. Also, I didn’t know you had such a low opinion of me.”

“No! Not at all! I just…don’t see it too well.”

“There is beauty and goodness in everything God has created. Even in creatures such as I.”

“You called me a princess of justice. Does that mean I’ll have to bring justice to the state?”

“Yes, this corrupted place is poisoning the country and must be purged.”

“What about mercy? Doesn’t God prefer mercy to justice?”

“There is mercy in this. I will show it to you Climb up.”

Jane climbs up onto Mors and they fly through the sky. At first, Jane is afraid of flying until she gets used to it and starts to enjoy it. Mors sees this and flies through the trees, does a loop, barrel roll, and other tricks to make her enjoy flying more. He looks up to see the smile on her face and she gives him a thankful face. She then looks forward as Mors lands on top of a decrepit church that still sits on top of a hill. This view overlooks three surrounding cities.

“Give the command and justice will fall on the wicked,” Mors says.

“What about the good people inside of it?”

“The few that were there have either recently left or are dead. This place will be utterly destroyed.”

“Right…” Jane feels nervous and hesitant about doing anything as the lives of thousands of people are in her hand waiting to die. “So, uh, what should I do? Just hold out my hand like last time?”

“Yes, but you will also have to sing at the same time. A princess’s servants attend to her most when she sings.”

“Uh…is there really no other option for these people? Can they still repent in the time that they have left?”

“They can though it is unlikely that they will.”

“Is there anything I can do to change that?”

“Sing a song of repentance. They will hear it echoing throughout the streets.”

“Okay, then here goes nothing.”

As soon as Jane raises her hand, swarms of insects of all sizes come out of the ground and charge towards the cities. They begin to destroy whatever and whoever they find. To try to save as many people as possible, Jane begins to sing.

 

“Listen to the voice inside

The one that you try to hide

It's God trying to save you

Turn away from your sins and begin anew

 

Your death is quickly approaching

Turn Back! Turn Back!

The devil is here to claim his own

Turn Back! Turn Back!

 

Listen!

I know how hard it can be

But I don't want to watch you bleed

Listen!

Repent of your sins

This is where justice begins”

 

While Jane is singing, she can see and hear what is happening in the cities through the second pair of eyes on her head and her antenna. She bears the horror as she continues to sing.

 

“Hide from the wrath of God

Hear me all you sinners and frauds

Submit yourselves now or face Hell

Pride is how the devil fell

 

Your death is quickly approaching

Turn Back! Turn Back!

The devil is here to claim his own

Turn Back! Turn Back!

 

Listen!

I know how hard it can be

But I don't want to watch you bleed

Listen!

Repent of your sins

This is where justice begins

 

This is your last chance to kneel and repent

Or this will be your final descent

This is your last chance to kneel and repent

Or this will be your final descent

 

Listen!

 

Listen!

I know how hard it can be

But I don't want to watch you bleed

Listen!

Repent of your sins

This is where justice begins

 

Listen, Listen!

Listen, Listen!”

 

The insects’ rampage continues without any sign of slowing down. In fact, it seems to be getting worse because of the residents of the cities cursing God and praying to their gods for help.

Thinking that things won’t get better, Jane asks Mors, “Isn’t there any way to make them repent?”

Mors stares into the distance as if ignoring what Jane said.

“What about buying them more time? Surely, this display of God’s judgment will do something.”

Mors turns to silently look at Jane. She can hardly hold up her hand as continues to hear and watch people suffer.

“Please…”

The rampage continues until an entire city is consumed. Once this happens, the insects stop on their own and back off from their prey and quietly move to the destroyed city and occupy it.

“Your sorrow and agony in seeing the suffering of sinners are used as a temporary sacrifice to hold off the eradication of the rest of them, but they will be gone by tomorrow. God’s justice will no longer be staved off passed then.”

“Whew! I don’t think I can handle this. Why does it have to be me? Why can’t God or you command His insects to enact justice for him?”

“Because you are a vessel for God’s power and a witness to these events. A witness to others of God’s mercy and justice.”

“Did my parents have the same blessing?”

“No, but they had power over disease, death, decay, starvation, and other similar horrors.”

“Why didn’t they use it when they were attacked?”

“The blessings are only given to them for a limited time for a specific purpose. They cannot access the blessings before or after it.”

“But why did God allow them to die?”

“God only knows. He hasn’t told me and thus doesn’t want you to know. Be confident in the fact that God can bring good out of evil.”

“I get that, but…still.”

“I see what you are having difficulty with. Therefore, I will bring you to the man God has prepared to be your husband.”

“What? A hu-husband?” Jane says as begins to blush.

“Yes. What is a princess without her prince? He has been trained to accompany you through your purpose in life.”

“Who is it? Do I know him?”

“You do, but I’m not going to spoil who it is. All I can say is that we’re going to break him out of prison.”

“Oh, we’re-wait, what?”

Jane continues to ask about her husband to be is and Mors doesn’t answer her. Instead, she’s left to ponder who the man could be with a bad feeling of who it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment