Sunday, November 5, 2017

How I got interested in politics and obtained a deeper interest in Christianity

At first, I was a very left-wing, liberal person. I supported Democrats without knowing very much about them and what they did. Politics wasn't very interesting to me because I feel like my stupid opinions didn't matter much on my own and I wasn't very educated in them. The 2016 election was going on and everybody started getting political. I was a Bernie Sanders supporter and started getting political a well. Though some people hated Trump, I didn't see the reason why people did. I even knew a good number of people who supported him. After digging deeper into it, I became a Trump supporter and Republic and voted for him.
I started watching channels like Steven Crowder, Sargon of Akkad, Blaire White, Stefan Molyneux, Vernaculis, and other Skeptic channels. Sure, some of them were atheists but it didn't bother me as long as they spoke the truth politically. After a while, their reasons for being morally good politically didn't make sense to me. Atheism and agnosticism don't supply a good reason to be morally good so I started to follow Christian Twitter users and Youtubers. Youtubers like Inspiring Philosophy, Max Kobe, Steve Turley, and Jordan Peterson gave me a deeper understanding of morality. I was also reading I don't have enough faith to be an atheist, Mere Christianity, The Shack, and the Bible at the time which greatly increased my faith. All of the sudden, the skeptics seemed hollow and inadequate for reason and knowledge. It also didn't help that I was being bothered by random atheists and agnostics on Twitter for talking about my faith. They themselves exposed the shallowness of their faith and further deepened my faith which I have to thank and pray for them for. I was already going to investigate further into my faith but they pushed it to the front of my to-do list.
Now I write more about religious themes in my books and post more about my faith. I only listen to Steven Crowder, Steve Turley, Max Kobe, David Wood and some of the other religious YouTubers while I've unfollowed most atheist and agnostic Youtubers and Twitter users. The music bands I listen to are mainly Christian with a few exceptions. Because I've deepened my faith, I've become a better person and my heart is at peace despite what goes on. I recommend that other people do this as well to have what I have or rather what Jesus offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment