Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Government-Sanctioned Mafia: Chapter 3 – A Messy Rescue

Chapter 3 – A Messy Rescue

All the agents and police officers for the raid on the sex traffickers enter the briefing room and make small talk with one another as they enjoy the free coffee and hoagies.

Seeing a familiar face, I go up to him and say, “Chief Leo! It’s great to see you again.”

“Of course I’d be here after hearing that you were heading the investigation. Will you be in the field or just directing everyone behind the scenes and doing your own thing?” Chief Leo asks.

“Hell no. I’m not going to stay on the side while lives are on the line.”

“And that’s why I always said you were a model officer, and the SIB would be worse without you. I’m sure you two don’t need to worry with him on the field.”

Speaking for them, I say, “Actually, I wouldn’t be able to do as much without Garnet’s advice on comms and on the field and Bezalel’s help in detaining suspects.”

The meeting is about to start, so I tell everyone to please sit down and quiet down for the briefing.

“Did you hear what they said, Draco?” Chief Leo asks.

“Sorry, I didn’t. Tell me later,” I say.

“Get used to Draco being deaf to hearing anything good about him. He’s usually focused on the task at hand. Speaking of which, let’s hear what you three have to say.”

Garnet goes to the front of the room and switches slides on the projector as she talks. She begins by saying, “The sex trafficking syndicate we’re after is about to be trading and getting rid of the people they have on hand at the docks we’ll be heading to, so I’ll be brief. You're all already assigned to teams, and each part of the docks you’ll be attacking. We have sniper support, EMTs on standby, and the Coast Guard ready to chase anyone who tries to escape from the water. Any questions?”

“Do we really need this much support for an operation like this? It seems a bit overkill,” an officer asks.

“Of course we need all this help. The lives of innocents, and especially that of children, are at risk here.”

Another officer asks, “Does that mean it’s kill on sight for these suspects since human trafficking, especially child trafficking, is punishable by immediate execution?”

“Take them in alive, if you can. Because they’re connected to many people in entertainment, we need to know what they know and their testimony to put the people they know in jail,” I say.

“What about those people in entertainment? Shouldn’t we be arresting them?”

“That’s already happening as we speak from other squads of agents and officers,” Bezalel says. “We’re after the suppliers, while the buyers are being put behind bars before their trial.”

With no other questions, we conclude the meeting and go out to the docks. We get to work immediately just as it starts to rain. Heading in with other agents, Garnet, Bezalel, and I attack the docks from the side where all the ships are docked, and start with the one ship that was noted as being the one with all the sex slaves in it. As we board, a crane on the docks starts taking the containers and tossing them into the ocean.

Over the radio, I say, “Get the Coast Guard to move in immediately! They’re tossing away evidence, possibly people into the water!”

“Are you sure? That’ll ruin your element of surprise-”

Cutting off the Coast Guard contact, I say, “Get them over here now! All agents and officers, go loud!”

Gunfire rings out in the night, and the guards on the boat rush to the edge to see what’s going on. The agents I’m with fire non-lethal knockout rounds at them and push into the bowels of the ship. We catch the guards shooting the slaves in the rooms; some we’re able to save, others we’re too late for, which pushes us to move faster. At the very bottom of the ship, we find the guards gathering all the slaves into one cage and setting a fire under it, trying to burn them all alive. Seeing this makes me throw caution to the wind for my safety and the safety of the scum trying to kill innocent children.

I don’t care what kind of ammo I’m loading into my pistol, whether the suspects get shot in the head or not, and how many times I’m getting shot or grazed by bullets. All that matters to me is the safety of the slaves, especially the children. I reach the cage, shoot off the lock, and help everyone out of it. My fellow agents help everyone out of the boat, and it isn’t until I get off the boat that I feel the effects of the bullets I took. I fall to my knees and have to have Garnet and Bezalel get me to an EMT for help. Thankfully, most of the bullets grazed me and didn’t get too far into me, thanks to the body armor I’m wearing.

“That was reckless, Draco. What were you thinking?” Garnet says.

“I wasn’t thinking. I was only concerned for the safety of others, as a real agent of law enforcement should,” I say.

“He’s right. Of all the times to be reckless, that was the most appropriate. Those people are alive because of him,” Bezalel says.

“Tch. I can’t argue with you on that. Just try not to make it a habit,” Bezalel says.

The results of the raid led to the arrest of dozens upon dozens of criminals and the rescue of many sex slaves, most of whom were children. Unfortunately, some of the suspects and many of the slaves were killed, and not much new was discovered from questioning the suspects. There weren’t any servers or computers that could be mined for info, and the only thing that was discovered was one last place where the slaves were brought, bought, and abused, that being the house of a famous movie and TV producer, one that Bezalel and I see every morning during our coffee breakfast together. The next morning comes, and Bezalel, Garnet, and I look at the house as we have our coffee and make our plan.

“You know what we should do?” Bezalel asks.

“What?” I say.

“I should get a launcher from the SIB armory and blow the place up.”

“You can’t do that. The bureau won’t let you,” Garnet says.

“You know what sickens me? That house is one of the most visible places in the City of Angels because it’s on a hill. We see it every day. Everyone sees it every day, and it’s where those sick fucks have been selling and abusing people from! Don’t say that I should take in anyone alive because I plan on killing every single guilty motherfucker in there!”

“We need them alive, Bezalel,” I say. “We don’t know how much deeper this goes.”

“How much deeper can it go? The government? The Church? A lot of those guards on the docks were from the Cult of the Pale Green Horse, and people are saying that the Israeli mafia may be involved with it too. If you want suspects to question, then you better get to them before I do, because I have every legal and moral right to send those pieces of shit to Hell.”

“Okay.”

Bezalel downs his coffee and tells us to get a move on. Garnet and I quickly drink our coffees, go to the SIB office for our briefing, and then head out to the house on the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment