Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Memoirs of the Mad Maids: Entry 4 - Bianca Biscia

Entry 4 – Bianca Biscia
My work may not seem that important because of the small places I clean, but I’m the most important part of the plan to free all of us from this place, or at least that’s what Vera said. Should I say Mistress Vera now? It doesn’t matter because I have a feeling that the next guest will be the last. Everything is set up to give them the clues they need to free us from this evil place. Some of the other girls and guys might’ve given up hope, but I haven’t.
I arrived here one day after my family’s carriage got into an accident and fell down a mountain. When I came to, I was in this castle being cared for by the maids. I was told that my life was saved because the master likes little girls, which I don’t like the sound of. After a week, I found out that my parents, friends, and possessions were used to feed the castle. I’ve spent every single day of my life trying to mess up the master’s plans. Even though our plans have failed so far, it doesn’t mean that we won’t eventually succeed. The guests get closer and closer every time they appear.
“Ms. Bianca!”
“Coming, Ms. Vera!”
“There you are! I sometimes forget about fast you can move. What’s with all the scratching I hear up there? You aren’t doing your drawings up there are you?”
“No, not at all. Why would I draw when I’m supposed to be working?”
“I’m just checking. You know how important your role is.”
“I do and I’m doing my best!”
“That’s what I wanted to hear.”
“You still have to be making your rounds, Ms. Nera!”
“Will do, Ms. Azzura! Now, go back to your duties.”
“I should say the same thing to you! Hahaha.”
“Haha, I will.”
Every day I scratch the walls of the castle to get to its fleshy roots. These hidden roots in the walls give the master an idea of what is happening around the castle and cutting these dulls those senses. We’re not sure if he knows about this or if he lets us do this because he’s confident of his abilities. All we know is that it’s easier for people to get far into the castle when we cut more roots, so I’m going to keep cutting until I cut them all. I want to make this master pay as much as possible for what he’s done to my family, everyone who’s come here, and me.
Argh! The master keeps trying to influence my mind, but I’m not going to let it. This is a fight that I keep fighting every day. I may slip every now and then because it’s never-ending, but I’m not going to give up! The other girls may have, and some don’t have control over their bodies like I do. I keep telling them it’s all a mental and spiritual kind of thing that they have to keep under control, and no one listens to me.
“Ms. Bianca?”
“Oh, hi Ms. Gialla. What are you doing up here?”
“I’m assigned to help you clean today. You seem to be doing a great job so far.”
“Thank you so much!”
“Let’s get this done early so we can play together! Oh! Wait for me!”
“Come on, slowpoke! Haha!”
Gialla and I clean the small tunnels together while also doing our real job. We get mostly everything done until the guest bell rings. It’s time. We all go down to greet the guest, who’s a young woman. One of the girls goes down to give her a tour of the castle, like always, while we go back to work. After Gialla and I get done, we take a rest in the break room where only the fastest of workers stay to rest until reassigned or until dinner time.
Since the room is mostly empty, “I think we should go check on our guest, Ms. Gialla. You know to see if she’s okay.”
“I don’t think I’ll be able to without being caught because I’m not as small as you are. Plus, I’m an older sister so they’re probably going to reassign me to do something else soon. You can go and check on her by yourself.”
“Okay. I’ll make sure she gets far.”
I leave the break room and head towards the tour route that the maid is supposed to be taking the girl on. She isn’t anywhere near the route when I find her, which is a good sign. She’s carrying a sword with her and has cuts in her outfit. It looks like she’s been through the fitting room where girls are forced in the bodies of mannequins so that the master can have control over our body and mind. I’ve heard that if he dies then we all die with him. That’s fine with me as long as he stays dead.
The girl does a good job of dodging the traps set for her and picking up the notes, so she understands where she has to go and what she has to do. Further into the castle, she comes across two working maids.
“Hey, miss! What are you doing here?”
“Where is your guide?”
“Where are your dress and mask? Shouldn’t you have tried it on already?”
A trap springs on the two maids that traps them against the wall. That worked perfectly. There should be more traps out there for the maids especially ones near the alarms. As she makes it further into the castle, the traps become more difficult to avoid, but she manages to slip by them. She’s almost to the door leading to the center of the castle now. The guards near the door are slightly hindered by the traps set for them, but not restrained. She can’t hold her own against the guards, so I step in to knock one down to make it pin the other down.
“Finish them off!” I tell her.
She does what I say as my body begins to work against me.
“Who are you, little girl?”
“It doesn’t…matter. Just…go. Cut the…roots. Cut…the heart.”
“I will!”
I watch as the girl enters the door leading the to center. She cuts at the roots in the long hallway to the center to lessen the power of the master. Meanwhile, I struggle to regain control of myself. When the master knows that someone acts out of line, he enforces his control on his subjects. He’s in my head and my body is not responding to me. The other maids come this way in response to the alarm that has been triggered by the center door opening.
“Vera! Azzura!”
“Don’t worry, Bianca. We’ve got this!”
The maids, who are in control of themselves, move to help the girl while I’m still struggling. I want my shot at that devil. It takes a little while, but I manage to break off my mannequin legs. I’m not as fast without my legs though I still manage to make it to the center to see the fight finish. Vera, Azzura, and other maids defend the girl from the vines as she stabs the master’s heart.
Everything and everyone start to fall apart into rose petals. The girl is more confused than ever as to what is happening, but she stops frantically moving around to say thank you and a prayer to everyone for helping her including me. I can only give her a smile as the rest of my body becomes rose petals and my soul leaves its shell. It’s over and I can finally see my family and friends again. I can see them now as a matter of fact as the rest of the maids and butlers come with me to meet those we were taken from.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment