Monday, September 2, 2019

A sudden realization

You know I just realized something while stressing to find different classes for my last semester of college. It probably doesn't matter if I get the degree or not. I don't think it's my calling to get a "college" job. I don't have the same motivation to finish college as I do to finish my next book or go to Church and read more about Catholicism. It's the same kind of not caring that I felt before becoming an author. I didn't care about much until I became an author which helped me become a better person who then started to care more about my life and other people. The idea in my head is that God has led me to become a writer, which then led me to read and care more about Christianity. The same can't be said about college.
The obvious solution now would just be to drop out and save me the cost of another semester, but I don't know where to go and which job to pick. I assume the choice is up to me as long as I can write whatever stories come to me. I kind of wish I was like a fellow author I sort of know who works on a farm and writes. I have a lot of reading to do for my current classes, which may affect my grade since I have to remember so much. I'm not going to put my author job on the side for college though. I don't care if I get a lower grade if that means I can write books that people enjoy and get inspired by. The cost is worth it. It doesn't matter that I reach very few people, the point is that those people enjoy my work and get what they need out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment