Thursday, September 20, 2018

Choices Reap Consequences Chapter 5 - Confession then Absolution

Chapter 5 – Confession then Absolution
Now more directionless than ever, Jorge walks the streets of Hillside City waiting for something to happen. There is something urging him to go forward in a certain direction. A light that he can barely see ahead of him that’s bright enough for only the soul to notice. The screams of the executioner announce its approach and Jorge is not as afraid to face it this time. It lands in front of him and raises its ax with all four of its hands in a praying position. With nothing left to his life, Jorge closes his eyes and allows the executioner to strike him. Once it does, another body of Jorge’s falls to the ground behind him as the ax phases through him. The old Jorge burns into ashes as the new one lives on.
The Divine Executioner now looks more like an actual angel with its wings back and a more human look to it. It bows before Jorge and he bows in return.
The mouth on Jorge’s head says, “You know, people see angels as devils when they try to tear away their possessions that are causing their souls to decay. They're trying to free your soul from the vices that lead you to ruin. Thankfully, you were able to be freed.”
“What’s going to happen now? Why do I still see you and the executioner?”
“You’re going to need our help with something that’s coming up.”
“What? When? Or is that a dumb question?”
“Actually, you’re going to need our help right now. Look behind you.”
A group of people is running towards Jorge. They appear to be the same people who were trying to take the ten million dollars off of him. They’re smug since he doesn’t move from where he is. Right now, they can’t see the executioner, but they do once it strikes the ground. They all look up to it and scream in terror. They call the angel a devil, a demon, and a monster as they try to uselessly fight against it. The executioner hangs several people and mercilessly hits them with its ax. They can’t take the sight of their previous body nor can they stand losing the vices that give them so much joy. The ruckus gets the attention of the cops that were looking for these criminals.
A group of officers arrive to find a bunch of people gone mad scraping the ground while Jorge stands above them and is trying to walk around them. The police arrest the many criminals and bring in Jorge who says that his parents were killed, and he needed a place to go. The families of his friends actually called the police after the shooting and are coming to the police station to see Jorge. While he is waiting, Jorge admits to the police that he was one of the people who caught the million dollars that were flying in the air. The chief of police, Harley, talks to him personally in her office.
She asks, “Do you still have the money with you?”
“N-no, I let go of it because having it got my family and friends killed.”
“I don’t know why you had to confess then. Do you still feel guilty?”
“I do.”
“Well, you shouldn’t. You did something that not many people would do.”
“Are you going to arrest me?”
“I don’t see a reason too. That money you had was blood money anyhow held by a person we didn’t exactly like so I’ll give you a pass.”
“Really?”
“Of course.”
“Thank you so much.”
“What do you want to be when you grow up?”
“I uh. I don’t really know yet.”
“That’s fine. Not many kids do at your age. Maybe you should be a police officer when you grow up. We could use officers who can make hard decisions like you do.”
“I’ll think about it.”
“Just keep it in mind. We have a lot of women in the force who like men like you. How did you get in that situation with all those criminals at your feet?”
“It’s complicated to explain.”
“Then make it as simple as possible.”
“It involves the Divine Executioner that hit them with an ax that killed a part of them and there was a mouth on the back of my head that liked to talk a lot and-”
“Okay, stop. Make it less complicated.”
“I don’t know how to.”
“It’s fine. I understand what you went through.”
The families of Jorge’s friends knock on Harley’s door.
“Come in.”
The families tell Jorge how thankful they are that he’s alive, but he shakes their hearts when he admits that he was the reason why their children died. They don’t know what to say so they awkwardly tell him again that they’re thankful he’s alive before leaving the room and the police station. The only family that Jorge thought who might’ve accepted him has just left him alone.
Harley puts her hand on Jorge’s shoulder, and says, “I’m sorry Jorge.”
“It’s okay. I forgive them.”
A man enters the room without knocking.
Harley turns around. “Leo, so you decided to show up.”
“That’s right, Harley. I had to see this remarkable young man.”
Leo holds out his hand with a smile and says, “Nice to meet you, Jorge. Do you know who I am?”
Jorge hastily shakes Leo’s hand and says, “Yes, Mr. Mayor.”
“Just call me Leo.”
“Okay, Leo.”
“Harley told me what you did, and it seems like you don’t have anywhere to go.”
“The families of his friends just left.”
“They did? Idiots. Those people don’t see the potential in you. Why don’t you come with me and live with me at my place? I could help you become a great man.”
Jorge thinks about it then says, “I’ll do that, but you have to promise me that you won’t give me money that I didn’t earn. I want to earn everything I get no matter how small it is.”
“I promise. You’ve actually started becoming a great man with that mindset. You’ll accomplish great things if you keep thinking this way and growing in it.”
“I will?”
“Yes, you’ll see.”

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment