Saturday, March 25, 2023

All According to the Divine Plan: Epilogue – Broken Made New

Epilogue – Broken Made New

When I wake up the next morning, I feel refreshed. Connor is up and making breakfast. We make plans to go out again this time going out to the beach. While walking around on the beach, I feel that something is off. Before I’m able to ask what’s wrong, Connor gets on one knee in front of me and presents a gold, black, and red ring to me.

“Gabriella, will you marry me?”

“Yes, yes, I do!” Connor barely manages to get the ring on my finger before I tackle him and shower his face with kisses. Some of the people around us laugh.

“Okay, okay! Calm down. People are watching.”

“So what? This is the happiest moment of my life. I’m going to enjoy it to its fullest.”

“If you’re going to do that, then I’ll do the same,” Connor says while reversing my hold on him, pinning me to the sand, and showering my face with kisses. As we look into each other’s eyes, he says, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I say before we kiss. For the next couple of hours, we sit on the beach enjoying the sights while holding each other’s hands. We then get up around twelve and decide to get lunch on the boardwalk. “Um. Are we going to cuddle all night like we did last night?”

“I don’t know. I have work and, knowing you, you’ll try to keep me with you for as long as you want like you did this morning.”

“And? What’s your point? You can tell your boss that your crazy fiancée can’t let go of you. I’m sure he’ll understand.”

“I don’t think he’ll accept me being late to work on a daily basis because of it.” Connor’s hand slips from mine because of his embarrassment, so I quickly grab it.

“Hey! I want to hold your hand for the entire day today. That means holding it while you’re eating and driving too.”

“Well, it can’t be for the entire day. I’ll eventually need to let go when I have to take a shower for tomorrow.”

We could…no, no, no. At least not until we’re married. “You still have to do what I want for the most part. You don’t want to ruin this special day for me, do you? A happy wife means a happy life.”

“I don’t want to ruin it, but I don’t have to do everything you want. It’s my special day too.”

“How about this? We wrestle over who gets to decide what we do for the rest of the day. Whoever gets the other to tap out wins, okay? Are you ready?”

“Wait, hold on!”

“Go!” I tackle Connor again this time at a part of the beach where the water from the ocean touches the beach so we end up getting wet. “Tap out! You can’t win.”

“That’s what you think!”

Connor and I wrestle together laughing and having a fun time until I end up tapping out. I don’t mind that he gets to decide what we do today since I like most of the decisions he makes anyways. Without him, I’d be my old miserable self.

Without what God did, I wouldn’t be this happy, so I have to thank Him and my guardian angel as well. I thank you now and will continue to thank both of you until the day I die for all of the blessings I have and will have in the future even if they come in the form of challenges and struggles because I know that there’s something better at the end of it all.


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment