Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Connected Through Music Chapter 4 - Solo

Chapter 4 – Solo
Since the demons’ only attempt to get rid of Legato failed, their only way to stop their demise is by killing Arietta. If she were to die, then Legato, in theory, would give up and die as well. Arietta takes a bit more effort to take out for the demons, but they deal with the discomfort they have to go through in order for their plan to succeed. The area ahead of Arietta is strangely alive with green plants and trees. There are people rebuilding their homes in these areas and Arietta goes to help them.
While helping them, she asks them, “When did this start happening?”
A man responds by saying, “I don’t know. A woman with brown hair came to us and told us that the life was coming back to the wasteland and here we are.”
“Where is this woman?”
“She’s over there resting. She apparently never rested for long while surviving in this wasteland. Poor thing.”
Arietta goes to talk to the woman who is resting in the grass. She’s really dirty and the only thing she’s wearing is a hooded robe.
“Excuse me for interrupting your rest,” Arietta says to the woman.
The woman smiles and says to Arietta, “It’s no problem for me.”
“When did you find the grass growing here?”
“Just today. I was just surviving in the wasteland until I was granted this amazing ability. Watch this.”
The woman touches the ground and grass and flowers begin to grow from it.
“That’s amazing!”
“It’s a miracle isn’t it?”
“How did you get it?”
“I’ll let you in on a secret.” The woman gets closer to Arietta and whispers into her ear, “I got it from the demons.”
“What?” Arietta says as she backs away from the woman.
“It’s okay. You think demons only destroy but look at what I can do with the miracles they have given me. We can make the world beautiful if we just give into them.”
“This isn’t right.”
“How can something that’s wrong create happiness? Look at the people here. Look at how happy and hopeful they are. Tell me you’re going to give in to make people happy.”
“I…I can’t.”
“That’s a shame.”
The woman transforms into a humongous demon made of diamonds. The ground that was green with grass now dies except for where Arietta is standing. Seeing that they were tricked by a powerful demon, the human people drop what they are doing and run away from the area.
“If we can’t do this the easy way, I might as well do this…the other easy way,” the diamond demon says as the grass beneath Arietta constricts her so that she can’t move.
With one punch, the diamond demon sends Arietta several feet away. All of Arietta’s bones feel broken now and Legato feels something in him being viciously torn away. He falls to his knees and prays that Arietta is okay. Arietta tries to pray for help as well but she can’t move her hands to do so or open her mouth, so she thinks her prayers. Seeing the predicament she’s in, the light grants her immense strength and completely heals her wounds. Her knives are now made of pure light and her dress is remade for battle. Still feeling intimidated by her foe, she sings to Legato so that he will grant her extra strength as she fights the humongous diamond demon.

I don’t need your miracles to be blessed
I don’t need your attention to feel loved
Everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie
Your words are poison and your ways are revolting

Nothing you offer me is beautiful
Nothing about you is good
I’ve got everything I need with me
Your world is a prison
Not a land of the free

Arietta’s speed and strength outmatch the diamond demon to the point where she dodges the demon’s quick attacks. She even manages to punch it a few feet away. Enraged, the diamond demon makes itself quicker and stronger.

Silence me
Just try it
You can’t be what I am
Or handle what I got

Never will I submit to you
Never will I take the shortcut
My strength and beauty will outlast yours
They say diamonds last forever
But I will last longer than that

Your gifts are nothing
Your reign will end
Never will you do anything worthwhile
Never will I fall

Never, never, never!


Finally, Arietta’s knives of light break through the diamond demon’s skin and break it apart. Arietta then cuts into the chest of the diamond demon and breaks its heart, which makes it shatter. Her battle is over, and Arietta goes back to feeling normal, so she continues on her way. Legato feels better as part of him knows that Arietta is okay, so he does the same. Meanwhile, the demons gather all of their forces for one final attack on the couple. They will meet at the point where Arietta and Legato see each other as this is their final attempt to keep the land they’ve stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment