Sunday, March 24, 2024

The Scream

In the silence, I hear the screaming. In it, I hear the wailing of the innocent, and beyond that, I hear the cries of children and infants who died and were abandoned by their parents and passersby. Further beyond that, I hear a terrifying scream of an approaching being. Its sound is full of fury, but not so much anger, but is that of someone who has been hurt. It reminds me of the scream of a parent racing to protect their child, a soldier sacrificing themself in battle, and a lover rushing to meet the one who has their heart.

The power and heat of it are such that it feels as if the one screaming can destroy reality and will be here any moment. The scream of the suffering lover echoes throughout space and time and is one of love, impending justice, and pain. Beware for that lover will be here soon and is screaming for you. For either good or ill, depends on the dispensation of your soul. So, unite your cries and pains with it, or you will face the vengeance of the lover you betrayed.

-inspired by daydreams and moments of silence I've had in adoration and prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment